Windows 10: Browsers will no longer open PDF in Nitro Pro

Discus and support Browsers will no longer open PDF in Nitro Pro in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Has anyone figured out how to get new updated Nitro Pro plugins that work with Chrome, IE or Firefox? It seems as though everyone no longer supports... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MPSAN, Nov 30, 2017.

1. MPSAN Win User

Browsers will no longer open PDF in Nitro Pro

Has anyone figured out how to get new updated Nitro Pro plugins that work with Chrome, IE or Firefox? It seems as though everyone no longer supports NPAPI and I wonder if/when anyone will fix this.
    I have looked everywhere and all the posts are years old and no longer apply.

:)

MPSAN, Nov 30, 2017

2. Printing Problem (with software)

I have been trying to print out a photograph and a word document all day.

As soon as I go to print it, Nitro Pro opens with it in PDF format. I noticed that the printer selected was not my printer, but instead Nitro PDF Creator. I tried to change it back to my own but there was no option for my printer, or the other printers
    my computer is connected to.

I have also tried printing from the Nitro Pro version of my document and it opens ANOTHER window of Nitro Pro PDF displaying the same information as the first one.

I think that the default setting must be to change it to a PDF file instead of print?

I have checked in settings to change this, but as yet, have not been successful.

FloraGalloway, Nov 30, 2017
  3. Can't print with Windows 10

With Windows 10 I can no longer print from any app. I have tried PDF, Adobe Pro, Nitro PDF, Edge, IE, Word, etc. Everything freezes and shows not responding.

echotangoaz, Nov 30, 2017
  4. Browsers will no longer open PDF in Nitro Pro

Hi MPSAN.

It is not so much a fix, support has been drop because NPAPI is older and is vulnerable to threats, like Flash they are on their way out.

Nitro Pro has to rewrite its extension and I would imagine there has to be a business case for same. When Firefox launched V57 it impacted Legacy extensions and for the developers that wanted their products to survive they needed to rewrite. Some have already made the switch.

Not saying that some developer might not create an emulator to allow the old stuff to run but I do doubt it.

Like all technology, you keep up or you become part of history.

If you search "How to enable Legacy Extensions in Firefox" you might find a solution but I think that is even due to end some time in 2018.

Have you contacted Nitro Pro for their plans?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Dec 1, 2017
  5. MPSAN Win User
    I have not contacted Nitro yet and wonder what they would say?

MPSAN, Dec 1, 2017
  6. You as the customer are the one in the lead position. What are your plans to modernize your product? Worse they can say, none.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Browsers will no longer open PDF in Nitro Pro

1. Browsers will no longer open PDF in Nitro Pro - Similar Threads - Browsers longer open

2. Open PDF files in Adobe Acrobat Reader instead of browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open PDF files in Adobe Acrobat Reader instead of browser: I have set Acrobat Reader as default application to open PDF files.When I double-click a PDF file in Windows explorer this works. It also works when I open PDF file in my OneDrive folder using Windows Explorer.However: when I go online to my OneDrive folder and click it, it...
  3. nitro pro defender scam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    nitro pro defender scam: got a scam email that says billing me $514.99 phone 888-333-9148. came from a gmail account. header info:Return-Path: <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> Received: from mx03.onyx.dfw.sync.lan LHLO mx.centurylink.net 10.41.8.43 by md41.onyx.dfw.sync.lan with LMTP;...
  4. nitro pro defender scam

nitro pro defender scam: got a scam email that says billing me $514.99 phone 888-333-9148. came from a gmail account. header info:Return-Path: <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> Received: from mx03.onyx.dfw.sync.lan LHLO mx.centurylink.net 10.41.8.43 by md41.onyx.dfw.sync.lan with LMTP;...
  5. PDF opening in browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PDF opening in browser: I downloaded some files from another person's google drive and when I open them it does so in chrome. I want them to open as a PDF not in a browser, can this be done?...
  6. Adding Nitro 5 PDF Reader / Printer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding Nitro 5 PDF Reader / Printer: I want to convert Microsoft Word documents into PDF form. I have always been able to use Nitro 5 to do that. All I had to do was opt to print my document and I had the Nitro 5 come up in my printer choices and upon selection it created a wonderful pdf. In Microsoft 10 it...
  7. Edge Browsers & PDF'S

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Browsers & PDF'S: Why is it, when I click to open a PDF from my brokerage account to view a trade confirmation, Edge cannot open the PDF, however, when I switch to IE or Chrome no problem opening the same? Thanks 19348
  8. EDGE browser fails to open any PDF document

in Browsers and Email
    EDGE browser fails to open any PDF document: Everytime I download a pdf document within the EDGE browser, it's going to open it automatically, and then it shows this error: "Something is missing To view a PDF, you need some media functionality that you don’t currently have. You can install the Media Feature Pack...
  9. Maxthon Nitro Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Maxthon Nitro Browser: Hi All, I was just curious just how many member's in here are trying out / using the latest maxthon nitro browser. I mistakenly installed the 'regular' version of maxthon cloud browser..to be quite frank, I hated it. Hopefully I might actually like the nitro version. At...
  10. PDF reader icon appears as picture tumbnail [Acrobat / Nitro PDF]

PDF reader icon appears as picture tumbnail [Acrobat / Nitro PDF]: The Application icon appears as a picture thumbnail rather than the app icon in the taskbar. This is the case with Acrobat and Nitro PDF after checking out. [img] Please help me resolve this issue, Thank you in advance. 42640

Users found this page by searching for:

1. open files in nitro pro instead of chrome

2. open pdf documents in nitro instead of web browser

3. ie pdf trying to open with nitro pro

4. open pdf files in nitro pro rather than browser,
  5. nitro pdf 10 pro turn off opening in browser