Windows 10: Browsers for Win 10 advice

Discus and support Browsers for Win 10 advice in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Win 10 Pro 20H2 build 19042.685 All browsers mentioned are the very latest, up to date. I seem to be constantly on the search for the 'perfect'... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by bwallx, Jan 6, 2021.

1. bwallx Win User

Browsers for Win 10 advice

Win 10 Pro 20H2 build 19042.685 All browsers mentioned are the very latest, up to date.

I seem to be constantly on the search for the 'perfect' browser! For a long time, I found that Edge was great but it began to cause odd issues on some sites. So I went with Google Chrome. Again, very nice but had issues. Then Firefox. Ditto. Then Brave. ditto.

The problem always seems to be browsers being over protective and blocking some site elements or function. I understand for example that Flash sites are defunct and i always hated flash anyway. But maybe it is Javascript or something? (This is supposed to be a security risk?)

But really, is there a browser that isn't nannying me all the time, that works with all the common website scripts, code and so on? How about the more obscure ones? Any recommendations please?

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a specific example. This link is in an email and leads to a photography site (safe). click on the big Facebook button on that site in most browsers and a modeless window pops up but hangs instead of asking me to log into facebook.

Login - ViewBug.com

:)

bwallx, Jan 6, 2021

2. advice on browser change

FWIW, Fx also has a sync feature.

Sync can be both a blessing and a curse, especially for Chrome/Google.
    We see lots of infected computers in the malware removal fora in which "sync" results in stubbornly persistent malware that continues to respawn on the user's computers.
    I don't need it and -- largely for that reason, I don't use it. But some folks can't live without it...

As you mention an "old" Firefox profile, I suspect that is the root cause of your performance degradation.
    I suggest walking through the steps in the tutorial I mentioned in my earlier reply.
    As a first step, Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode) is a reversible debugging step that helps to isolate the problem to add-ons. It provides guidance in the direction to take to resolve the performance issue.

For the record, one can certainly install several different browsers on the same computer. A user is not limited to only one browser.
    The only downside to that approach is that -- for security and stability -- one needs to be sure to keep each browser (and its add-ons) fully patched and updated.

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jan 6, 2021
  3. wilspeak Win User
    Request Advice for finding a installed application on my Win 10 PC.

wilspeak, Jan 6, 2021
  4. Browsers for Win 10 advice

Unable to set default browser

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

Any browser.

Already did the steps you suggested. It's some kind of bug where it's impossible to set a default browser at all.

I heard elsewhere from one other user
    that it seems to be a problem with upgrading to 10 on the SP3. Sounds very specifc.

guustavooo, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

Browsers for Win 10 advice

1. Browsers for Win 10 advice - Similar Threads - Browsers advice

2. Application error: a client-side exception has occurred see the browser console for more...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application error: a client-side exception has occurred see the browser console for more...: What does this mean? Application error: a client-side exception has occurred see the browser console for more information. I get this error message when I go to the Washington Post website and click on an article title to access the content. Instead, I get a blank white...
  3. Application error: a client-side exception has occurred see the browser console for more...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Application error: a client-side exception has occurred see the browser console for more...: What does this mean? Application error: a client-side exception has occurred see the browser console for more information. I get this error message when I go to the Washington Post website and click on an article title to access the content. Instead, I get a blank white...
  4. Application error: a client-side exception has occurred see the browser console for more...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Some images glitch on web browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some images glitch on web browsers: Hey,I have a problem on multiple web browsers happens on both mozilla and operaGX but for some reason not on chrome, images appear completely glitched, as in the image linked couldn't upload it as an image idk why. If anyone has an idea of why this happens... I made another...
  6. Some images glitch on web browsers

Some images glitch on web browsers: Hey,I have a problem on multiple web browsers happens on both mozilla and operaGX but for some reason not on chrome, images appear completely glitched, as in the image linked couldn't upload it as an image idk why. If anyone has an idea of why this happens... I made another...
  7. Some images glitch on web browsers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Computer says internet isn't available but it is, it works with the browser but won't for...

Computer says internet isn't available but it is, it works with the browser but won't for...: I've tried with Wi-Fi, hotspot from my mobile, any network really but translating from Italian it says "internet unavailable, protected". I have several desktop apps I work on on a daily basis and I've been trying to settle for the web version of a few of them since internet...
  9. Need help/advice looking for a Browser replacement for FF.

in Browsers and Email
    Need help/advice looking for a Browser replacement for FF.: Hi, Need help/advice looking for a Browser replacement for FF. Some of my wishes are: Ability to import & export log-ins & passwords in the std CSV format. Use my own home pg as the page I see when I call up the browser. Set the browser to send downloads to my warehouse...
  10. advice on browser change

in Browsers and Email
    advice on browser change: I've been happily using Firefox for years, but it seems to be getting slower with each new version. My needs are simple. I just want a fast, uncomplicated browser and would appreciate a suggestion to use with Win 10. There are all kinds of reviews online but again, these...