Windows 10: "Brute Force" disconnecting USB External HDD

Discus and support "Brute Force" disconnecting USB External HDD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have 1 HDD connected to one USB 3.0 Port. When I connect a second HDD to another USB 3.0 Port, windows automatically Disconnects/Reconnects... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Adalwar, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Adalwar Win User

"Brute Force" disconnecting USB External HDD

Hi,

I have 1 HDD connected to one USB 3.0 Port. When I connect a second HDD to another USB 3.0 Port, windows automatically Disconnects/Reconnects the First HDD.
    I can listen the Motor of the HDD going down, exactly as if I removed the Power Supply.
    This is not good. It will result in Damage of the HDD, probably with Head Crash.

How to prevent this "brute force" disconnecting?
    Thank you

:)

Adalwar, Aug 11, 2016

2. win10 wont recognise my external HDD

An external HDD is a second disk.

OutbackJoe, Aug 11, 2016
  3. Unlock password protected memory card?

There is no master code, but it can be brute forced by trying all possible combinations as mentioned in previous post resource.

aspergerguy, Aug 11, 2016
  4. TrustMe Win User

It's probably to much of a drain on your power supply. I use a powered USB hub when I want to connect two or more portable hard drives. If you decide to get one, make sure the hub has its own power source.

TrustMe, Aug 11, 2016
  5. Adalwar Win User
    Hi TrustMe,
    Thank you.
    One HDD as a Power Rating of 1A the other is about 700mA.
    USB 3.0 should be able to handle this without any Problem at all.
    It could be an issue, but I really do not believe very much on that.
    There must be something else going on.
    Regards.

Adalwar, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. "Brute Force" disconnecting USB External HDD - Similar Threads - Brute Force disconnecting

2. external USB HDD with power cord / 6TB / GUID / NTFS - This external USB HDD was in a PC...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    external USB HDD with power cord / 6TB / GUID / NTFS - This external USB HDD was in a PC...: Can you help...?===1Have Problem: RAW & 0 bytes --- external HDD with power cord / 6TB / GUID / NTFSThis external USB HDD was in a PC, but when I have it plugin for the first time on other PCs has appeared as: RAW & 0 bytes===2afterapplied from cmd prompt as admin:chkdsk /f...
  3. external USB HDD with power cord / 6TB / GUID / NTFS - This external USB HDD was in a PC...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    external USB HDD with power cord / 6TB / GUID / NTFS - This external USB HDD was in a PC...: Can you help...?===1Have Problem: RAW & 0 bytes --- external HDD with power cord / 6TB / GUID / NTFSThis external USB HDD was in a PC, but when I have it plugin for the first time on other PCs has appeared as: RAW & 0 bytes===2afterapplied from cmd prompt as admin:chkdsk /f...
  4. Next Windows 11 delays brute force attacks by default

in Windows 10 News
    Next Windows 11 delays brute force attacks by default: Microsoft plans to roll out new default settings in the next major Windows 11 release that delay brute force attacks against accounts on the system. [ATTACH] Brute-force attacks are commonly used by threat actors to gain access to systems. Especially Remote Desktop Protocol...
  5. External HDD keeps disconnecting randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External HDD keeps disconnecting randomly: Out of no where, my HDD has started disconnecting itself a few minutes after it is plugged and requires me to manually turn the external drive on and off if I want to use it again.What i've triedRestarting my PCNot using the HDD under stressful conditions and using better...
  6. External HDD keeps disconnecting randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External HDD keeps disconnecting randomly: Out of no where, my HDD has started disconnecting itself a few minutes after it is plugged and requires me to manually turn the external drive on and off if I want to use it again.What i've triedRestarting my PCNot using the HDD under stressful conditions and using better...
  7. External HDD keeps disconnecting randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. External HDD/USB.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External HDD/USB.: Hello. I have an external HDD docking station connected to my PC thru USB. Devine manager sees it. But Windows explorer does not. Suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hddusb/b0404c2e-056a-4c66-b461-1e5113dc9275
  9. Windows 10 Pin code pfishing/brute force attack?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Pin code pfishing/brute force attack?: Recently when turning the computer on a series of incorrect pin codes are automatically and rapidly generated and rejected until the a1b2c3 phrase appears. Only then can I enter the code and access computer. It seems a computer is attempting to guess the pin code. I've done...
  10. External USB HDD not disconnecting properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External USB HDD not disconnecting properly: In W10.1607 x86 when I eject a External USB HDD, it does not Power Down, I mean the Eject Procedure is not being totally finished. The Safe to Eject message appears but the light on HDD stays on and if I pull it out I can listen the Motor spinning down. That is it not good,...