Windows 10: Browsers delayed launch

Discus and support Browsers delayed launch in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I have a small (but irritating) problem that I need help with. Recently (can't exactly remember when) Firefox and Chrome started taking... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by AndreasKal, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Browsers delayed launch

Hello everyone. I have a small (but irritating) problem that I need help with. Recently (can't exactly remember when) Firefox and Chrome started taking too long to launch. After launch there is no slowdown or choppiness, they both run fine. The time to launch for each browser is 17.7 seconds (timed!) from clicking the icon until the window pops up. They both open on a blank page, so no traffic delay. Before this problem appeared, they both launched within a second from clicking the icon. Microsoft Edge is not affected and starts within a second.

I believe that this has nothing to do with hardware (slow/faulty PC). I have tried to eliminate the effects of addons/extensions by removing them or even reinstalling but nothing works. The problem is probably some setting that either me or a program messed with. Something causes both browsers to a delayed start. The fact that both programs take the exact same time to launch indicates that delay is from an external factor. Another thing that seems strange is that (on both browsers) when the start page launches, I can right-click the icon on taskbar and press “New window” and this new window launches instantly with delay!

Some extra information: My antivirus is Bitdefender and my PC tuning program is Nero Tuneitup Pro.

Any idea what went wrong or how to fix this?

:)

AndreasKal, Dec 17, 2018

2. Browser launches after sleep

Hi and thank you for your response, followed the steps above and rebooted sadly still no change. Browser still launches after sleep. I have tried what you suggest plus number of variations of uninstall, reinstall, downloading latest vendor drivers, using
    windows update to to get lastest drivers and letting control panel install drivers all with no change. Is there anything else you can suggest?

paulandratbags, Dec 17, 2018
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Site links not working in Chrome or Edge

Hi,

Have you tried resetting your browser? If not, we suggest you to do so. To reset Edge, follow these steps:

• Go to
      Browser Settings.

• Clear
      Browser Data.

• Close the browser and launch it again.

If the issue persist, follow these other steps:

• Go to
      Task Manager.

• Click on
      MicrosoftedgeCP.exe

• End the task.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Dec 17, 2018
  4. John Vil Win User

Browsers delayed launch

Delay in opening Links to default web browser?

Hi,

For us to better isolate what's causing this issue, we would like to ask a few more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Do you notice any delay in browsing websites as well?
    • Have you tried clearing the cache and cookies of your browsers?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried?

In the meantime, you may also refer this article for tips on how to improve your PC's performance.

We're looking forward for your response.

John Vil, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

Browsers delayed launch

1. Browsers delayed launch - Similar Threads - Browsers delayed launch

2. Slow App Launch with Delays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow App Launch with Delays: Hello!My apps do not launch instantly as they used to do. There is a small delay from 2-5 seconds even more some apps, sometimes even more when I try to start something. I do not know what is going on here but I will be more than happy if someone can help me. This also...
  3. Slow App Launch with Delays

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow App Launch with Delays: Hello!My apps do not launch instantly as they used to do. There is a small delay from 2-5 seconds even more some apps, sometimes even more when I try to start something. I do not know what is going on here but I will be more than happy if someone can help me. This also...
  4. Slow App Launch with Delays

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. App launch delay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App launch delay: I am running Windows 10 Professional with the latest update. There is a noticeable several second lag when l launch an app from the command line or from keyboard shortcuts. There is no delay launching apps from the start menu or shortcut. I saw via Google query that ending...
  6. App launch delay

App launch delay: I am running Windows 10 Professional with the latest update. There is a noticeable several second lag when l launch an app from the command line or from keyboard shortcuts. There is no delay launching apps from the start menu or shortcut. I saw via Google query that ending...
  7. App launch delay

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Delay on Programm launch Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delay on Programm launch Windows 10: I recently reinstalled Windows 10 on a new 1TB samsung NVME SSD. Problem is just that now, everytime I try to open a new app like VScode, Steam, Discord, Chrome etc. Both on C System drive and other drives it has a 30 second delay until it starts working. On my old drive apps...
  9. Delay on Programm launch Windows 10

Delay on Programm launch Windows 10: I recently reinstalled Windows 10 on a new 1TB samsung NVME SSD. Problem is just that now, everytime I try to open a new app like VScode, Steam, Discord, Chrome etc. Both on C System drive and other drives it has a 30 second delay until it starts working. On my old drive apps...
  10. Unable to launch browsers

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to launch browsers: This is the response I get when trying to launch either EDGE (default) browser or CHROME. What does it mean and how can I quickly get access to my browsers? 183264