Windows 10: Browsers Keep Refreshing/Icons Flicker

Discus and support Browsers Keep Refreshing/Icons Flicker in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, im having issues with my desktop. Im running windows 10. Whenever i use a browser, whether it be chrome, edge or firefox, the pages constantly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by StoneMims, May 25, 2020.

1. StoneMims Win User

Browsers Keep Refreshing/Icons Flicker

Hi,

im having issues with my desktop. Im running windows 10. Whenever i use a browser, whether it be chrome, edge or firefox, the pages constantly reload. It usually happens whenever i try to use the searchbar.

i also get flickering desktop icons. Ive reset the desktop numerous times and it still happens. Please help.

:)

StoneMims, May 25, 2020
  2. Eaglepi Win User

I'm experiencing flickering of my desktop icons as if it's refreshing

No, I didn't lose any of my taskbar icons, my dual monitors just look like as if I was right clicking and do a refresh, they flicker just like a refresh. I do not lose any icon.

Eaglepi, May 25, 2020
  3. SUI
    Sui Win User
    Screen starts to flicker after logging in for a while

Hello

This is an entirely new issue. My screen starts to flicker after logging in/turning on computer for a while, and/or if I launch an app that uses my Nvidia card (my laptop has Optimus), I'm not exactly sure which of these two causes it. For the first while after a restart, the screen appears fine. The flickering appears on desktop background + internet browser as well, so I'm pretty sure it's not a program compatibility issue. The flickering is not severe (the type that looks like horizontal bars sliding up) but it's an annoyance.

Tried:

• Disabling Windows error reporting + problem reporting service in msconfig
    • Restart computer
    • Resetting Nvidia global settings to default in Nvidia control panel
    • Checking for display drive updates in device manager (all up to date)
    • Checking monitor refresh rate (60Hz, can't be changed)

Laptop I'm using:

• i7-4700MQ 2.4GHz
    • 1900x1080
    • Intel HD 4600 + Nvidia GT750M

Thanks for suggestions.

4. W1zzard Win User

Techpowerup bookmark icon in firefox?

changed the favicon for the forum
    uploaded a new smaller (bytes) icon for the main site
    added html code to suggest the icon to browsers

but i still cant get it to show up in firefox favourites

W1zzard, May 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Browsers Keep Refreshing/Icons Flicker - Similar Threads - Browsers Keep Refreshing

2. MY LAPTOP ICONS DO NOT FLICKER WHILE REFRESHING ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MY LAPTOP ICONS DO NOT FLICKER WHILE REFRESHING ?: MY LAPTOP ICONS DO NOT FLICKER WHILE REFRESHING ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-icons-do-not-flicker-while-refreshing/8ae39e45-3c10-45bd-a1dd-06aea94e5bca
  3. MY LAPTOP ICONS DO NOT FLICKER WHILE REFRESHING ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MY LAPTOP ICONS DO NOT FLICKER WHILE REFRESHING ?: MY LAPTOP ICONS DO NOT FLICKER WHILE REFRESHING ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-icons-do-not-flicker-while-refreshing/8ae39e45-3c10-45bd-a1dd-06aea94e5bca
  4. TASKBAR FLICKERING FLASHING AND REFRESHING.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    TASKBAR FLICKERING FLASHING AND REFRESHING.: PLEASE ANYBODY HELP ME OUT. I AM FACING A PRBLM FROM YESTERDAY THAT MY TASKBAR IS REFRESHING AGAIN AND AGAIN AND IF I CLICK ON THE SHOW HIDDEN ICON ARROW THEN THEY ARE OVERLAPPING LIKE THESE IN THE PICTURE. I HAVE INSTALLLED THE UPDATE AFTER THAT IT WAS HAPPENING. I HAVE...
  5. device manager screen keeps refreshing /flickers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    device manager screen keeps refreshing /flickers: i have hp laptop windows 10 ops and dell inspirion 3580 laptop windows 10 both these laptop have same problem. device manager screen keeps flickering/refreshing. i received instructions how to resolve this problem but it did not work.can anyone out there help me. janet r...
  6. DEVICE MANAGER KEEPS REFRESHING OR FLICKERING

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DEVICE MANAGER KEEPS REFRESHING OR FLICKERING: HI I HAVE THIS PROBLEM WITH SEVERAL OF MY HP AND DELL LAPTOPS. BUT MOSLY MY HP WHIC I USE ALL THE TIME. NO ONE SEEMS KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS PROBLEM.MY PROBLEM IS THAT WHEN I GO INTO THE DEVICE MANGER SCREEN IT STARTS REFRESHING OR FLICKERING. I WATCH VIDEOS ON THE PROBLEM BUT...
  7. My PC and Browser Nonstop keeps Refreshing

My PC and Browser Nonstop keeps Refreshing: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 and out of nowhereMy PC & Chrome Started Refreshing. It's refreshing every second,Nonstop. Restarted my PC several times, Reset once, tried some run command solutions.Nothing works. And I'm not sure if it'll be okay or not after reinstalling...
  8. Net keeps dropping and icons flicker

Net keeps dropping and icons flicker: It started quite recently and i have no idea why but my net connection will randomly drop and come back on again. Its possible that this is a problem with the wifi at my accommodation but it has never been like this before until now. When this happens , the icons on my...
  9. I'm experiencing flickering of my desktop icons as if it's refreshing

in Windows 10 Support
    I'm experiencing flickering of my desktop icons as if it's refreshing: I'm not sure if this flickering that I'm experiencing in my Windows 10 desktop icons is caused by my graphics card or a conflict with the software installed. I've had the same graphics card for almost 10 years and it's never given me any problems. I was going to upgrade and...
  10. taskbar icons keep refreshing

in Windows 10 Support
    taskbar icons keep refreshing: every so often my taskbar icons refresh (or flash once). At first I thought it was dropbox causing this so I uninstalled it, but still does it once in a while. Any thoughts? 80554