Windows 10: Browsers in Windows 10 1803 taking over Steam Games Links. how to prevent that?

Discus and support Browsers in Windows 10 1803 taking over Steam Games Links. how to prevent that? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; ok . so issue is in 1803 of windows 10. Fresh install of windows 10. fresh installed Steam. while i launch game in steam client (Don Bradman Cricket... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jarnail362, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Browsers in Windows 10 1803 taking over Steam Games Links. how to prevent that?

ok . so issue is in 1803 of windows 10.
    Fresh install of windows 10.

fresh installed Steam.
    while i launch game in steam client (Don Bradman Cricket 14). it starts normally. but when after going through a match setup and match is about to start.
    Window's default browser opens a link to that specific game's steam page.
    game window goes blank and then it crashes. how can i fix this?
    *Windows is updated to latest
    Drivers are latest
    software is latest.
    no issue in game files.

:)

Jarnail362, Jul 12, 2018

2. steam problem

Hi,

There are a lot of possible reasons why your steam game is not opening. One of which is having a corrupted game file. To resolve this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. This can help remove problems with an app from Windows Store. To do this, you may refer to the link below:

Click here

Step 2: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

• Click Start and click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Apps and features.
    • Find the game and click Advanced options.
    • Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Step 3: Try to uninstall and reinstall the game.

If the issue persist, we highly recommend that you contact Steam support for additional troubleshooting steps.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post anytime.

Wilfred Mac, Jul 12, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Steam game crashes

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Does the issue occur only with Steam games or all games?
    • Are you able to view videos?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card driver by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 12, 2018
  4. Browsers in Windows 10 1803 taking over Steam Games Links. how to prevent that?

Windows 10 broke my steam

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Method 1: Try updating the Video card drivers and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to update the Video card driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Video card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.

Method 2: Try installing the game in Compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Right click the Game setup file and select Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap or click the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click OK.
    • Try installing the Game and check.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to follow the suggestion provided by crazzilla replied on August 3, 2015 from the below link and check if it helps.

Windows 10 & Steam Gaming - most games broke

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

Browsers in Windows 10 1803 taking over Steam Games Links. how to prevent that?

1. Browsers in Windows 10 1803 taking over Steam Games Links. how to prevent that? - Similar Threads - Browsers 1803 taking

2. Related to steam link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Related to steam link: Why does my O.S keeps telling me You'll need a new app to open this steam link when i want to run pro evolution soccer 2019 in my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/related-to-steam-link/954f3788-28ef-4397-bda1-8ee78e4cf40b
  3. Related to steam link

in Windows 10 Customization
    Related to steam link: Why does my O.S keeps telling me You'll need a new app to open this steam link when i want to run pro evolution soccer 2019 in my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/related-to-steam-link/954f3788-28ef-4397-bda1-8ee78e4cf40b
  4. Uninstalled Steam games linked to desktop but still there?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalled Steam games linked to desktop but still there?: I have uninstalled a few Steam games but I have the problem that the shortcuts are still there on the desktop but I can't delete them, how do I get rid of them? Deinstallierte Steam Spiele verknüpfung auf Desktop aber noch da?
  5. Edge Takes Over Default Programs for PDF and Browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge Takes Over Default Programs for PDF and Browser: Working in Windows 10, every few days Edge takes over as the default application for PDF (which we have set to Adobe). At the same time, it becomes the default browser (changing from Chrome). We have repeatedly gone to Settings > Apps > Default Apps > Choose default apps...
  6. Windows 10 1803 default browser

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 1803 default browser: Hi, I would like to use Firefox but I cannot find a way to set it as default browser, in particular when I open a search result from "start menu" Edge is fired up instead of Firefox; i searched but i'm not able to find a solution. Is it possible to set Firefox as default...
  7. Windows 10 1803 default browser

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 1803 default browser: Hi, I would like to use Firefox but I cannot find a way to set it as default browser, in particular when I open a search result from "start menu" Edge is fired up instead of Firefox; i searched but i'm not able to find a solution. Is it possible to set Firefox as default...
  8. How to prevent 1803 Update forever?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to prevent 1803 Update forever?: I'm still using an old Inspiron 11z (1110) from circa 2010. Driver support is long gone, and the recent update stops the machine from booting. It refuses to recover, wouldn't roll back to 1709. My only path was to restore a clonezilla image from a year ago which is 1703. It...
  9. How to prevent 1803 forever?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to prevent 1803 forever?: I'm still using an old Inspiron 11z (1110) from circa 2010. Driver support is long gone, and the recent update stops the machine from booting. It refuses to recover, wouldn't roll back to 1709. My only path was to restore a clonezilla image from a year ago which is 1703. It...
  10. Link via Discord/Steam takes forever to open.

in Browsers and Email
    Link via Discord/Steam takes forever to open.: Hey Tenforum community, I am having trouble opening links that get send to me via discord/steam. Normally it instantly open in Chrome. But now it takes ~30 sec to open a link in chrome when I click on it. If I copy the link manually and paste it in url bar it open...