Windows 10: Browsers not opening

Discus and support Browsers not opening in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ever since I installed the most recent windows update, I haven't been able to open any internet browser except for Microsoft edge. I have tried this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PierceGrant, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Browsers not opening

Ever since I installed the most recent windows update, I haven't been able to open any internet browser except for Microsoft edge. I have tried this with both google chrome and opera and they will open for about a split second and then immediately close itself. I have tried restarting my pc twice and I have tried running them in administrator mode but nothing seems to be working.

:)

PierceGrant, Apr 15, 2020

2. edge browser won't open

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please provide more information before we proceed

• Do you facing this issue only with few sites or with all websites?
    • Are you getting any error message when try to open?
    • Are you able to use other browsers on your system?
    • Is the Microsoft Edge Windows opens?

Step 1:

If Microsoft Edge browser opens, I would suggest you try clearing cache and cookies.

Follow the steps below:

• Click on the More actions (…) icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.

• Select Settings and click on
      Choose what to clear

• Check the boxes Browsing history,
      Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and
      files and click on Clear.
    Step 2: If the browser didn’t opens try running
    System File Checker.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To perform SFC Scan, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Please do get back to us with the answers to assist you better with issue you are facing.

ThofikhAhamad, Apr 15, 2020
  3. BF4 Browser Utility

New! BF4 Browser Utility v1.1

Change Log v1.1
    • New Features
      • New Switch to BF3/BF4 button.
      • New hyper-link to the Home thread in the About window.
    • Improvements.
      • Code optimization
    • Fixed Issues in previous release
      • Fixed - If Bf4 was open before the browser and the "Auto Refresh" was enabled the Battlelog page would not load properly.
    Download Here!

Mindweaver, Apr 15, 2020
  4. Browsers not opening

BF4 Browser Utility

Browsers not opening LogoBrowser.png

New! BF4 Browser Utility v1.2

This Browser will reduce the amount of memory a regular browser uses to View the Battlelog. This browser works for BF3 and BF4. Enjoy! *Toast :toast:

Change Log v1.2
    • New Features
      • New Icon.
      • New Type "about:config" in the address bar and click "Go" or press Enter on your keyboard to display the list of preferences for the GeckoFX browser.
    • Improvements.
      • Code optimization
      • Fixed - On the update window when you click "Yes" to get the update would take you to the old "BF3 Browser Utility" page. Now it takes you to the correct page.
    Spoiler: Screen Shots
    Browsers not opening Main.jpg

Browsers not opening Refresh.jpg

Browsers not opening about.jpg

Spoiler: Previous Change Logs Change Log v1.1
    • New Features
      • New Switch to BF3/BF4 button.
      • New hyper-link to the Home thread in the About window.
    • Improvements.
      • Code optimization
      • Fixed - If Bf4 was open before the browser and the "Auto Refresh" was enabled the Battlelog page would not load properly.
    Spoiler: Bug alert No bugs in this release yet!
    Spoiler: BF4 Browser Utility Disclaimer Disclaimer
    • The "BF4 Browser Utility" is provided as is without any guarantees or warranty.
    • The author is under no obligation to provide support, service, corrections, or upgrades to the "BF4 Browser Utility".
    • The posted file is in no way associated with "techpowerup!". Please direct any issues or questions in this thread.
    • By executing or Downloading the "BF4 Browser Utility" you agree to these terms.
    Spoiler: Requirements Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5 - Download
    Download Here!

Mindweaver, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

Browsers not opening

1. Browsers not opening - Similar Threads - Browsers opening

2. Links from discord and facebook messenger open opera not edge. Edge is my default browser.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Links from discord and facebook messenger open opera not edge. Edge is my default browser.: How do i make all links shared in apps open Edge again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/links-from-discord-and-facebook-messenger-open/55c31bf6-e32a-4788-a767-0a741f403e66
  3. Links from discord and facebook messenger open opera not edge. Edge is my default browser.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Links from discord and facebook messenger open opera not edge. Edge is my default browser.: How do i make all links shared in apps open Edge again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/links-from-discord-and-facebook-messenger-open/55c31bf6-e32a-4788-a767-0a741f403e66
  4. Computer Not Opening any browsers / Infinite blue circle loading icon next to cursor and I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Not Opening any browsers / Infinite blue circle loading icon next to cursor and I...: So I was on google chrome and watching Youtube then suddenly google chrome closed randomly I tried to open google chrome back up but it instantly kept closing/crashing I restarted my pc thinking it would work again but it wouldn't so after many hours and restarts I decided...
  5. Computer Not Opening any browsers / Infinite blue circle loading icon next to cursor and I...

Computer Not Opening any browsers / Infinite blue circle loading icon next to cursor and I...: So I was on google chrome and watching Youtube then suddenly google chrome closed randomly I tried to open google chrome back up but it instantly kept closing/crashing I restarted my pc thinking it would work again but it wouldn't so after many hours and restarts I decided...
  6. Why do some links STILL open with Edge after setting my default browser to NOT edge, even...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do some links STILL open with Edge after setting my default browser to NOT edge, even...: Why do some links STILL open with Edge after setting my default browser to NOT edge, even after the EU ruling in 2010; and dont say its to do with non URLs...
  7. Why do some links STILL open with Edge after setting my default browser to NOT edge, even...

Why do some links STILL open with Edge after setting my default browser to NOT edge, even...: Why do some links STILL open with Edge after setting my default browser to NOT edge, even after the EU ruling in 2010; and dont say its to do with non URLs...
  8. Constant BSOD while opening Browser especially Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSOD while opening Browser especially Chrome: Hi,Need some help here where I have been constantly getting BSOD of either DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and something related to Kernel & System. Need someone to assist in investigating on whether it is related to my RAM that is required to change or it is because of a...
  9. Constant BSOD while opening Browser especially Chrome

Constant BSOD while opening Browser especially Chrome: Hi,Need some help here where I have been constantly getting BSOD of either DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and something related to Kernel & System. Need someone to assist in investigating on whether it is related to my RAM that is required to change or it is because of a...
  10. Is that possible to reset browser apps' "open with" so I can choose which browser to open...

Is that possible to reset browser apps' "open with" so I can choose which browser to open...: I found out the only way to do that is to edit a registry key. Will I have an easy way other than that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-that-possible-to-reset-browser-apps-open-with/df0371f4-d02b-4a47-a0a7-8f11f8d88b77

Users found this page by searching for:

1. web broswer not opening in windows 10