Windows 10: BSOD 0xc0000225 when HDD plugged in - Boots fine with SSD

Discus and support BSOD 0xc0000225 when HDD plugged in - Boots fine with SSD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; New Specs: CPU: Intel Core i3-10100 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor Motherboard: Gigabyte B460M DS3H Micro ATX LGA1200 Motherboard Memory: Team T-FORCE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CaddyQuinn, Jul 18, 2020.

1. BSOD 0xc0000225 when HDD plugged in - Boots fine with SSD

New Specs:
    CPU: Intel Core i3-10100 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor
    Motherboard: Gigabyte B460M DS3H Micro ATX LGA1200 Motherboard
    Memory: Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 Memory
    PSU
    Fans

Equipment brought over:
    GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 750 ti
    SSD Samsung EVO
    HDD WD 1tb

Just finished building my PC. I moved over my SSD and HDD after running sysprep from the old machine to the new. Ran through windows setup and logged into account to activate windows and the machine booted up fine. Second time I went to boot it game me the recovery BSOD. I unplugged the HDD and left the SSD plugged in and it worked as normal.

When the HDD is plugged in, the bios defaults the boot to that drive, even when I switch it and save.

Any ideas? Let me know what information you need from me

:)

CaddyQuinn, Jul 18, 2020
  2. Homeless Win User

0xc0000225 boot error

For some odd reason when I turned on my computer today, I was greeted with the error 0xc0000225 stating that my NLS files were corrupt/missing. I am Running Vista x64 and so far have tried the following:

Replace NLS files
    Windows repair utility
    Restored an old working registry backup
    Tried booting with different ram configurations
    Created new BCD / Boot
    Chkdsk

Google suggests something about apci, but my gigabyte ud3p doesn't have such an option (already vista compatible) and it seems to only occur to people who are initially installing and not people who already have a working copy.

Homeless, Jul 18, 2020
  3. error code 0xc0000225

Hi Marie,

The error code 0xc0000225 is booting error that usually happens when the Booting Configuration Data (BCD) is missing or corrupted. We suggest that you perform an
    Automatic Repair by following the steps listed in Jenith_James's reply on May
    8, 2016 and check if it resolves your concern.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Jul 18, 2020
  4. Trosk61 Win User

BSOD 0xc0000225 when HDD plugged in - Boots fine with SSD

Windows 10 Dual Drive (HDD and SSD) Boot issue

Hi,

I am running a Windows 10 system on a Desktop. I added a 1TB Sandisk SSD and installed Window 10 on it. When my system boots, I get a screen asking me to select which operating system to run: Either the old HDD version, or the newly installed SSD version.
    When I select the newly installed SSD version, the system runs for a while and then I get random BSOD failures. Never the same BSOD Stop Code twice. If I choose the old HDD version, the system boots (albiet very slowly) and remains stable. When I use the BIOS
    settings to make the SSD the priority boot drive, upon re-boot the machine reports that I must provide a bootable source to continue. It seems the SSD is not bootable, and the system will only boot from the HDD. I want to ultimately make the SSD my system
    boot drive and the HDD simply a data drive. Any thoughts on action I should take?

Trosk61, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

BSOD 0xc0000225 when HDD plugged in - Boots fine with SSD

1. BSOD 0xc0000225 when HDD plugged in - Boots fine with SSD - Similar Threads - BSOD 0xc0000225 HDD

2. BSOD when plugged my external HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when plugged my external HDD: HelloI have an issues with my External HDD. I have 2 HDD. Since last night one of my HDD is making my laptop Acer Swift 3 Infinity 4 goes BSOD when plugged in.It will slow down the PC once it plugged. After the system can open the HDD it goes straight away to BSOD with error...
  3. BSOD when plugged my external HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when plugged my external HDD: HelloI have an issues with my External HDD. I have 2 HDD. Since last night one of my HDD is making my laptop Acer Swift 3 Infinity 4 goes BSOD when plugged in.It will slow down the PC once it plugged. After the system can open the HDD it goes straight away to BSOD with error...
  4. HDD Required to boot SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HDD Required to boot SSD: I've installed windows 10 on a new SSD Samsung 870 EVO 1TB and it works just fine currently using it to create this post. However, my problem is that it seems that I need my old HDD to be able to boot the SDD. I want to set the SSD as the primary bootable device, but when I...
  5. HDD Required to boot SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD Required to boot SSD: I've installed windows 10 on a new SSD Samsung 870 EVO 1TB and it works just fine currently using it to create this post. However, my problem is that it seems that I need my old HDD to be able to boot the SDD. I want to set the SSD as the primary bootable device, but when I...
  6. HDD Required to boot SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Laptop not booting fully when external HDD plugged in.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop not booting fully when external HDD plugged in.: My Surface Book doesn't boot 100% through when I have a HDD plugged in via USB. It's "waiting" past the login screen. Only when I unplug the HDD it's loading all the services and programs. This is only on a cold boot also. There is no external programm on the HDD just files...
  8. Boot Loop 0xC0000225

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot Loop 0xC0000225: Woke up turned my computer on and it won't boot and gives this error. I tried fixing the boot files and bcd and all the standard things and the only thing that fixed it was a clean install of windows 10 version 1909. I did nothing to cause this the computer was shut down...
  9. Can't boot PC after cloning to SSD error code 0xc0000225

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't boot PC after cloning to SSD error code 0xc0000225: I am using an HP Pavilion 570 P065SE.I recently purchased a Samsung 970 EVO SSD and cloned my system onto it using Macrium Reflect. It looked like everything moved over ok in the file explorer. I disconnected my HDD and rebooted. When i did i got a blue screen with the...
  10. Error 0xc0000225 but then booted eventually

in Windows 10 Support
    Error 0xc0000225 but then booted eventually: Yesterday i had a notification appear in the Action Centre saying "Security and Maintenance Restart to Repair drive Errors". So i restarted but all i kept getting was a Recovery screen saying 'Your Pc couldn't start properly a required device isn't connected or cant be...
Tags: