Windows 10: Browsers slowing down after most recent Windows update

Discus and support Browsers slowing down after most recent Windows update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I usually leave my laptop on overnight on stand by, but occasionally when I log on again the next day I find everything's been closed and it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HarryDoherty405, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Browsers slowing down after most recent Windows update

I usually leave my laptop on overnight on stand by, but occasionally when I log on again the next day I find everything's been closed and it's restarted. Usually I assume this is due to a Windows update since I see no other reason it would automatically restart.

At some point this week I logged in to find that it had done its usual routine of auto-updating. I started using Google Chrome as normal and I noticed a couple minutes after I started using it that it was slowing down to a halt. The loading icon on the tab would continuously spin with no apparent progress and sometimes switching between tabs caused them to stop displaying, showing only a blank grey screen. Even opening new tabs gave me a limited version of the page I expected to see and typing into the search bar was giving me no suggestions aside from sites I had already visited.

My internet connection was not the problem, though. Other apps that required internet access were functioning entirely as usual and other devices could connect without any issue. I figured maybe the issue was the vast number of tabs I had open, but upon removing all my tabs I saw little to no change in how the program was functioning. Every time I started chrome it would work perfectly for about a minute or two before grinding to a halt once more. Restarting my PC (multiple times) did not help the issue.

I switched to another browser so see if I could get other programs to work, but I was seeing similar results. Bother Edge and Internet Explorer 11 were immensely slow and I was also noticing that no download links in either of these programs were doing anything. After a while I was making no progress at all with them, just like with Chrome. I tried Mozilla Firefox and it's the same situation once more.

What could possibly be causing this slowness if the internet connection isn't the issue and it's a problem I'm seeing in multiple browsers? Could it have been caused by the Windows update, or is it possible that something else may have caused the problem?

:)

HarryDoherty405, Mar 23, 2019

2. BF4 Browser Utility

New! BF4 Browser Utility v1.2

Change Log v1.2
    • New Features
      • New Icon.
      • New Type "about:config" in the address bar and click "Go" or press Enter on your keyboard to display the list of preferences for the GeckoFX browser.
    • Improvements.
      • Code optimization
    • Fixed Issues in previous release
      • Fixed - On the update window when you click "Yes" to get the update would take you to the old "BF3 Browser Utility" page. Now it takes you to the correct page.
    Download Here!

Mindweaver, Mar 23, 2019
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Mar 23, 2019
  4. Browsers slowing down after most recent Windows update

Slow Browser

Hi Susan,

To address your concern, we would like to know the following:

• Have you already performed a speedtest for your internet connection?
    • Does your other devices experience the same slowness in browsing?
    • Have you turned off your addons on your browsers?

For the meantime, you can perform a reset on your Internet Explorer 11 / Microsoft Edge by following the steps on this

link

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards.

ErwinJames San, Mar 23, 2019
Thema:

Browsers slowing down after most recent Windows update

1. Browsers slowing down after most recent Windows update - Similar Threads - Browsers slowing down

2. BSOD after most recent updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD after most recent updates: So after installing the updates released today I keep getting a BSOD. It seems like the update its self is broken I have tried to install it twice both times windows boot looped after the install. I tried to use SFC and DISM from the boot menu but no luck. I managed to get...
  3. BSOD after most recent updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after most recent updates: So after installing the updates released today I keep getting a BSOD. It seems like the update its self is broken I have tried to install it twice both times windows boot looped after the install. I tried to use SFC and DISM from the boot menu but no luck. I managed to get...
  4. BSOD after most recent updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Feeling of PC slow down after recent Windows Update

Feeling of PC slow down after recent Windows Update: Hello,Im using Windows 10 on my Lenovo Legion Y520 Laptop. I feel, after the last Windows Update on 29th or 30th April, that it has gone "slower". After a restart, it works good, but after some time, switching between programs, games or so starts to be slow and delayed. Up...
  6. Problems after most recent update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems after most recent update: Firstly, I'm not the most computer savvy, but windows forced an update on me today and things seem very wrong with my computer now. Not even sure which subreddit I should be in for help so I'm trying a few. New update kept taking over, full-screen asking to either update now...
  7. slow internet after most recent update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    slow internet after most recent update: My last update, about a week ago, font changed, and internet connection is spotty. Wish I could go back. Do you have a patch? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-internet-after-most-recent-update/98a0c17e-7824-402e-870a-23be79de4dc4
  8. Most recent updates

Most recent updates: How do I know I'm operating on updated version of Microsoft windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/most-recent-updates/88d75eee-19a0-4633-962f-17af33c3dab4
  9. 14 February Windows 10 slow crash after the most recent update.

14 February Windows 10 slow crash after the most recent update.: I can't I work due to last updates from Microsoft, my computer is stopping and who pay the waste time of my work /:? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/14-february-windows-10-slow-crash-after-the-most/7eef0399-22f6-45a8-9f27-e7afff8e2a63
  10. windows deactivated after most recent update

windows deactivated after most recent update: Windows 10 pro came with my old laptop and i accidentally dropped it and cracked the screen. My friend had a laptop sitting at his house and it was stuck in the bios because the hdd was faulty, so i took it and put my hdd in it. It booted up without any issues and i decided...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. in microsoft slowing down other browsers/