Windows 10: Browsers keep crashing as soon as I open them

Discus and support Browsers keep crashing as soon as I open them in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was working on google drive and suddenly my browser Brave crashed. I tried to open it back up but then it would close immediately. I tried the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DefaultDuddus, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Browsers keep crashing as soon as I open them

I was working on google drive and suddenly my browser Brave crashed. I tried to open it back up but then it would close immediately. I tried the same with chrome and had the same problem. Edge however works fine. I am updated to the latest version of Windows so how do I fix this.

submitted by /u/DefaultDuddus
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DefaultDuddus, Apr 18, 2020

2. Browser Tab Crashing

Hi,

Corrupted browser cache and extensions are some of the things that can cause your browser to crash. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Have you made any recent changes on your device prior to your concern?
    • Have you tried using a different browser other than the ones mentioned above? If yes, did you encounter the same error?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've performed to resolve your concern?

To rule out any performance issues, we suggest that you replicate your concern while you're in the clean boot environment and check if the issue persists. To do this, follow the steps provided on this

link

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Apr 18, 2020
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Apr 18, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Browsers keep crashing as soon as I open them

QuickBooks crash while opening data file

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you have mentioned that after Windows and QuickBooks update whenever you open a data file in QuickBooks, it crashes. We would like to know if any other programs are crashing apart from QuickBooks.

I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Repair QuickBooks

I suggest you to try repairing QuickBooks and then open data file in it. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type appwiz.cpl and click on
      OK
    3. Look for QuickBooks application from the list, right click on it and select
      Repair.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the repair process.

If repairing QuickBooks didn’t fix the issue, please refer Method 2.

Method 2: Open Sample data file

You can try opening a Sample data file in QuickBooks and check if QuickBooks crash. If QuickBooks didn’t crash while opening Sample data file, I suspect that the data file that you are trying to open is causing the crash. In this case, I suggest you
    to contact the
    QuickBooks support
    team.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

Browsers keep crashing as soon as I open them

1. Browsers keep crashing as soon as I open them - Similar Threads - Browsers keep crashing

2. My settings are closing as soon as I open them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My settings are closing as soon as I open them?: When I go to open my settings close on startup I have restated my computer multiple times. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-settings-are-closing-as-soon-as-i-open-them/d4053446-b503-467d-a92b-2e55e28147e4
  3. My settings are closing as soon as I open them?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My settings are closing as soon as I open them?: When I go to open my settings close on startup I have restated my computer multiple times. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-settings-are-closing-as-soon-as-i-open-them/d4053446-b503-467d-a92b-2e55e28147e4
  4. My settings are closing as soon as I open them?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Roblox is crashing as soon as i am opening it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roblox is crashing as soon as i am opening it: So like as soon as i am opening the game the app just closes without any error, i have tried both the player as well as the Microsoft store version, there is a difference the Roblox player needs to closed from the task manger before we close it from the task manger we can...
  6. Roblox is crashing as soon as i am opening it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Roblox is crashing as soon as i am opening it: So like as soon as i am opening the game the app just closes without any error, i have tried both the player as well as the Microsoft store version, there is a difference the Roblox player needs to closed from the task manger before we close it from the task manger we can...
  7. File explorrer keeps crashing as soon as I open it

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorrer keeps crashing as soon as I open it: Hello, my file explorer crashes after a few seconds of opening it. I open it and in just 3-5 seconds it closes and the task bar disappears for a 20-3 seconds and then it appears again. Any help would be appreciated 183126
  8. Some apps keep crashing when i open them

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some apps keep crashing when i open them: Quite a few programs crash within start up...I've tried updating my system, no success yet.Please help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-apps-keep-crashing-when-i-open-them/7e829da0-b00e-41db-9b0a-68f1aea04589
  9. Windows 10 windows keep on crashing as soon as i open them

Windows 10 windows keep on crashing as soon as i open them: it doesnt matter if its apps or just settings for some stuff or from microsoft store or from the internet, But it seems like almost everything i try opening is crashing including stuff that arent really apps troubleshooting, sounds settings, even windows defender i have tried...
  10. Many applications close/crash as soon as I open them

Many applications close/crash as soon as I open them: writing this on my phone. as the title says, lots of applications I try to open including: chrome, word, firefox, and the search bar all close as soon as I try to open them. Trying to open it too many times will cause my laptop to crash saying kernel security check error....