Windows 10: Browsers Won't Play Video

Discus and support Browsers Won't Play Video in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; A Dell Optiplex 760 with 4GB of RAM (Acer AX1430G-UW30P), AMD E-450 APU processor. Tower was recently upgraded to W10 from W7. It currently has Chrome... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by boweasel, Oct 27, 2020.

1. boweasel Win User

Browsers Won't Play Video

A Dell Optiplex 760 with 4GB of RAM (Acer AX1430G-UW30P), AMD E-450 APU processor. Tower was recently upgraded to W10 from W7. It currently has Chrome (default), Firefox and Edge.

Subscribed to MrFood.com to receive recipes. Most of the recipes have an accompanying 2 minute video which only plays in Firefox. The buffering is so bad that it won't really play in Chrome or Edge (or IE11). Whatever browser I attempt to use results in Task Manager displaying CPU usage upwards of 95%. I see the same CPU percentages on this laptop, but the video does play through on Chrome without buffering. This laptop was also upgraded from 7 to 10 and also only has 4GB of memory.

I've run Malwarebytes, AdwCleaner and CCleaner and used Autoruns to remove any Startup nonsense, but nothing really helps.

:)

boweasel, Oct 27, 2020

2. Video Lag

Hi John,

The latency in playing videos might have been caused by network interruption, or an incompatible graphics driver. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• Does the issue happens when playing videos online or you have experienced the latency when playing videos that are saved on your drive too?
    • Which browser are you using?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your system settings prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any network issues?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you use Microsoft Edge and
    Internet Explorer
    to check if the issue persists. If the issue happens in Internet Explorer, please use this article as your reference:

Videos won’t play in Internet Explorer

We look forward for your response.

Janeane Cru, Oct 27, 2020
  3. Nafine Win User
    Troubleshooting help: YouTube videos won't play on Windows 10 PC

I just got a new Windows 10 PC & I'm finding that it won't play YouTube videos. Specifically YouTube. In the video area the loading indicator circles indefinitely and I see this message...

Additional info & steps I've tried...

• Netflix plays flawlessly
    • Other Macs, PCs, iOS & Android devices on the same network play YouTube videos no problem
    • I restarted the machine
    • Restarted the cable modem
    • The machine can do other Internet stuff fine -- browse websites, email, etc.
    • I cleared the browser cache & browsing data
    • I tried a different browser (I tried Chrome & MS Edge)
    • I looked under "Windows Defender Security Center > App & browser control" but I don't see anything there about blocking videos.
    • Turned off ad blocker
    • Tried connecting via Ethernet and wi-fi
    • No peripherals connected to the machine

System info

Gigabyte Aero 15x
    Windows 10 Pro

Version 1803

Installed on 8/14/2018

OS build 17134.228

Any help, advice, or further troubleshooting steps would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Nafine, Oct 27, 2020
  4. ZacharyF Win User

Videos not playing

Hi,

I am also having an issue with my videos not playing on any browser for windows 10. So I followed the steps that you listed for the video option but there is
    no folder called Display Drivers. There are folders called display adapters and disk drivers however. Maybe I should uninstall one of those?

Thanks

Zach

ZacharyF, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Browsers Won't Play Video - Similar Threads - Browsers Won't Play

2. Videos are not playing using Firefox browser?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos are not playing using Firefox browser?: Videos are not playing using Firefox browser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-are-not-playing-using-firefox-browser/c4208dc8-843d-4424-ae1e-9d6a382a331a
  3. Videos are not playing using Firefox browser?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Videos are not playing using Firefox browser?: Videos are not playing using Firefox browser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-are-not-playing-using-firefox-browser/c4208dc8-843d-4424-ae1e-9d6a382a331a
  4. Videos are not playing using Firefox browser?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Crashes when playing videos in browser

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crashes when playing videos in browser: Hello!I experience blue screen of death crashes when playing videos in my browser. I have the most recent video drivers and windows version.Crash dumps and msinfohttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AttUF1JsBjqjfRvtrzh2Z4pcWnQ?e=aOpAlOThanks for your help!BrHarald...
  6. Videos on browser won't work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Videos on browser won't work: so i am using the Yendex browser eveything was fine yesterday before the latest update, after the update the videos or gifs on Reddit or Twitter won't play, this is a problem also with Tidal being not able to playback. any thoughts? Update: kb4578968 submitted by...
  7. Videos not playing on browsers

in Browsers and Email
    Videos not playing on browsers: SOLVED: I have Windows 10 N that do not include a needed package. Go to settings > apps > Optional features > add a feature > Media feature pack install it, restart, wait for an update, install the update and restart and you should be good to go. Hi there, first of all my...
  8. Videos not playing on browsers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Videos not playing on browsers: Hi there, first of all my Windows Version number is : 1909 (build 18363.535) Some time ago I updated from windows 7 to 10. Today I completely formatted the PC though. I had some issues with the update (from 7 to 10) that's why I decided to format it and cleanly install...
  9. Videos not playing in Chromium Browser.

in Browsers and Email
    Videos not playing in Chromium Browser.: I'm trying to use Chromium, as Google Chrome is getting more aggressive with data collection. The issue here is that I can not play any videos even after trying the following: Clearing all browsing data and relaunching. Allow Flash player. Uncheck "use hardware...
  10. Video's won't play

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video's won't play: After Windows 10 upgrade I can't play video's now. There seems to be some type of conflict with Google. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-wont-play/4c3b181a-3f60-4b54-ba09-506eeb796575