Windows 10: Browsers hanging/freezing : edge , chrome .firefox

Discus and support Browsers hanging/freezing : edge , chrome .firefox in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; On my pc browsers keep on freezing again and again , I have cleared all the cache and removed all the data from browsers by resetting them . when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by raghavmundra1, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Browsers hanging/freezing : edge , chrome .firefox

On my pc browsers keep on freezing again and again , I have cleared all the cache and removed all the data from browsers by resetting them . when browsers freeze other applications on pc work fine

:)

raghavmundra1, Sep 14, 2021

2. Microsoft Edge works, but ALL (!!) other browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Opera) work for maybe 20 seconds and then hang.

Original Title - Hanging browsers

I have a brand-spanking new laptop, running Windows 10.

Microsoft Edge works, but ALL (!!) other browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Opera) work for maybe 20 seconds and then hang. I have tried everything, including a step that apparently worked for some: typing "netsh winsock reset" in the command line running it as
    admin.

My friend tells me it is unneccessary to write out my current state of mind.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

HeinfromAmsterdam, Sep 14, 2021
  3. Chrome keeps freezing on Windows 10

Hi Pat,

There may be a few reasons why your Google Chrome keeps on freezing. One reason is the browser that you're using. For us to further isolate your concern, we need you to answer the following:

• Is this happening on other browsers as well (e.g. Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox)?
    • Does the issue persist only on a specific website or it occurs on all websites?

Let us know if you're still getting the same error after performing our suggested troubleshooting step so we can assist further.

Aldwin Ale, Sep 14, 2021
  4. cheesy999 Win User

Browsers hanging/freezing : edge , chrome .firefox

Google Chrome Overtakes Mozilla Firefox in Browser Market-share: StatCounter

That's why i started using chrome a while ago, i know there is always an extension to do something in Firefox, but at the end of the day i prefer it if the browser just happens to include these features.

There are other things that pushed me to chrome as well
    • Firefox 4-6 were full of bugs
    • The add-ons have to be updated manually in firefox
    • Google chrome will synchronise every single setting in the browser including the add-ons i have across all of my computers without a single add-on needed (to do the synchronisation of course, i still use them for other things)
    • Chrome works faster for me
    • Chrome has that brilliant start page
    • I could go on all day, there aren't any massive things Firefox is missing, it's all the small things it's missing that add up and make Google chrome better.

cheesy999, Sep 14, 2021
Thema:

Browsers hanging/freezing : edge , chrome .firefox

1. Browsers hanging/freezing : edge , chrome .firefox - Similar Threads - Browsers hanging freezing

2. wierd font in all browsers!! Edge, Firefox, Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wierd font in all browsers!! Edge, Firefox, Chrome: Hi there.I'm Frontend Developer. Some websites such as nextjs.org had wierd font. In some my emails this font applied. I have no idea what it is! I tryed many ways to fix this. install windows again some doing registry setting and no diffrent. when I use vite technology for...
  3. wierd font in all browsers!! Edge, Firefox, Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wierd font in all browsers!! Edge, Firefox, Chrome: Hi there.I'm Frontend Developer. Some websites such as nextjs.org had wierd font. In some my emails this font applied. I have no idea what it is! I tryed many ways to fix this. install windows again some doing registry setting and no diffrent. when I use vite technology for...
  4. wierd font in all browsers!! Edge, Firefox, Chrome

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Chrome and Firefox browsers close, Edge unaffected

Chrome and Firefox browsers close, Edge unaffected: Directly following Microsoft Defender Antivirus cloud protection's gathering of additional security intelligence, both Firefox and Chrome browsers close.This happens multiple times a day, and is a recurring issue that has been going on for months.Edge is unaffected, and "just...
  6. Chrome and Firefox browsers close, Edge unaffected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome and Firefox browsers close, Edge unaffected: Directly following Microsoft Defender Antivirus cloud protection's gathering of additional security intelligence, both Firefox and Chrome browsers close.This happens multiple times a day, and is a recurring issue that has been going on for months.Edge is unaffected, and "just...
  7. Chrome and Firefox browsers close, Edge unaffected

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. FTP not working in Chrome, Firefox or Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    FTP not working in Chrome, Firefox or Edge browser: [ATTACH]If FTP is not working in your Chrome, Firefox or Edge browser on Windows PC, and you are looking for resolution, then you have come to the right place. We decided to write this post since we received emails asking us why FTP was not working in their browser. You...
  9. My Edge and Chrome browsers continue to freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Edge and Chrome browsers continue to freeze: My Edge and Chrome browsers continue to freeze. I have removed extensions and re-installed browsers and reinstalled my Windows 8.1 but it still freezes. What may be causing the problem and how can it be fixed?...
  10. My Edge and Chrome browsers continue to freeze

My Edge and Chrome browsers continue to freeze: My Edge and Chrome browsers continue to freeze. I have removed extensions and re-installed browsers and reinstalled my Windows 8.1 but it still freezes. What may be causing the problem and how can it be fixed?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does FDirefox browser hang on me