Windows 10: Browsers for Win 10 advice

Discus and support Browsers for Win 10 advice in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Win 10 Pro 20H2 build 19042.685 All browsers mentioned are the very latest, up to date. I seem to be constantly on the search for the 'perfect'... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by bwallx, Jan 6, 2021.

1. bwallx Win User

Browsers for Win 10 advice

Win 10 Pro 20H2 build 19042.685 All browsers mentioned are the very latest, up to date.

I seem to be constantly on the search for the 'perfect' browser! For a long time, I found that Edge was great but it began to cause odd issues on some sites. So I went with Google Chrome. Again, very nice but had issues. Then Firefox. Ditto. Then Brave. ditto.

The problem always seems to be browsers being over protective and blocking some site elements or function. I understand for example that Flash sites are defunct and i always hated flash anyway. But maybe it is Javascript or something? (This is supposed to be a security risk?)

But really, is there a browser that isn't nannying me all the time, that works with all the common website scripts, code and so on? How about the more obscure ones? Any recommendations please?

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a specific example. This link is in an email and leads to a photography site (safe). click on the big Facebook button on that site in most browsers and a modeless window pops up but hangs instead of asking me to log into facebook.

Login - ViewBug.com

:)

bwallx, Jan 6, 2021

2. advice on browser change

FWIW, Fx also has a sync feature.

Sync can be both a blessing and a curse, especially for Chrome/Google.
    We see lots of infected computers in the malware removal fora in which "sync" results in stubbornly persistent malware that continues to respawn on the user's computers.
    I don't need it and -- largely for that reason, I don't use it. But some folks can't live without it...

As you mention an "old" Firefox profile, I suspect that is the root cause of your performance degradation.
    I suggest walking through the steps in the tutorial I mentioned in my earlier reply.
    As a first step, Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode) is a reversible debugging step that helps to isolate the problem to add-ons. It provides guidance in the direction to take to resolve the performance issue.

For the record, one can certainly install several different browsers on the same computer. A user is not limited to only one browser.
    The only downside to that approach is that -- for security and stability -- one needs to be sure to keep each browser (and its add-ons) fully patched and updated.

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jan 6, 2021
  3. wilspeak Win User
    Request Advice for finding a installed application on my Win 10 PC.

wilspeak, Jan 6, 2021
  4. Browsers for Win 10 advice

Unable to set default browser

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

Any browser.

Already did the steps you suggested. It's some kind of bug where it's impossible to set a default browser at all.

I heard elsewhere from one other user
    that it seems to be a problem with upgrading to 10 on the SP3. Sounds very specifc.

guustavooo, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

Browsers for Win 10 advice

1. Browsers for Win 10 advice - Similar Threads - Browsers advice

2. Question: Is there a way to change that browser to something else? Also the search engine?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question: Is there a way to change that browser to something else? Also the search engine?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/michaelzu7 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l6oxzt/question_is_there_a_way_to_change_that_browser_to/
  3. all browsers hang when opening imbedded youtube vidieos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    all browsers hang when opening imbedded youtube vidieos: I have had an issue with opening imbedded youtube videos from browsers I had the problem only just recently so I think it is from an update on windows I tried downloading chrome but the same thing happens. I have a laptop and it is fine no hanging at all? I have seen other...
  4. Respondus lockdown browser

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Respondus lockdown browser: Hi , i tried to install a respondus lockdown browser but every time i tried to install it showing “ installshield launched but seems to have closed without finishing”. I have windows 10 version. Can anyone help me with this problem...
  5. Only the letter c and m will work in browser or keyboard after latest update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Only the letter c and m will work in browser or keyboard after latest update: I’ve found that since the latest/greatest updates, I can no longer use my keyboard to log in nor type in anything that requires the use of the lower keys {z x v b n m; c is the only letter that is working}. I have checked to see if I needed to update the keyboard Drivers, but...
  6. Browser wont open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Browser wont open: Hi, all my browsers refuse to open except the original microsoft edge which is the one my pc recommends. I will open the application it will do a quick load then immediately close itself....
  7. Create a shortcut to open Microsoft Edge browser in InPrivate mode

in Windows 10 News
    Create a shortcut to open Microsoft Edge browser in InPrivate mode: [ATTACH]This simple guide is designed to help you create a shortcut to open the […] This article Create a shortcut to open Microsoft Edge browser in InPrivate mode first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Chromium browsers and copy/paste feature

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Chromium browsers and copy/paste feature: Hi, non of the chromium browsers work on my pc, I installed windows multiple times, wiped all the discs however still no luck by doing so I faced another problem where if I try to copy/paste, drag/drop a file explorer crashes. I tried following instructions from online forums...
  9. Need help/advice looking for a Browser replacement for FF.

in Browsers and Email
    Need help/advice looking for a Browser replacement for FF.: Hi, Need help/advice looking for a Browser replacement for FF. Some of my wishes are: Ability to import & export log-ins & passwords in the std CSV format. Use my own home pg as the page I see when I call up the browser. Set the browser to send downloads to my warehouse...
  10. advice on browser change

in Browsers and Email
    advice on browser change: I've been happily using Firefox for years, but it seems to be getting slower with each new version. My needs are simple. I just want a fast, uncomplicated browser and would appreciate a suggestion to use with Win 10. There are all kinds of reviews online but again, these...