Windows 10: Browsers Fail IPv6 Tests

Discus and support Browsers Fail IPv6 Tests in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Running Windows 10 Version 1903. Network Properties shows that the system has both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses. Other, non-Windows devices on network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GaryJE, Jun 12, 2019.

1. GaryJE Win User

Browsers Fail IPv6 Tests

Running Windows 10 Version 1903. Network Properties shows that the system has both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses. Other, non-Windows devices on network (e.g., Xbox One X) successfully pass tests like https://test-ipv6.com.

Cannot get Chrome to pass the test at all ("No IPv6 address detected" and "Connections to IPv6-only sites are timing out"). Once in a while, Edge will pass the test, but fail immediately after a successful test.

Appreciate any thoughts on what's causing the IPv6 failures. Thanks!

:)

GaryJE, Jun 12, 2019

2. The official TPU IPv6 thread

most ISPs havnt bothered with IPv6 yet. i have verizon, one of the USA's largest providers and i get

from this test Test your IPv6.

Easy Rhino, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Mini02 Win User
    Test Cases failed during Playback - Visual Studio 2017

I am using Visual Studio 2017 to test Web based application. From a testing perspective, I am seeing following issues:

1. I recorded test steps using Coded UI Test builder (for a web application) and did not find any issue while recording. All steps were recorded correctly as I could see it under "Show Recorded steps" section. But when tried to Playback the same steps, test
    case failed. I tried looking for error under "Error list" section but I am not seeing any error listed there. How to resolve this issue? How can I determine the reason behind this failure?

2. I am seeing "Chrome Legacy Window" while recording test steps, which eventually end up failing the test case while automating. For instance, if clicked on user Id, its recording "Chrome Legacy Window." I
    also tried recording test steps in IE but its still failing with Internet Explorer as well.

How to resolve these issue? Please provide steps if possible.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Mini

Mini02, Jun 12, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Browsers Fail IPv6 Tests

The official TPU IPv6 thread

Tech giants to enable IPv6 on "World IPv6 Day" in June

World IPv6 Day
    "This is a 24 hour event June 8, 2011, from 0000 to 2359 UTC."

Test your IPv6 Readinesss! <click to test with Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, or Chrome and other browsers(most should work)
    *Smile Browsers Fail IPv6 Tests :)

Edit: Couple of interesting sites.

The NSA's take on router security.
    Router Security Configuration Guide Supplement - Security for IPv6 Routers

Microsoft's take on Home routers.
    IPv6 Support in Home Routers

95Viper, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Browsers Fail IPv6 Tests

1. Browsers Fail IPv6 Tests - Similar Threads - Browsers Fail IPv6

2. Memory Diagnostic Failed Test

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory Diagnostic Failed Test: Just recently updated my Motherboard's BIOS B550 AORUS ELITE AX V2 Earlier today and ever since my pc has crashed on muyltiple games under rendering issues, I rant a memory diagnostic and it failed as well, not sure how to pinpoint what exactly went wrong....
  3. Memory Diagnostic Failed Test

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Memory Diagnostic Failed Test: Just recently updated my Motherboard's BIOS B550 AORUS ELITE AX V2 Earlier today and ever since my pc has crashed on muyltiple games under rendering issues, I rant a memory diagnostic and it failed as well, not sure how to pinpoint what exactly went wrong....
  4. S.MA.R.T Test failed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    S.MA.R.T Test failed: Hi Guys.Could someone please help me with a solution to my problem.When i start my laptop i am faced with the SMART check and it says that the short DST Failed .can someone help me to get back on tracks please.Thanks....
  5. failed to play test sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    failed to play test sound: about a day ago my pc just stopped sending audio through all of my connected audio devices, i checked the device manager and windows services and all my drivers and services seem to be working fine, but whenever i open my sound control panel and try to play the test sound i...
  6. NSLOOKUP for local IPv6 devices fails

NSLOOKUP for local IPv6 devices fails: I'm trying to determine if I have a problem with a router or have run into a Windows peculiarity. If I do an NSLOOKUP for IPv4 addresses of devices on my LAN I get the addresses returned If I query the IPv6 addresses (NSLOOKUP -query=AAAA ...) I get "*** No IPv6 address...
  7. Test Report on Edge Browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Test Report on Edge Browser: I've been happily using Edge for quite some time, although it appears many others prefer Chrome or Firefox, which are great in their own right. You can read the report on Edge, as well as comparison with the other popular browsers here:...
  8. Browser Benchmark Testing

in Browsers and Email
    Browser Benchmark Testing: Browser Benchmark Testing Please advise if you would like me to test other browsers Information: Test Setup: All tests were done using http://peacekeeper.futuremark.com. All tests we done with all (if any) browser add-ons disabled. The browser being tested was the only...
  9. BT users in UK beware -- IPV6 addresses being tested

BT users in UK beware -- IPV6 addresses being tested: Hi there. knowing how bad large corporations are in testing and roiling out software - especially with the amount of Offshoring and lack of QC done "in the name of Cost reductions" I expect to see these Forums being filled with howls of anguish from BT users when they find...
  10. Have You Tested Your OS and ISP for IPV6 Readiness?

Have You Tested Your OS and ISP for IPV6 Readiness?: Test here: IPv6 test - IPv6/4 connectivity and speed test My results: [img] [img] [img] 57343