Windows 10: Browsing Pictures causes instant reboots

Discus and support Browsing Pictures causes instant reboots in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been having this trouble since Windows 8.1 and it's continuing on Windows 10. I'm an avid gamer so I take a lotta screenshots of funny moments... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RenegadeX557510, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Browsing Pictures causes instant reboots

I've been having this trouble since Windows 8.1 and it's continuing on Windows 10.

I'm an avid gamer so I take a lotta screenshots of funny moments and glitches to share around. But my computer has been auto-rebooting whenever I start browsing through said screenshots and, out of nowhere, my computer just REBOOTS itself.

No error messages.

No blue screen.

Just... Instant reboot.

It's been doing this since I was using Windows 8.1 and it's been concerning me for a while.

At first I had all my screenshots on a USB drive... and the crashes began. Moved them to my hard drive, believing there was a problem with the USB drives.

Not the case.

I've been noticing that it's been crashing ONLY when I have "Previews" active. Like medium tiles and large tiles.

I have no idea what's going on and I'm at my wit's end.

... However I DID notice one reboot that "Dualbios" appeared for a few seconds.

And no, I do not use the Photos App. Although it was rebooting when I Did use it for a time after the Upgrade.

I switched back to Windows Photo Viewer and it's still doing the reboots.

It even rebooted on me when I had a folder open with only 9 pictures in it, doing nothing. [I had left to use the facilities during that time and returned to the "GIGABYTE" reboot screen.

It was set to "Medium Tile" during this period.

Yet I never crash on anything else.

:)

RenegadeX557510, Mar 2, 2020
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Mar 2, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Mar 2, 2020
  4. Browsing Pictures causes instant reboots

Changing the background in Windows 10 from picture foders created on the hard drive?

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response

I would suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open Desktop Background by right clicking on the desktop clicking Personalization

• Click the picture or color that you want to use for your desktop background.

• If the picture you want to use isn't in the list of desktop background pictures, click an item in the Picture location list to see other categories, or click Browse to search for the picture on your computer.
      When you find the picture that you want, double-click it. It will become your desktop background.

Hope this helps.

Waseemulla S, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

Browsing Pictures causes instant reboots

1. Browsing Pictures causes instant reboots - Similar Threads - Browsing Pictures causes

2. PC Crash instant reboot - No dumpfiles created to investigate.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Crash instant reboot - No dumpfiles created to investigate.: Hello Everybody,Hope you're doing good.I have recently replaced most of my components on my pc CPU / GPU / RAM & Motherboard.But some problem came with it:As you can see on the title, my pc now crash reboot directly, no freeze, no sound distortion...--I am playing video...
  3. PC Crash instant reboot - No dumpfiles created to investigate.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Crash instant reboot - No dumpfiles created to investigate.: Hello Everybody,Hope you're doing good.I have recently replaced most of my components on my pc CPU / GPU / RAM & Motherboard.But some problem came with it:As you can see on the title, my pc now crash reboot directly, no freeze, no sound distortion...--I am playing video...
  4. Constant BSOD instantly followed by reboot while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSOD instantly followed by reboot while gaming: Hey all,A month or two back I began experiencing BSODs or forced reboots while gaming in MSFS 2020 or X plane 12.Since than, to troubleshoot I have done the following:-Reinstalled windows 10-Replaced my ram-Updated every hardware driver available for update -Factory Reset my...
  5. Constant BSOD instantly followed by reboot while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant BSOD instantly followed by reboot while gaming: Hey all,A month or two back I began experiencing BSODs or forced reboots while gaming in MSFS 2020 or X plane 12.Since than, to troubleshoot I have done the following:-Reinstalled windows 10-Replaced my ram-Updated every hardware driver available for update -Factory Reset my...
  6. Random BSODs when browsing caused by ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSODs when browsing caused by ntoskrnl.exe: Background I build my system last year and even in the first weeks of my PC I got BSODs. Most of the time I got BSODs when I'm browsing especially when watching videos, however I also got them while idling or gaming. Here's my system for a quick look: SSD Drive: Samsung 500...
  7. Installer instantly reboots PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installer instantly reboots PC: Tldr: UEFI USB stick installer instantly quits on boot, I can't install Windows 10 version 2004 on my gamer PC but managed to install it on my laptop. Today I decided to make a clean install of the 2004 version of Windows 10. I downloaded the official install wizard and...
  8. default setting for browsing pictures in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    default setting for browsing pictures in windows 10: how do I change this default setting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-setting-for-browsing-pictures-in-windows/1a6725da-4990-4cdf-80c8-6e4ea036c712
  9. PC sometimes blacked out instantly and reboot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC sometimes blacked out instantly and reboot: Hi. I have this issue since many months ago. But then I reinstalled the PC and haven't got that issue again...until at some point where it started to happen again. Sometimes when I am using the PC, the PC suddenly blacked out, and it will display boot logo indicating it is...
  10. Reboot causes reinstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reboot causes reinstall: When I reboot PC Windows 10 Pro does a reinstall I think. My desktop is wiped out, printer, browser, and other apps are replaced by Microsoft's defaults. Very, very annoying and time consuming. How do I prevent this from happening?...