Windows 10: BSOD 10 seconds after boot with new P5 Crucial M.2 SSD

Discus and support BSOD 10 seconds after boot with new P5 Crucial M.2 SSD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows Version: 2004 Hi all, I recently won an m2 ssd, after never using one before I decided to install it as a spare ssd drive for games as I only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GravitySloth, Sep 30, 2020.

1. BSOD 10 seconds after boot with new P5 Crucial M.2 SSD

Windows Version: 2004

Hi all,
    I recently won an m2 ssd, after never using one before I decided to install it as a spare ssd drive for games as I only have an ssd as my boot drive.

Upon installing, after about 15 seconds on my boot screen, I BSOD, with KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE. I do not get this BSOD on safe mode or upon removing the m2 drive from my pc.
    I have tried this in both M.2 ports and get the same issues.

The drive is a:

Crucial P5 M.2 2280 500GB
    The motherboard is:

B450m MORTAR MAX

Thanks for any help!

Edit: Let me know if there is any more info that could help!

sfc /scannow identified some corruption and 'repaired' it, but did not fix the bsod.

:)

GravitySloth, Sep 30, 2020
  2. qUAan Win User

Crucial m.2 ssd not recognized by bios post windows 10 installation

Installed windows 10 pro on my crucial m.2 ssd 500gb as us z97 board and it was fine.

Drivers updated two monitors came to life with beautiful desktop. File explorer was different, login screen was nice, start button was crisp....I played. A little bit with it and went to work. Came back and found my pc in bios.

i immediately set everything to default. And found that my crucial m.2 ssd is nowhere to be found in my bios. Hence no OS to boot from.****???

a coincidence?

I popped in another crucial m.2 ssd and its fine. Going to attempt to install again and see if it repeats....... Stay tuned guys I may have found a problem.

qUAan, Sep 30, 2020
  3. dual boot on m.2 ssd

thanks .

i will install windows 7 first then windows 10, so that newest boot maanager will add older version boot entry for win 7 .

now any bios tweaking like uefi settings in bios? i heard installation is triky in m.2 ssd.

MD ABIDALI, Sep 30, 2020
  4. X-PhilS Win User

BSOD 10 seconds after boot with new P5 Crucial M.2 SSD

Z Book BSOD with Second SSD Drive

Hi all

I have an issue with an HP Z Book. It is a new Generation 6 device and came with a pre-installed second SSD drive.

All worked fine until I tried to put our corporate image onto the primary OS SSD.

Firstly, the new OS installed onto the secondary SSD rather than the primary.

So I disconnected/removed the secondary, recreated the partition on the primary and loaded our stock OS.

The machine now works absolutely fine, as long as I do not try to re-introduce the second SSD drive.

If I reinstall this, the machine boots up OK for a second or two and then BSOD's.

Can anyone suggest the reason for this issue - the BSOD message reported a kernel error.

Any ideas on steps to take to resolve this?

Thanks

Phil

X-PhilS, Sep 30, 2020
Thema:

BSOD 10 seconds after boot with new P5 Crucial M.2 SSD

1. BSOD 10 seconds after boot with new P5 Crucial M.2 SSD - Similar Threads - BSOD seconds boot

2. Windows 10 install on new m.2 ssd

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 install on new m.2 ssd: Hi, i already have licensed windows 10 on hdd, so i just bought a new m.2 ssd to improve the performance. The question is if i do a clean install of windows on the ssd using the usb drive, what will happen to the windows on the hdd? Can i enter the same key or do i have to...
  3. Windows 10 to my new SSD m.2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 to my new SSD m.2: I've been watching videos and I was using an external SSD to put windows 10 on my SSD m.2, but when id open bios the boot option wouldn't show up. now I'm trying to download windows to my 28GB flash drive and it says it needs more space? Some tips would be helpful. submitted...
  4. upgraded my laptop to a new crucial 500gb NVMe m.2 ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgraded my laptop to a new crucial 500gb NVMe m.2 ssd: HI all so i upgraded my laptops 128GB SSD to a new crucial 500gb NVMe m.2 ssd P2 version, i used Macrium Reflect 7 to Clone my C drive, everything went well, i did have to stop errors the first time i tried to boot from it, but that has resolved it self and has not shown its...
  5. ?M.2 or ssd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ?M.2 or ssd: My ? board has a M-2 slot, will that act the same as a ssd. I'm looking at a Kingmax M-2 2280 B /M SATAIII 256GB. This stuff is confusing to me some times sorry for the confusion while asking my ?s. I have so much new storage in my system now all I'm trying to do is get all...
  6. dual boot on m.2 ssd

dual boot on m.2 ssd: i have a laptop hp 15-ay503tx with core i5 6th gen 8 gb ddr4 ram 1 TB hdd 5400rpm. currently i am using dual boot windows 7 ultimate and windows 10 both on same hdd on different partitions. i am going to install a 860 EVO 250GB SATA III M.2 SSD on this laptop and...
  7. dual boot on m.2 ssd

dual boot on m.2 ssd: i have a laptop hp 15-ay503tx with core i5 6th gen 8 gb ddr4 ram 1 TB hdd 5400rpm. currently i am using dual boot windows 7 ultimate and windows 10 both on same hdd on different partitions. i am going to install a 860 EVO 250GB SATA III M.2 SSD on this laptop and...
  8. Boot up problem M.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot up problem M.2 SSD: Hello. I recently had an issue with my Windows 10 on my Samsung SSD, it basically just stopped working, and nothing that I did helped, not any repairs from the "Repair your computer" option from an installation media. So to cut the story short, I reinstalled Windows 10...
  9. new m.2 pcie ssd

new m.2 pcie ssd: I've installed the above in my pc but it doesn't show up in my bios uefi. I installed thre build in a dual boot configuration. What files do I need to leave in the old drive so as I can boot into the new drive? 54011
  10. M.2 ssd

M.2 ssd: Hello, I need some help. I hope I choose the right forum section, newbie here. I purchased a MyDigitalSSD 128GB (MDM242-SBe-128) from Amazon.com, I want to prepare this drive for use in my Dell 3050 mini PC to increase the boot drive size from 32gb to 128gb. The Dell...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. crucial p5 windows error

2. crucial p5 windows 10 faulty hardware corrupted page

3. m2 bsod