Windows 10: Browser wont open when told to by another program

Discus and support Browser wont open when told to by another program in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Any time one of my apps needs to open a browser for things like sign in, it simply doesn't open Chrome. submitted by /u/TeckDoesGaming [link]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TeckDoesGaming, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Browser wont open when told to by another program

Any time one of my apps needs to open a browser for things like sign in, it simply doesn't open Chrome.

submitted by /u/TeckDoesGaming
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TeckDoesGaming, Jan 8, 2021

2. edge browser won't open

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please provide more information before we proceed

• Do you facing this issue only with few sites or with all websites?
    • Are you getting any error message when try to open?
    • Are you able to use other browsers on your system?
    • Is the Microsoft Edge Windows opens?

Step 1:

If Microsoft Edge browser opens, I would suggest you try clearing cache and cookies.

Follow the steps below:

• Click on the More actions (…) icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.

• Select Settings and click on
      Choose what to clear

• Check the boxes Browsing history,
      Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and
      files and click on Clear.
    Step 2: If the browser didn’t opens try running
    System File Checker.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To perform SFC Scan, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Please do get back to us with the answers to assist you better with issue you are facing.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 8, 2021
  3. Links wont open

Hi Caleb,

The challenge that you are experiencing with opening links that you click on can occur due to several reasons, such as, browser issues, hyperlink issues, etc. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start? Have you made any significant changes to your computer before the issue started?
    • What are the exact troubleshooting steps that you've taken so far? This is for us to avoid providing the same steps.
    • What's your default browser? Have you tried setting up a different browser as your default browser?

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Jan 8, 2021
  4. Browser wont open when told to by another program

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

Browser wont open when told to by another program

1. Browser wont open when told to by another program - Similar Threads - Browser wont open

2. web browsers wont open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    web browsers wont open: i have been using chrome for a while now and it worked perfectly and it still does but i wanted to switch to other browsers but whenever i open them they are open for split second then they crashthis doesnt happen for chrome or microsoft edge but it does happen for opera and...
  3. web browsers wont open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    web browsers wont open: i have been using chrome for a while now and it worked perfectly and it still does but i wanted to switch to other browsers but whenever i open them they are open for split second then they crashthis doesnt happen for chrome or microsoft edge but it does happen for opera and...
  4. web browsers wont open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Browser wont open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Browser wont open: Hi, all my browsers refuse to open except the original microsoft edge which is the one my pc recommends. I will open the application it will do a quick load then immediately close itself....
  6. Program as trigger to open another program?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program as trigger to open another program?: Hello dear community, I got CS:GO in Steam. I would like to run CustomDesktopLogo at the same time so that I can display a small dot in the middle of the monitor. Now I have already tried with a CMD file: start /b "" "C:\Not...
  7. Open in another program

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Open in another program: Hello. I'm running into problems regarding deleting, moving or re-naming files/folders ... always PDF ones. "...file is open in another program". There is no other program open! In Task manager it sometimes works to end Adobe Collaboration Synchronizer (2), but sometimes the...
  8. File is open in another program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File is open in another program: I share a folder on my network with firetv. I use it to watch movies on a tv. If I watch a movie then in fire TV close the app I used to watch it. Then using my new upgraded win10 computer I can't move or delete that movie I watched says File is open in another program I...
  9. File is open in another program

in Windows 10 Support
    File is open in another program: I share a folder on my network with firetv. I use it to watch movies on a tv. If I watch a movie then in fire TV close the app I used to watch it. Then using my new upgraded win10 computer I can't move or delete that movie I watched says File is open in another program I...
  10. Programs wont open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs wont open: On windows ten some programs will just open up and give me a error or open up then when ever I login or something it just wont open. I tried to fix my .exe in regedit with every tutorial but nothing fixed it that only fixed it so I can open them but they just give me a error...