Windows 10: Bruce Schneier data wipe question

Discus and support Bruce Schneier data wipe question in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everybody I want to wipe a hard drive with Bruce Schneier's method. I want to do it by creating a bootable disc that will not require the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sweetsweetcorn, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Bruce Schneier data wipe question

Hello everybody

I want to wipe a hard drive with Bruce Schneier's method. I want to do it by creating a bootable disc that will not require the operating system on the hard drive for it (the bootable disc) to work.

The standard Darik's Boot and Nuke does not offer Bruce Schneier's method. I have not been able to find a custom version of DBAN that offers Bruce Schneier's method.

"Active@ KillDisk" offers Bruce Schneier's method but only if I pay money. I am not wanting to pay money to do this.

Somebody please show me some free software that will do the job for me, thank you

:)

Sweetsweetcorn, Jun 13, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10  

Hello Bruce, and welcome to Ten Forums. Bruce Schneier data wipe question :)

If you use OPTION ONE or step 2 in OPTION TWO, it won't be listed twice, but it won't include the sort order fix.

If you use step 3 in OPTION TWO, it will be listed twice, but will include the sort order fix.

Brink, Jun 13, 2019
  3. Kursah Win User
    Google Chrome keeps resetting bookmarks position

Can you list what tasks/steps you've done thus far in your attempt to resolve it?

Have you logged off your profile (if using Sync) and done a complete wipe of the browser?

How about uninstall and then wipe any remaining data?

Do you have another device you can sort on that it works fine or you could test with?

Kursah, Jun 13, 2019
  4. Bruce Schneier data wipe question

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

Bruce Schneier data wipe question

1. Bruce Schneier data wipe question - Similar Threads - Bruce Schneier data

2. how to transfer files on data wipe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to transfer files on data wipe: i would like to data wipe my laptop because its very laggy so is there a way to put all my important files on a usb drive then transfer it to the new version but same computer also, will windows be activated...
  3. Data wipe issues

Data wipe issues: I am trying to factory data reset rhis pc i just got to get rid of the previous owners files, and its been stuck on 68% for the last 2 coming on 3 days now. What can i do at this point? Im not trying to save any files, just trying to delete everything...
  4. wipe data but keep OS

wipe data but keep OS: Hi- I had a Windows seizure on my 2013 Lenovo and my attempts at recovery resulted in a "new" PC with Windows 8 from 2013. I finally got Windows 10 loaded, and restored data from one of my two backups. Turns out the backup wasn't as up to date as the other one, so I'm...
  5. reinstall windows without wiping data

reinstall windows without wiping data: I'll start off with saying I'm an idiot for not backing up my files before my pc crashed and gave me the blue screen of death. Is there a way to reinstall windows and still keep my files on my hard drive? Can I use the installation media from a usb without wiping my computer?...
  6. Drive Encryption and Secure Data Wiping

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Drive Encryption and Secure Data Wiping: Okay, A new set of questions! I have a 240GB SSD with Win 10 Pro, Ver. 2004, Build 19041.329 - running as sweet as a nut. First questions. I plan to dual-boot Linux Mint Mate 19.3 alongside the Windows installation in a separate partition (offered as part of the Linux...
  7. wipe personal data

wipe personal data: I upgraded my HP desktop to windows 10 from windows 7. I now wish to give it to a charity but need to wipe my personal data. I have tried going through settings - recovery - reset but the computer was unable to make any changes. Initially it seemed to be working but then...
  8. Data wipe

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Data wipe: So I was wondering if I restart windows via wipe all data future how much disk space will windows take? submitted by /u/isusbog45 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gw2c59/data_wipe/
  9. Wipe data from stolen laptop?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wipe data from stolen laptop?: Can anyone please help me.. How to wipe data from stolen laptop?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wipe-data-from-stolen-laptop/c7a07385-a330-4557-86f4-0bfb32d6a4ec"
  10. Dell Inspiron Data wiped

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell Inspiron Data wiped: About 30 minutes ago I went to use my laptop, then was greeted with the message, "No bootable devices found" and shutdown after clicking ok. After looking around in my BIOS settings, I found that all of my data was wiped entirely around 4 hours ago, but I was still asleep...