Windows 10: BSOD 0x00000101: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT the past few days when gaming

Discus and support BSOD 0x00000101: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT the past few days when gaming in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Recently I've started receiving a BSOD that says Clock_Watchdog_Timeout. This seems to happen at high CPU usage such as playing games like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by djseaghost, May 16, 2020.

1. BSOD 0x00000101: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT the past few days when gaming

Hello,

Recently I've started receiving a BSOD that says Clock_Watchdog_Timeout. This seems to happen at high CPU usage such as playing games like Monster Hunter World, it has periodically happened the past week and more frequently multiple times the past two days.

I run Windows 10 Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.836) I had my i5-4690k OC'd to 4.5GHz, but have reduced that to the basics still an issue. I don't know why it's doing this usually I can figure it out, but I've linked the scan from the v2 Log Collector: LOGIC-BOMB-(2020-05-15_22-24-38).zip. Let me know if I'm missing anything.

System Specs:
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4690k
    HDD: 500GB Samsung 850 Evo
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070
    RAM: 16GB DDR3 G.Skill Trident 2400MHz
    OS: Windows 10 64-bit Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.836)
    Keyboard: Ducky Shine7 Cherry MXReds
    Mouse: Logitech g600

:)

djseaghost, May 16, 2020
  2. dtex Win User

BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (& Others) On Some Games

Hi,

I've had Multiple BSOD's While playing (High End) games. While playing games such as GTA IV or Player Unknown i have had multiple BSOD, this only seems to happen on games that require a lot of power to run. I have played games like ORI & Blind Forest and Counterstrike for 4 hours+ Without any errors.

Specs:
    Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.00GHz
    16.0GB Dual-Channel
    ASUS Z170-P
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit

BlueScreen View:

Hal.dll
    Ntoskrnl.exe
    IntelPPm.sys

BSOD Exprienced:

Clock_Watchdog_Timeout
    Driver_IRQL_NOT Less or Equal
    IRQL_NOT Less or Equal
    Kmode_exception_Not_Handled

After contacting my supplier he suggested a number of things to try fixing the issue, and now he has got to the point of suggesting i need a new graphics card. I do however not believe however the issue is solely a faulty graphics card.

I have tried the following fixes:
    • Reformatted Windows
    • uninstall all Nvidia and Graphics drivers and fresh install
    • Installed all updated Drivers
    • Memtest (4 Hours)
    • GE Benchmark

I presume someone would want to look at the minidumps? Please let me know and i will edit on to this post, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Connor

3. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD

Hello All,

My computer has been experiencing BSOD's starting last week. The BSOD will only occur while I am playing a videogame and even then the time in which the BSOD occurs will vary each time. I could have just booted the game or have been playing for an hour.
    The error code is CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT. I checked my minidump file and the Image Name was Unknown_Image. I need help as I don't know what to do to fix this. Minidump pasted here:

Lex Naturae, May 16, 2020
  4. Tintai Win User

BSOD 0x00000101: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT the past few days when gaming

BSOD whea_uncorrectable_error and clock_watchdog_timeout

Hello,

After Cmos reset and clean Windows 10 install I'm started getting some BSODs.
    First time I've got whea_uncorrectable_error and some time later clock_watchdog_timeout.

Now I'm getting clock_watchdog_timeout all the time when I try to start AIDA64 stability test and in the middle game of CS:GO.

Here is dump from bluescreenview:
    http://tintaiexcess.com/dmp.htm

And here is the dump files from "C:\Windows\Minidump":
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/q2oy1mc5ku7girx/080315-7468-01.dmp
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/ap25qa4ilr4gtc0/080315-7359-01.dmp

My CPU is running at 4.6G at 1.328V. RAM at 1866Mhz at 1.5V.
    Stock looks stable.

Thanks
    Tintai

Tintai, May 16, 2020
Thema:

BSOD 0x00000101: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT the past few days when gaming

1. BSOD 0x00000101: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT the past few days when gaming - Similar Threads - BSOD 0x00000101 CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

2. HELP: BSOD twice over the past few days.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP: BSOD twice over the past few days.: I have had a bluescreen and auto restart twice over the past few days. I was logging into an online game after the character select screen when it crashed both times if I remember correctly. The Kernal-Power Event-41 details are below. What other information can I give in...
  3. HELP: BSOD twice over the past few days.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HELP: BSOD twice over the past few days.: I have had a bluescreen and auto restart twice over the past few days. I was logging into an online game after the character select screen when it crashed both times if I remember correctly. The Kernal-Power Event-41 details are below. What other information can I give in...
  4. HELP: BSOD twice over the past few days.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HELP: BSOD twice over the past few days.: I have had a bluescreen and auto restart twice over the past few days. The Kernal-Power Event-41 details are below. What other information can I give in order to sort out whats...
  5. Multiple BSODs over the past few days.

Multiple BSODs over the past few days.: I have been getting multiple different BSODs that happen randomly throughout the day. Let me know what information I can give to help find a solution.Minidumps for those crashes: https://www.mediafire.com/file/0ayep94lj710z6p/Minidumps.zip/file...
  6. Various BSODs over the past few days

Various BSODs over the past few days: I am using a Dell XPS 15 9570 notebook computer and I updated all the drivers/software from Dell a few days ago except it seems the system keeps freezing when the display went to sleep and the last one was a BSOD. When looking at the Minidump logs which consists of the...
  7. I keep getting BSODs in the past few days

I keep getting BSODs in the past few days: Bluescreenviewer is telling me ntoskrnl.exe+1c23c0 and ntoskrnl.exe+1c23c0 caused the BSOD. But it doesn't really tell me anything. Here are the minidumps https://1drv.ms/u/s!As0S06o3-mVr36k-tQTUVWuoMh7_iQ?e=AiYRfc Please help. Thanks....
  8. BSOD 0x00000101

BSOD 0x00000101: Hello, Well as the title says, I'm getting a BSOD, mostly while playing games. I don't always get the stop code, but when I do it's the CLOCK: WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT. I've looked into it and the code is 0x00000101, so I'm kind of already sure what all this is about, but I would...
  9. BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT playing any Game

BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT playing any Game: Constantly getting CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT, while playing anything. GTA V it happens 10-20 minutes of starting the program. CS:GO it crashes 20-30 minutes later. I've tried analyzing the DMP files but they point to ntkrnlmp.exe. I've reloaded the OS on the entire PC...
  10. Random BSOD for the past few days

Random BSOD for the past few days: For the past few days I been experiencing BOSD playing games and one time just watching youtube video. I did memtest86 the results were fine. This morning I did the driver verifier and got a BOSD right at windows logo screen. I attach the minidump files dated back from...