Windows 10: BSOD 0xc000021a, No safe mode, reinstall or reset.

Discus and support BSOD 0xc000021a, No safe mode, reinstall or reset. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ok. This is the furthest I've seen a computer go, and I don't have much hope left. My brother has a laptop (~4 yrs old). The battery went bad a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DrGlick, Dec 25, 2015.

1. DrGlick Win User

BSOD 0xc000021a, No safe mode, reinstall or reset.

Ok. This is the furthest I've seen a computer go, and I don't have much hope left.

My brother has a laptop (~4 yrs old). The battery went bad a couple of years ago, and so it now need to be plugged in all of the time. The laptop was asleep when he unplugged it to move it, and when he opened the lid again, it had shut down (very likely because it died). Upon starting it, he got the BSOD and 0xc000021a error code.
    The startup repair couldn't fix his problem. Two restore points he had on the system from installing DirectX a few days earlier didn't work. I tried entering safe mode, no luck. Now thinking I was at a last resort, I tried to refresh Windows, keeping his files but removing all the installed programs. I got a message at around 60% telling me Windows encountered a problem and couldn't complete the procedure. Same deal with the full reset. At this point, a reboot greeted me with "No operating system could be found".
    I got a large USB and made it into a recovery drive, checking the box that said to include OS files or something (can't remember the exact wording). I tried again using startup repair, then reinstalling windows.

Shockingly, no luck. It failed once again.

A big thankyou in advance!

:)

DrGlick, Dec 25, 2015
  2. BMFC27 Win User

Cortana broken after an upgrade

System restore causes BSOD 0xc000021a. Can’t even boot safe mode

BMFC27, Dec 25, 2015
  3. Shiva478 Win User
    Getting BSOD loop

Hi,

I have windows 10 and last night I reset my computer instead of switching it off and when it loaded I got the BSOD and no matter what I've done I keep hitting that screen. I've tried resetting the PC with reinstalling windows with keeping files and reinstalling
    windows and wiping the drive, system restore with all the restore points that was available, start up repair, starting in safe mode and go back to previous version. We don't have a system image to recover from.

I'm not able to go any further then that.

I also got this at one stage:

Log file: E:\Windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt

error code: 0xc000021a

Shiva478, Dec 25, 2015
  4. essenbe Win User

essenbe, Dec 26, 2015
  5. DrGlick Win User
    Hey, Essenbe, you've helped me before and did a great job then too *Biggrin

My Mother launched a rather late suprise by saying "Oh yeah she has all these recovery disks in a drawer somewhere". Something I had no idea about up until that point. So I managed to install Windows 8 from a disk, it all worked fine apart from having the wrong install code. However, his computer will be replaced in the next few weeks, and it's nothing to worry about.

tl;dr: Have a repair disk or you're screwed.

Thanks for taking the time to help though, I appreciate it.

DrGlick, Dec 26, 2015
  6. essenbe Win User
    You're quite welcome, I hope things work out well for you. If you need further help, feel free to ask.

essenbe, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD 0xc000021a, No safe mode, reinstall or reset. - Similar Threads - BSOD 0xc000021a safe

2. BSOD in normal mode not in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD in normal mode not in safe mode.: Hello! im getting frequent BSOD in my laptop but nothing in safe mode. Can I rule out the hardware problem thats causing this? Or this is there anyway i can pinpoint the problem more accurately?Since the start of the problem I've already tried the following:- chkdskclear- sfc...
  3. BSOD in normal mode not in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD in normal mode not in safe mode.: Hello! im getting frequent BSOD in my laptop but nothing in safe mode. Can I rule out the hardware problem thats causing this? Or this is there anyway i can pinpoint the problem more accurately?Since the start of the problem I've already tried the following:- chkdskclear- sfc...
  4. BSoD 0xc000021a

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSoD 0xc000021a: Today my PC suddenly booted directly into a BSOD with stopecode 0xc000021a. It happens on every boot. Here are the things I tried:1. Running in safe mode w/o networking: this simply restarted right back into advanced start options.2.sfc /scannow via commandprompt: finishes...
  5. Factory reset reinstall error, and black screen in safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Factory reset reinstall error, and black screen in safe mode: So I factory reset Windows, and after reinstalling, during initial setup, after I chose the keyboard layout, it would tell me "Something went wrong, try again". When I click "try again" it just repeats the same message. So I booted into the Windows Recovery Environment, and...
  6. Consant BSOD, safe mode, reset, not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Consant BSOD, safe mode, reset, not working: Ever since I built this pc 3 months ago there has been some issue. I installed video card drivers from AMD like my video card, win 10 on an SSD, also have an hdd. PC worked fine - until it didnt. Games started freezing, crashing, until I discoverdd some workaround and lazily...
  7. BSoD error 0xc000021a

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSoD error 0xc000021a: Hi, I just ran my windows 10 pc 3 days ago and I saw a blue screen with message as -'Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you' with error 0xc000021a. I've been trying a lot since 3 days to solve it...
  8. BSOD 0xc000021a even in safe mode unless i have driver signature enforcement enabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD 0xc000021a even in safe mode unless i have driver signature enforcement enabled: So. I have a 3-year old Lenovo G510 which has proven itself quite ressistant against the challenges of time despite always having graphics card problems with it everytime I reinstall windows. I recently had decided to reinstall my windows with full formatting of my System...
  9. Windows 10 Pro Error 0xc000021a - can't boot in safe mode

Windows 10 Pro Error 0xc000021a - can't boot in safe mode: Hi, yesterday I was using my PC when all of a sudden it froze and I foolishly turned off the electricity. Once I turned it on, the blue screen and "error 0xc000021a" appeared. I tried everything, even (in prompt command) Dism, sfc/ scannow, chk disk /f /r,...
  10. BSOD error 0xc000021a

BSOD error 0xc000021a: I kept my computer on over night and I accidentally hit the print screen button. I have a special program called 'Greenshot' so it overlays the screen with a grid region selector and lets you drag and save. I didn't drag and save so I left it like that over night. As soon...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0xc000021a unable to reload

2. 0xc000021a error after battery died