Windows 10: Browsers crash when downloading/saving

Discus and support Browsers crash when downloading/saving in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Both Firefox and Chrome crash whenever I try to download or save a file. No error dialogs, they just stop and close when the "save" window opens.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dudabrad, Jan 13, 2019.

1. dudabrad Win User

Browsers crash when downloading/saving

Both Firefox and Chrome crash whenever I try to download or save a file. No error dialogs, they just stop and close when the "save" window opens.

Today Internet Explorer did the same thing.

The only browser that seems to be working properly is Edge.

I'm running Windows 10 Home (1803)

:)

dudabrad, Jan 13, 2019

2. Browser Tab Crashing

Hi,

Corrupted browser cache and extensions are some of the things that can cause your browser to crash. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Have you made any recent changes on your device prior to your concern?
    • Have you tried using a different browser other than the ones mentioned above? If yes, did you encounter the same error?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've performed to resolve your concern?

To rule out any performance issues, we suggest that you replicate your concern while you're in the clean boot environment and check if the issue persists. To do this, follow the steps provided on this

link

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Jan 13, 2019
  3. Download issue with Edge browser

Hi,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

I understand that you are not able to download any files through EDGE browser.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you clear the Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions (…) icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.

• Right click on Microsoft EDGE.

• Go to details click on microsoftedgeCP.exe and click
      end task.
    You have to repeat it few times it worked for me hope it will help you to reset the Microsoft edge browser.

The download option will be available on the EDGE browser at the top right corner. Click on Hub (three horizontal symbol) and click on Downloads, there you will be able to click on Downloads folder and check where the download
    files are getting saved.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jan 13, 2019
  4. W1zzard Win User

Save BIOS crash.

Not a known issue. The crash suggests that the AMD driver crashed the system.

Does this happen every time?

W1zzard, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Browsers crash when downloading/saving - Similar Threads - Browsers crash downloading

2. Crashes when playing videos in browser

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crashes when playing videos in browser: Hello!I experience blue screen of death crashes when playing videos in my browser. I have the most recent video drivers and windows version.Crash dumps and msinfohttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AttUF1JsBjqjfRvtrzh2Z4pcWnQ?e=aOpAlOThanks for your help!BrHarald...
  3. Opera browser crashes when opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opera browser crashes when opening: I recently installed Opera on my computer and when I launched it, it closed immediately. Does anyone know how to fix this?Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opera-browser-crashes-when-opening/3c8a7cc7-0b49-4e85-80ed-78254a5b6ff6
  4. Crash when printing on any browser

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Crash when printing on any browser: My occupation requires me to print many documents from the browser I am using Google Chrome. Recently, I find myself not able to print anything from the browser after I updated the latest windows version, it just keep crashing when I try printing. The stop code is...
  5. Browsers crash when opened

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Browsers crash when opened: I have been having an issue with browsers on my laptop crashing and then reopening immediately with a few seconds of delay. It started with Firefox, but then I discovered that it happens with Chrome and Edge as well. It does not happen with Brave and IE however. I have tried...
  6. Crash when loading multiple browsers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Crash when loading multiple browsers: Not sure if this is the place for this I don't really understand redit categorization. So here is the issue, I built a PC about six months ago and everything was fine with it fast forward couple months and I built another PC for my GF with identical specs with the difference...
  7. When I attempt to save a image save a image as in a browser, it crashes sometimes.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When I attempt to save a image save a image as in a browser, it crashes sometimes.: When I attempt to save an image save an image as in a browser, it crashes sometimes. The app icons below in my toolbar go invisible minus a few and the browser doesn't allow for saving the image or any image still for a while until the file explorer randomly pops up later and...
  8. Laptop lags/freezes when saving downloaded file from browser (Chrome and Edge)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop lags/freezes when saving downloaded file from browser (Chrome and Edge): After the update, my laptop sometimes lags or freezes when saving downloaded file from browser (Chrome and Edge). Browser is not responding in task manager and the file icons in the folders lose their image/appearance. When I close the Save As dialog or end task the browser,...
  9. Browsers crash at end when downloading stuff

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Browsers crash at end when downloading stuff: As the title says browsers crash at end when downloading stuff https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/browsers-crash-at-end-when-downloading-stuff/791598d1-3e71-4cd5-9175-9ea18f617ee5
  10. Why do my browsers crash when Saving Picture As?

in Browsers and Email
    Why do my browsers crash when Saving Picture As?: Hi There Every time I try to save a picture from my internet browsers, it crashes when the windows explorer dialog box opens? This has been going on for a month or so, another colleague at work has the same issue on her windows 10 laptop. (We are not on a IT group though...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. browser crashes when downloading videos windows 10

2. browser crashes when downloading

3. browsers crash when downloading