Windows 10: Browsers other than edge and internet explorer open for a split second and then close

Discus and support Browsers other than edge and internet explorer open for a split second and then close in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; All internet browsers that I install like chrome and opera when I try to open them close immediately. I have tried restarting my computer on a clear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SaltyMiso, Jun 22, 2021.

1. SaltyMiso Win User

Browsers other than edge and internet explorer open for a split second and then close

All internet browsers that I install like chrome and opera when I try to open them close immediately. I have tried restarting my computer on a clear booth running commands through cmd prompt and I cannot find a solution. There is no solution online either

:)

SaltyMiso, Jun 22, 2021
  2. ksmc41 Win User

Microsoft Edge will open for a second then close

I just installed Windows 10. I can open Internet Explorer but Microsoft Edge will open for a second then close. Anyone else having this problem?

Original Title : Microsoft Edge

ksmc41, Jun 22, 2021
  3. I can't make internet Internet Explorer as a default browser in Windows 10 (only option is Microsoft Edge)

Hi Martin,

Microsoft Edge was established as the default web browser in
    Windows 10
    when you upgrade. Based on the information that you've provided, you've already changed the default browser from Edge to
    Internet Explorer, but it's no longer working appropriately right now. To isolate your concern, we'd like to know if you were getting any error messages when trying to set Internet Explorer again as the default browser. Also, were there any
    changes recently prior to experiencing the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest that you make Internet Explorer your default browser by following the steps below:

• Open Internet Explorer, select the Tools button, and then choose
      Internet options.
    • Select the Programs tab, and then choose Make default.
    • Select OK, and then close Internet Explorer.

Feel free to post back for an update and let us know if you need more help.

Eileen Gal, Jun 22, 2021
  4. Browsers other than edge and internet explorer open for a split second and then close

Unable to access YouTube websites on Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge on Windows 10

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the YouTube on Windows browsers, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message/ error code while trying to access the web pages?
    • Does this issue specific only with YouTube?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

Try the below workarounds to identify what is causing the issue:

• Try to access YouTube in different browser and check if it is working fine. This will let us know if the issue is with the website/ the Microsoft browsers.
    • Also, try to access different website on Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.

Try the below troubleshooting steps to access the website and check if it helps.

Method 1: For Internet Explorer

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type
      troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click on Internet Explorer Performance
      and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: If the issue is only on Internet Explorer and to specific website, I suggest you to view the website in compatibility view to check if the issue is confined to compatibility.

Steps to view the website in compatibility view:

• Open Internet Explorer
      and open the website.
    • Click on Gear/ Settings icon at the right-top corner of the window.
    • Click on Compatibility View Settings, click on Add
      to add the website and click on Close.
    • Reopen the website and check if the issue persists.

Step 3: If the issue still persists, I suggest you to access the website in
    InPrivate mode and check.

InPrivate Browsing enables you to surf the web without leaving a trail in Internet Explorer. This helps prevent anyone else who might be using your computer from seeing what sites you visited and what you looked at on the web. You can start InPrivate
    Browsing from the New Tab page or the Safety button.

Steps to open the browser in InPrivate mode:

Open Internet Explorer, press Shift+Ctrl+P
    to open the browser in InPrivate mode and try to access the website.

Method 2: For Microsoft Edge:

I suggest you to check if the Adobe Flash player is enabled on Microsoft Edge.

• Open Microsoft Edge, click on More actions
      (...) in the right-top corner of Microsoft Edge window.
    • Click on Settings, scroll down and click on
      Advanced settings
    • Enable Use Adobe Flash Player
    • Check if the issue persists with accessing the YouTube websites.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status to access YouTube website on Microsoft browsers for further

assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

Browsers other than edge and internet explorer open for a split second and then close

1. Browsers other than edge and internet explorer open for a split second and then close - Similar Threads - Browsers edge internet

2. Web Browsers other than Edge not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web Browsers other than Edge not working: Hello,I just got my school laptop back yesterday after my school's IT department had it reset. I am having an issue where I tried to install Google and it worked for a bit but then would close randomly. I have tried other browsers including Brave, Firefox and Opera GX. The...
  3. Browsers not opening other than Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Browsers not opening other than Microsoft Edge: Ran into this problem yesterday. Have been using Google Chrome for a while, and up until yesterday has it been working fine. Tried opening it yesterday, and it refuses to open without warning. Microsoft Edge does open, and I was able to use it to try to reinstall chrome to...
  4. Browsers not opening other than Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Browsers not opening other than Microsoft Edge: Ran into this problem yesterday. Have been using Google Chrome for a while, and up until yesterday has it been working fine. Tried opening it yesterday, and it refuses to open without warning. Microsoft Edge does open, and I was able to use it to try to reinstall chrome to...
  5. Browsers not opening other than Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Any other browser than Microsoft edge won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any other browser than Microsoft edge won't open: On my computer whenever I open a browser the browser closes itself other than Microsoft edge it will just close then reopen a few times before it starts working properly is there any way to fix this so I can access another browser other than Microsoft edge because whenever I...
  7. Any other browser than Microsoft edge won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any other browser than Microsoft edge won't open: On my computer whenever I open a browser the browser closes itself other than Microsoft edge it will just close then reopen a few times before it starts working properly is there any way to fix this so I can access another browser other than Microsoft edge because whenever I...
  8. Chrome opens for a split second, then closes itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chrome opens for a split second, then closes itself: When I try to open chrome, it tries to open for a split second and then crashes. Please help, I need to use Chrome submitted by /u/The321gofast [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jl9co7/chrome_opens_for_a_split_second_then_closes_itself/
  9. unable to open any other browser than microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    unable to open any other browser than microsoft edge: I am unable to open any other browsers than microsoft edge , i have a feeling like something is blocking them from opening . They open for half a second and immediately close and i tried every browser like firefox, chrome, opera and opera GX...
  10. Opening specific website with a specific browser (other than Edge).

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opening specific website with a specific browser (other than Edge).: I am trying to open a website (h2owirelessnow.com) with the TOR browser. Is there a way to select a link and have it open the website with a browser other than the default?...