Windows 10: Browsers Works for Some Users

Discus and support Browsers Works for Some Users in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The browsers connect to internet according to the Windows Account. I have three non-administrative accounts on my Windows 10 Pro (version 1903, OS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Knowledge_Seeked, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Browsers Works for Some Users

The browsers connect to internet according to the Windows Account. I have three non-administrative accounts on my Windows 10 Pro (version 1903, OS build 18362.535) computer that I will refer to as Pu, Org, and Ma. Currently Firefox cannot connect to the internet in any of them. Opera can connect in both Org and Ma accounts but not the Pu account. I have used Firefox and Opera without any issues for the past few months. I have not had any connectivity issues with Edge or Chrome.

CHRONOLOGY

1. Late last week Firefox and Opera stopped connecting from either Pu or Org while Chrome and Edge could.
    2. Removing Firefox and Opera from the list of allowed programs in Zone Alarm, cold booting and adding them to Zone Alarm did not work.
    3. I upgrade Opera from 65.0.3467.62 to 65.0.3467.72
    4. I executed netsh winsock reset and netsh int ip reset. As a result Opera can connect to the internet from Ma.
    5. After uninstalling Adobe Flash Player Opera was able to connect from Ma.
    6. I updated the Zone Alarm security software, removed firefox.exe 51.0.1, crashreporter.exe 54.0.1, and pingsender.exe 54.0.1 from its Application Control list and added these three executables back to the list (The version numbers of all of the executables changed to 71.0 when they were added to the application list). I still get the "Unable to connect Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at ….".

:)

Knowledge_Seeked, Dec 18, 2019
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Dec 18, 2019
  3. Unable to set default browser

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

Any browser.

Already did the steps you suggested. It's some kind of bug where it's impossible to set a default browser at all.

I heard elsewhere from one other user
    that it seems to be a problem with upgrading to 10 on the SP3. Sounds very specifc.

guustavooo, Dec 18, 2019
  4. Browsers Works for Some Users

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Dec 18, 2019
Thema:

Browsers Works for Some Users

1. Browsers Works for Some Users - Similar Threads - Browsers Works Users

2. Microsoft caves in: allows use of default browser in Windows 11 for some users

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft caves in: allows use of default browser in Windows 11 for some users: When you run a search in Windows 11 or activate links in some other parts of the operating system, then you will have those links opened in the Microsoft Edge web browser. While that may make sense for new installs initially, as Edge may be the only browser installed on the...
  3. Why some browsers not working at windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why some browsers not working at windows 10?: Why some browsers not working at windows 10? I doing reset factory and installed again but not fixed .. when I open browser like Chrome or opera or brave just show white tab! ms edge and mozila only works good .https://imgur.com/Yr5guDi...
  4. Why some browsers not working at windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why some browsers not working at windows 10?: Why some browsers not working at windows 10? I doing reset factory and installed again but not fixed .. when I open browser like Chrome or opera or brave just show white tab! ms edge and mozila only works good .https://imgur.com/Yr5guDi...
  5. Why some browsers not working at windows 10?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why some browsers not working at windows 10?: Why some browsers not working at windows 10? I doing reset factory and installed again but not fixed .. when I open browser like Chrome or opera or brave just show white tab! ms edge and mozila only works good ....
  6. The latest update ,all browsers and some programs not working properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The latest update ,all browsers and some programs not working properly: The latest update with the weather feature made me go crazy, everything was working as it should until I updated Windows and then all browsers i use stopped working "Aw, Snap"+ ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR , chrome + edge + , Firefox work for 30 minutes and crash , then blue...
  7. Long path names (>260) works with some file browsers

in Windows 10 Support
    Long path names (>260) works with some file browsers: Hi folks Some file browsers now work with the long file names but "bog standard file explorer" plus applications based on the old explorer api will still fail. - You set long file names via reg key -- it's in the tutorials. Anyway for example FILEZILLA (an FTP client)...
  8. user browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    user browser: c://user*browser* https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-browser/f503b34c-0c98-4a52-90a5-129290c5a0c2"
  9. browser user names

in Browsers and Email
    browser user names: In Chrome, when signing into different websites...how do I get chrome to remember more than 1 user login name? 64855
  10. Some Windows 10 Enterprise users won't get Microsoft's Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    Some Windows 10 Enterprise users won't get Microsoft's Edge browser: There are still a lot of unanswered questions about Windows 10, with just over a month to go before the operating system starts rolling out to some customer segments. And many of these questions involve Microsoft's Windows-as-a-Service plans. Just this week, thanks to...