Windows 10: Browsing is Very Slow on Both Edge and Chrome

Discus and support Browsing is Very Slow on Both Edge and Chrome in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; So I got a new Asus E200HA. Read some very good reviews about it in amazon. While using the OS (Windows 10) everything works quite smoothly - Browsing... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by mulic3, Jul 15, 2017.

1. mulic3 Win User

Browsing is Very Slow on Both Edge and Chrome

So I got a new Asus E200HA. Read some very good reviews about it in amazon.
    While using the OS (Windows 10) everything works quite smoothly - Browsing around files, editing Office documents, even coding on VS Code. However, Web browsing, for the most part, is extremely slow. Facebook is almost unusable. Ebay, Amazon etc. scroll quite slowly. I've tried multiple ad blockers, but that didn't help. Any advice? I know my CPU is quite slow but everything other than web browsing works well. I also tried disabling some services, like windows search, but that didn't noticeably improve performance. I'm using a fresh OEM Windows 10 Home, with all bloatware removed. Maybe I should use a different windows build?

Thanks in advance,

Samuel

:)

mulic3, Jul 15, 2017

2. Slow internet connection on Chrome and Edge browser using Windows 10.

Original Title: Internet Is slow

Why is Internet slow on my surface pro 4 8gb ram . It runs slow on both chrome & microsoft edge . Edge is really very very slower as compared to chrome . PLease fix the issue & what are the main features microsoft will be fixing in the REDSTONE update &
    when will it be released?

Thanks

KashyapRaparthi, Jul 15, 2017
  3. Neither IE nor Edge work well with Netflix

Both IE and Edge are very slow to open Netflix and after opening, the application will crash when shifting to another page.

Chrome and Firefox both work fine with Netflix.

Can Edge or IE be fixed?

grisgris444, Jul 15, 2017
  4. torre Win User

https://www.tenforums.com/gtsearch.p...&sa.x=0&sa.y=0

- Above link is for similar problems.

- Do you have all the Win10 updates ? (Settings/Update&Security)

- Check internet speed.

- Check Device Manager to see if Network Adapter drivers are current

- Go to the Asus site to insure you have the latest drivers.

torre, Jul 15, 2017
  5. starflyr Win User
    Do you have any other computers in the same location to see if it's your Asus that is slow? I've switched to Opera for most of my browsing and it seems quicker than other browsers.

starflyr, Jul 15, 2017
  6. Steve C Win User
    Check your internet speed connection and inSSIDer to check your WiFi signal level - see Download inSSIDer - MajorGeeks

Check your WiFi driver is up to date and maybe consider changing the WiFi channel on your router if inSSIDer shows co-channel signals from neighbours.

Steve C, Jul 15, 2017
  7. mulic3 Win User
    Thanks for all the help.
    My OS is up to date with the latest updates and the latest drivers from asus website.
    My network is fine as I can download files in 4mbps at any given moment. Also, other laptops work fine.
    Some websites, like this one for example, work great. But others, like facebook, my university website and others, are painfully slow. Any ideas?

Thanks again,

Samuel

mulic3, Jul 15, 2017
  8. torre Win User

If you do not have another computer, take the Asus to another location to see if any difference.

- Have you tried both Wifi and Ethernet ?

- Is 4mpbs the standard in Israel ? Check with your ISP to see if they are having any issues ?

- Run scan with your AV and run AdW Cleaner.

AdwCleaner - Free Adware Cleaner & Removal Tool

torre, Jul 15, 2017
  9. mulic3 Win User
    Thanks. As I mentioned above, other laptops work great. My download speed is similar on all computers in the house, but browsing is slow on my new Asus E200HA. Maybe it's just due to its' low power cpu? Is there something that can be done to make it nippier? Thanks again.

mulic3, Jul 15, 2017
  10. torre Win User
    http://www.trustedreviews.com/asus-e200ha-review

Ah, now we know. Not familiar with Asus. Review above may be helpful.

