Windows 10: Browsers (Edge/Chrome) freeze for about 2-2.5 minutes randomly!

Discus and support Browsers (Edge/Chrome) freeze for about 2-2.5 minutes randomly! in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; My browsers (both Edge 87.0.664.55 and Chrome 87.0.4280.88) freeze for about 2 - 2.5 minutes randomly! This is a fresh clean install of Windows10pro... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by IcarusLSC, Dec 3, 2020.

1. IcarusLSC Win User

Browsers (Edge/Chrome) freeze for about 2-2.5 minutes randomly!

My browsers (both Edge 87.0.664.55 and Chrome 87.0.4280.88) freeze for about 2 - 2.5 minutes randomly! This is a fresh clean install of Windows10pro and did it before with the last install as well (I have all updates etc for win10pro 20H2, and latest Edge and Chrome.)

It's always 2m13s-2m27s that it freezes. I can't switch tabs within the browser then or open tabs. I can move the window around or close it (thou I can't open the same browser till after the 2min+.) I can use the rest of the computer fine it seems, and even open/use a different browser fine. It will do it when closing a tab or just browsing through a webpage. I can't figure out what is causing it. Tried both browsers with and without uBlock Origin to see if it was ads causing this but doesn't seem to make a difference.

No errors I can find anywhere.
    Any ideas??! This system I just built for my mother and she can't use it like this (its an older i5 750 with 8GB RAM, GTS8800 and three SSDs in it, but totally fine for her browsing etc.) *Sad
    Thanks all!

:)

IcarusLSC, Dec 3, 2020

2. Win10 system freezing for 2 minutes every 5-15 minutes

Hi,

I did a clean boot, and opened the Edge browser to have something to do. Within minutes, the system stopped responding to clicks for a few minutes, then executed all commands at once.

Without rebooting to a normal state, I did the following-

System file checker - no integrity violations.

I did the list in the "improving performance" article; still freezing. Memory monitor showed lots of headroom in my 8G RAM.

System Update says I'm current; I'm hesitant to force the Creators update before Microsoft offers it to me.

Sigh.

JohnFlenniken, Dec 3, 2020
  3. EileenP Win User
    Browser History Missing in EDGE

Your answer is not helpful. How did I discover I couldn't access the history? By following all the steps you listed below.

Edge has problems and for this reason Chrome is now my browser and I am very happy. Absolutely no freezing !!!

EileenP, Dec 3, 2020
  4. Lord TJ Win User

Internet browsers randomly freeze PC, automatically reboots

This issue began happening a few days ago. I am experiencing a complete system freeze following an automatic reboot. This happens only with internet browsers (tested with Firefox, Chrome, and Edge) being open, typically while loading a webpage or having
    more than one tab open, but I am finding no specific pattern to trigger it as freezing occurs within minutes of use up to a few hours.

Ive had some programs become unable to open such as Malwarebytes and Nexus Mod Manager as a freeze happened while loading in a program, a complete reinstall fixes the issue.

Steps I have tried:

• Delete browsing history via Control Panel Internet Options and browsers
    • Cleaned PC of dust - hardware temps are also good
    • Virus(Eset NOD32) & Malware(Malwarebytes) Scans - no negative results
    • msconfig services check - good
    • msert.exe microsoft security tool - no negative results
    • RAM check - good
    • Drivers up to date

Any other ideas?

Lord TJ, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Browsers (Edge/Chrome) freeze for about 2-2.5 minutes randomly! - Similar Threads - Browsers Edge Chrome

2. fps drops to 5-10 every 2 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fps drops to 5-10 every 2 minutes: so i have a nice enough config to play games at atleast 90-120 fps on medium setting i even get that fps but after like just 2-3 minutes fps drops to 5-10 for like 10 seconds and then back to normal but this keeps happening every 2 minutes its obviously unbearable...
  3. "You are about to be signed out in 5/2 minutes."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "You are about to be signed out in 5/2 minutes.": Hi there. I'm having this problem with my laptop nearly for a year now. After some time of being connected to my wifiabout 1 or 2 month , suddenly I get no more internet connection out of it. It is written "connected+internet access" but i cannot use it even for a simple...
  4. "You are about to be signed out in 5/2 minutes."

"You are about to be signed out in 5/2 minutes.": Hi there. I'm having this problem with my laptop nearly for a year now. After some time of being connected to my wifiabout 1 or 2 month , suddenly I get no more internet connection out of it. It is written "connected+internet access" but i cannot use it even for a simple...
  5. "You are about to be signed out in 5/2 minutes."

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. My Edge and Chrome browsers continue to freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Edge and Chrome browsers continue to freeze: My Edge and Chrome browsers continue to freeze. I have removed extensions and re-installed browsers and reinstalled my Windows 8.1 but it still freezes. What may be causing the problem and how can it be fixed?...
  7. My Edge and Chrome browsers continue to freeze

My Edge and Chrome browsers continue to freeze: My Edge and Chrome browsers continue to freeze. I have removed extensions and re-installed browsers and reinstalled my Windows 8.1 but it still freezes. What may be causing the problem and how can it be fixed?...
  8. Browsers hanging/freezing : edge , chrome .firefox

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Browsers hanging/freezing : edge , chrome .firefox: On my pc browsers keep on freezing again and again , I have cleared all the cache and removed all the data from browsers by resetting them . when browsers freeze other applications on pc work fine...
  9. destiny 2 randomly freezing in the tower

in Windows 10 Gaming
    destiny 2 randomly freezing in the tower: so when loading into the tower i experience some freezing here and there, but then when i load into a different location i get a ton of freezing and i don't know why, i have tried everything and nothing has worked. i don't know some of my specs but the best i could tell...
  10. Windows 10 PC Random Freezing for 1-5 minutes 3/4 times in 2-3 hours

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 PC Random Freezing for 1-5 minutes 3/4 times in 2-3 hours: Hi, I have a windows 10 PC that is suffering from random freezes, everything locks up, no response to keyboard, mouse, Ctrl/Alt/Del. It can freeze from anything from 1 to 5 or more minutes, 3 or 4 times in an evening, then 'wakes up' and works as if all fine. I believe...