Windows 10: browsers showing some websites fonts as symbols instead of text

Discus and support browsers showing some websites fonts as symbols instead of text in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Greeting to all,Recently I've encountered an common issue with some websites in almost all windows browsers I tested on firefox, chrome, opera, edge... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Zakaria Bousaoud, May 28, 2023.

1. browsers showing some websites fonts as symbols instead of text

Greeting to all,Recently I've encountered an common issue with some websites in almost all windows browsers I tested on firefox, chrome, opera, edge and brave, actually I can't identify the content of several webpages showing as symbols instead of proper text. I think this is related to windows because when I run those websites on Linux I found all clear and there is no issue a kali distro installed on VMware on the same machine.I have a thinkpad P50 workstation running a windows 10 pro OS with version 22H2 update.I tried some solutions I've seen on the web related especially to firefox bu

:)

Zakaria Bousaoud, May 28, 2023
  2. Jing Xu_ Win User

Arial font rendering issue on the browsers of Windows 10.

Hi Team,

Our website is using Arial font as a primary font to render content and recently(for around 1 month), we got a lot of user's reports that mentioned the font rendering wired. we found a lot of similar issues on Excel online

• Excel Online text showing as symbols instead of Arial Font: Redirecting
    • Excel online displaying fonts Arial and Times New Roman as Wingdings: Redirecting
    • Strange formatting on Excel browser interface: Redirecting
    • Arial converts to Wingdings in shared Excel workbook. Redirecting
    The situation is very similar that some users could solve this issue by restarting the system. but some could not. and I believe that this is not an issue only for Excel. I am wondering why this happens and how to fix it.

Looking forward to your reply

- Jing

Jing Xu_, May 28, 2023
  3. Bolded Font on Internet Browsers

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a Windows 10 update that changed your font settings automatically. If you recently updated your operating system, we suggest that you follow these steps to see if the font will go back to normal:

• Type font in the search bar.
    • Select Change Font settings.
    • Click Restore default font settings.

Let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Dennis Mop, May 28, 2023
  4. CheeWengY Win User

browsers showing some websites fonts as symbols instead of text

Installed fonts don't show on Word and PowerPoint

I downloaded some fonts from DaFont and 101fonts. After unzipping them, I installed them. It shows up on the font list in Word and PowerPoint. It also shows up in the Windows/Fonts folder. But when I apply it to the text (in Word and PowerPoint), it doesn't
    show the font. Instead, it goes to some different typeface. Appreciate help.

CheeWengY, May 28, 2023
Thema:

browsers showing some websites fonts as symbols instead of text

1. browsers showing some websites fonts as symbols instead of text - Similar Threads - browsers showing websites

2. Fonts on all browsers chrome/firefox/edge are coming in as "symbols" on some websites.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fonts on all browsers chrome/firefox/edge are coming in as "symbols" on some websites.: See this screenshot I took. This has been happening on some websites, but not every one. I've been trying to mess with different font settings but no luck so far. Does anyone know what could be causing this? I'm on Windows 10 and everything is up to date....
  3. Fonts on all browsers chrome/firefox/edge are coming in as "symbols" on some websites.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fonts on all browsers chrome/firefox/edge are coming in as "symbols" on some websites.: See this screenshot I took. This has been happening on some websites, but not every one. I've been trying to mess with different font settings but no luck so far. Does anyone know what could be causing this? I'm on Windows 10 and everything is up to date....
  4. Fonts on all browsers chrome/firefox/edge are coming in as "symbols" on some websites.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. browsers showing some websites fonts as symbols instead of text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    browsers showing some websites fonts as symbols instead of text: Greeting to all,Recently I've encountered an common issue with some websites in almost all windows browsers I tested on firefox, chrome, opera, edge and brave, actually I can't identify the content of several webpages showing as symbols instead of proper text. I think this is...
  6. browsers showing some websites fonts as symbols instead of text

browsers showing some websites fonts as symbols instead of text: Greeting to all,Recently I've encountered an common issue with some websites in almost all windows browsers I tested on firefox, chrome, opera, edge and brave, actually I can't identify the content of several webpages showing as symbols instead of proper text. I think this is...
  7. Some website fonts are showing weird results on renown browsers including Microsoft edge,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some website fonts are showing weird results on renown browsers including Microsoft edge,...: Hi,I am reaching out to address issues I am experiencing with the preview of certain websites. the fonts on these websites appear strange and are unreadable on all browsers. I kindly request your assistance in resolving this error. I am attaching a screenshot for better...
  8. Some website fonts are showing weird results on renown browsers including Microsoft edge,...

Some website fonts are showing weird results on renown browsers including Microsoft edge,...: Hi,I am reaching out to address issues I am experiencing with the preview of certain websites. the fonts on these websites appear strange and are unreadable on all browsers. I kindly request your assistance in resolving this error. I am attaching a screenshot for better...
  9. Some of the Website and Interface Showing Thin Font Type

Some of the Website and Interface Showing Thin Font Type: Hi, I have encounter an issue on my lenovo T15 laptop, some of the interface in my web browsers chrome, edge and firefox are showing very thin font type and I and unable to change them. Just like the attached image. Can I know what do I have to do to change the font type?...
  10. Some of the Website and Interface Showing Thin Font Type

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some of the Website and Interface Showing Thin Font Type: Hi, I have encounter an issue on my lenovo T15 laptop, some of the interface in my web browsers chrome, edge and firefox are showing very thin font type and I and unable to change them. Just like the attached image. Can I know what do I have to do to change the font type?...