Windows 10: BSOD 0x124

Discus and support BSOD 0x124 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there, Last monday I got a BSOD with error code 0x124. I know this normally means a hardware problem (and sometimes maybe trouble with a driver).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Michel Kunkeler, Oct 11, 2019.

1. BSOD 0x124

Hi there,

Last monday I got a BSOD with error code 0x124. I know this normally means a hardware problem (and sometimes maybe trouble with a driver).

A few facts about my PC (which I build myself):

- It is relatively new (7 weeks old) - MSI Z390 Ace, nVidia GTX 1080, Core i7 9700K, HyperX Predator DDR4 Memory (16 Gb).

- I did not overclock any of the components.

- There was no oveheating problem (there is a led display on the motherboard indicating the temperature which was still 30 degrees C at the time of the BSOD).

- The memory is on the motherboard QVL list.

- WhoCrashed utility said the crash occured in genuine_intel.sys and memory_corruption.sys.

So after the BSOD I ran a lot of tests:

- Intel tool for checking the CPU: no errors

- A few graphics benchmarks for hours: no crash

- Intel Extreme Tuning stresstests for CPU and memory: no errors

- Microsoft's memory diagnosis: no errors

Then I decided to use Memtest86 and after 2 hours during the second pass it gave an error. Then I decided not to use a XMP profile. Again during the second pass after over 2 hours Memtest86 gave an error.

So I thought I had found the culprit.

Since then I have used my system, played games, etc. without any issue or BSOD

But still I decided to put new RAM in my system (G.Skill Ripjaws V, also on the mnotherboard QVL list)). This morning there was the same BSOD 0x124.

So now I am a bit stumped. Of course this RAM could also be bad, but I think that would be a bit improbable. Maybe another component is bad.

The only thing is that both the BSOD last monday and the BSOD this morning occured when I was using the Citrix Workspace App to use the virtual workspace at my work. Of course this could be coïncidence, but It is a but strange that I can use benchmarks and games, but during Citrix workspace I get a BSOD. After this I have worked for a couple of hours in the virtual workspace without any issue.

Are there any suggestions for this issue? Does anyone know of Citrix Workspace App giving the occasional BSOD?

Thanks in advance,

Michel

:)

Michel Kunkeler, Oct 11, 2019

2. Getting BSOD 0x124 error

Ignore what everone said here.

0x124 BSOD is usually related to VCCIO (VTT), run Prime95 version 26.6 with custom sizes of 512K to 640K with 50% of your memory for at least 8 hours.

If you get a 0x124 BSOD, increase VCCIO voltage by small steps, run Prime95 again until your stable.

If you pass Prime95 512K to 640K without a BSOD, then its Vcore too low. I'd suggest running IntelBurnTest with 80% of your memory to verify stability (8 to 12 hours).

Oh, and yeah, if this problem appeared all of the sudden, the reason is CPU degradation, you can prevent it by enabling C-States or adjust your overclock to use lower voltages.

Regeneration, Oct 11, 2019
  3. bsod 0x124 audio driver not starting, wont reinstall

Probably not the answer your looking for but,

0x124 - what it means and what to try

you probably already tried most of that stuff on the list.

FreedomEclipse, Oct 11, 2019
  4. Frogger Win User

BSOD 0x124

Help with BSOD

The OverClockers BSOD code list
    BSOD code list== 0x124 = increase/decrease QPI/VTT first, if not increase/decrease vcore...have to test to see which one it is

Frogger, Oct 11, 2019
Thema:

BSOD 0x124

1. BSOD 0x124 - Similar Threads - BSOD 0x124

2. 0x124 BSoD Troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x124 BSoD Troubleshooting: Good day! I recently started to receive BSoD crashes after playing a few games only about 20-30min in before crash occurs or sometimes upon game exit. This only started to occur recently and I assume its due to my CPU upgrade. Recently upgraded from 3600X to 5900X. I also...
  3. 0x124 BSoD Troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    0x124 BSoD Troubleshooting: Good day! I recently started to receive BSoD crashes after playing a few games only about 20-30min in before crash occurs or sometimes upon game exit. This only started to occur recently and I assume its due to my CPU upgrade. Recently upgraded from 3600X to 5900X. I also...
  4. BSOD 0x124

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD 0x124: BSOD 0x124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR last 5 days i have 5 BSODs - last three - after installing Windows 11, previous 2 - on Windows 10Memtest 5 and memtest86 have no errors; cpu-z and aida64 and linx have no errors with CPU, temps 45~ without stress, 80~ with stress; maximum...
  5. BSOD 0x124

BSOD 0x124: BSOD 0x124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR last 5 days i have 5 BSODs - last three - after installing Windows 11, previous 2 - on Windows 10Memtest 5 and memtest86 have no errors; cpu-z and aida64 and linx have no errors with CPU, temps 45~ without stress, 80~ with stress; maximum...
  6. Windows BSOD while playing specific games 0x124

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows BSOD while playing specific games 0x124: Hello I have been having problems with my Windows 10 installation where it blue screens while playing select games such as “F1 2021”, “Halo Infinite” and “Escape from Tarkov”.I have clean installed my NVIDIA driver after wiping the old one with DDU Display Driver Uninstaller....
  7. Windows BSOD while playing specific games 0x124

Windows BSOD while playing specific games 0x124: Hello I have been having problems with my Windows 10 installation where it blue screens while playing select games such as “F1 2021”, “Halo Infinite” and “Escape from Tarkov”.I have clean installed my NVIDIA driver after wiping the old one with DDU Display Driver Uninstaller....
  8. Windows BSOD while playing specific games 0x124

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Fresh 10 build/install, random BSODs after update (0x124, 0x133)

Fresh 10 build/install, random BSODs after update (0x124, 0x133): Hello, I'm running Windows 10 on a machine I just built. Everything goes smoothly for hours until Windows 10 tells me I need to restart and install some updates. When the update hit 100% after restart, the machine locked up and I was forced to restart again. I then received...
  10. BSOD randomly - 0x124

BSOD randomly - 0x124: hello *Smile well... thank you for the great forum i do really enjoy reading those tutorials and guide about the pc world I'am having bad time with my desktop trying to fix the BSOD problem so , it occurs randomly no specific time or period the thing is i was using my...
Tags: