Windows 10: Browsers keep freezing on Windows 10

Discus and support Browsers keep freezing on Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For the last few days both Edge and Chrome keep freezing, it happens randomly - sometimes every few seconds and sometimes once or twice an hour. There... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by grainneryan, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Browsers keep freezing on Windows 10

For the last few days both Edge and Chrome keep freezing, it happens randomly - sometimes every few seconds and sometimes once or twice an hour. There is no error message they just stop responding and I have to shut down the process in Task Manager.

I have tried running virus scans, uninstalling and reinstalling both browsers, deleting temp files, uninstalling recent windows updates and using a System Restore point from a few days ago but nothing helps.

I have run scf/scannow but it finds nothing wrong.

There is no problem with my internet connection - other devices work fine.

This is making my computer unusable, is there anything else that could be causing this?

Thanks

:)

grainneryan, Jan 31, 2021
  2. Ruz San Win User

Update Freezing Web Browsers

Hi,

There may be some browser components that do not sit well with the new updates installed on your computer. Before we can resolve the error, please answer these questions for us to understand what happens:

• Do you get any error messages when the browsers freeze?
    • Are Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge affected?
    • Does the problem occur when you access a specific site?

We suggest you delete the browser history, or completely reset the browsers that are affected.

Let us know if the suggestions fix the problem.

Come back if you need more help.

Ruz San, Jan 31, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 31, 2021
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Browsers keep freezing on Windows 10

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Jan 31, 2021
Thema:

Browsers keep freezing on Windows 10

1. Browsers keep freezing on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Browsers keep freezing

2. Windows 10 keeps freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 keeps freezing: So I've been having a problem where sometimes my laptop freezes for a few secs and makes a buzzing noise.Last night I got a BIOS update which seemed to have transformed this problem into a new one, now it doesn't really make the noise rather it just freezes for a bit longer...
  3. Browsers freeze Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Browsers freeze Win 10: As the title suggests, recently my computer freezes randomly when using browsers, Edge or Chrome. There are 3 patterns: 1. Screen freezes, turns black for seconds; Ctrl+Alt+Delete still works, close the browser in Task Manager and problem is solved for the moment. 2. Screen...
  4. Browsers freeze Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Browsers freeze Win 10: As the title suggests, recently my computer freezes randomly when using browsers, Edge or Chrome. There are 3 patterns: 1. Screen freezes, turns black for seconds; Ctrl+Alt+Delete still works, close the browser in Task Manager and problem is solved for the moment. 2. Screen...
  5. Browsers freeze Win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Windows 10 freezing on Browsers

Windows 10 freezing on Browsers: So I was using a Browser called Opera GX and there were multiple issues within the browser, so I tried to use Microsoft edge right after and on that, some of the tabs were crashing same as Opera, so how do I fix this issue?...
  7. Windows 10 keeps freezing

Windows 10 keeps freezing: For about a month now I have having issues with Windows 10 freezing. At first I thought it was Chrome so I did a complete uninstall and install a fresh copy. Before I installed it I attempted to use Firefox and was having the same issue. This happens at least a dozen times a...
  8. Windows 10 keeps freezing

Windows 10 keeps freezing: I've updated everything, my video cars, hard drives, everything, my pc just keeps freezing on me. It all started when it froze, I turned it off and on and it went to scanning and repairing my pc, After that it just kept freezing, I cant open discord, or any game, it will...
  9. Windows 10 keeps freezing

Windows 10 keeps freezing: I've recently started experiencing Windows freezing on an annoyingly regular basis - probably every 30 minutes throughout the day. I'm running Windows 10 Pro, Version 1809, OS build 17763.3488, 64-bit on a HP Envy 17 laptop with 12Mb RAM. I've Run System File Checker sfc...
  10. Windows 10 keeps freezing

Windows 10 keeps freezing: I seriously fed up! Despite all efforts my lap top keeps freezing when working on any application (Ms Office principally) and needs to be hard booted to restart. This has included a couple of hours on a support line as well as trawling a e number of on line ideas....