Intel Atom processor, 2GB ram, basically a tablet. Hopefully, someone may have tips for better performance.
    A friend had the same issue, can't recall if it was an Asus. He basically conceded to the low performance.

torre, Jul 15, 2017
  11. mulic3 Win User
    Actually mine has 4GB of ram. But yes, the cpu is quite weak. It seems, as if, magically, browsing performance has improved a bit..

mulic3, Jul 16, 2017
  12. mulic3 Win User
    Just as I was about to report that it was an anti virus issue (I uninstalled nod32 8.0 and installed version 10 which made the browsing much more smooth), it is slow again. I uninstalled nod32 completely, didn't help. disabled defender, didn't help. How can it be? I'm using a fully updated genuine windows 10, and everything was smooth smooth for quite some time. I really start to dislike windows 10...

mulic3, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Browsing is Very Slow on Both Edge and Chrome - Similar Threads - Browsing Very Slow

2. Dropdown Menus Slow in both Chrome and Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Dropdown Menus Slow in both Chrome and Edge: In both Edge and Chrome browsers, when I click on a drop down menu, the list is unresponsive for several seconds before I can scroll down the list. After scrolling for a few seconds, the list will become unresponsive again. For example, a dropdown list of the 50 states or a...
  3. Chrome & Edge Both Inaccessible

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome & Edge Both Inaccessible: Using this old Toshiba Satellite L755 laptop that was upgraded to 10 years ago and was kept current. Tonight, while in Chrome I decided to restart the machine. The reboot gave me one of those Microsoft screens that indicated it had probably gone to a newer version of 10....
  4. New PC very slow browsing.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    New PC very slow browsing.: Hi, I have a new PC (1 week) with 4GB ram - AMD Dual Core A4 and as it is sluggish with browsing I have done some speedtests with different Browsers and also the Win 10 App. My ISP is Virgin Media Up to 200 Mbps App: [ATTACH] Chrome: [ATTACH] Firefox: [ATTACH] Edge:...
  5. Not able to browse on edge, internet explorer or chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not able to browse on edge, internet explorer or chrome: Hello guys, Since the 23rd March I have been unable to browse on edge, internet explorer or chrome. my now TV internet is still working correctly as my partners Apple Mac and both of our phones are still working. However, my laptop displays NO INTERNET connection with the...
  6. Windows 10 : Slow browsing with Chrome or FireFox but not Edge. Why??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 : Slow browsing with Chrome or FireFox but not Edge. Why??: I have a really weird problem. Since a few days, when browsing with Chrome it has been slow hell. The websites are taking way too long to initialize the loading. I can't even do the Google Speed Test. It says "The test can't be completed due to a problem with the network....
  7. Browsing Data Slow to Clear in Edge.

in Browsers and Email
    Browsing Data Slow to Clear in Edge.: I have updated to Win V. 1903. Since the update it takes ages for Browsing Data to clear in Edge. Prior to the update it used to clear almost as soon as I clicked the button. Any thoughts please? 133872
  8. Edge very slow on Facebook

in Browsers and Email
    Edge very slow on Facebook: Not necessarily a Windows 10 issue but would still like to know why in the past couple of weeks Facebook seems to be extremely sluggish and when I click on any of the comments option or anything else on Facebook it just hangs on. It does not happen on any other web...
  9. The counter clockwise in Chrome is very slow.

in Browsers and Email
    The counter clockwise in Chrome is very slow.: When I input something in the omnibox, clicked something, or on a new tab. This counterclockwise arc is acting very slow, but when I browse at a PC (Windows 7) it loads fast. Note: The PC (Windows 7) and my laptop (Windows 10) has same browser settings [img] In...
  10. Edge very slow

in Browsers and Email
    Edge very slow: Edge has gone very slow. I have a Acer ASpire laptop running the latest windows 10 update, Went to have a look at my wifi settings and ran the trouble shooter for it and a box came on screen after completion Windows could not automatically detect this network proxy with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ie and chrome both slow browsing