Windows 10: BSOD 124 after installing NVidia Driver 358.50

Discus and support BSOD 124 after installing NVidia Driver 358.50 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I self-built a new computer about a week ago and though it was a somewhat rocky start, I was able to get it up and running with Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FungGuy, Nov 1, 2015.

1. FungGuy Win User

BSOD 124 after installing NVidia Driver 358.50

Hi everyone,

I self-built a new computer about a week ago and though it was a somewhat rocky start, I was able to get it up and running with Windows 7 and all drivers.

I upgraded to Windows 10 afterwards and everything still appeared functional. However, now if I upgrade my NVidia driver to the latest, the computer will refuse to boot, each time ending in a BSOD of WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR.

I understand this is typically a hardware issue, but I don't have any idea how to make sure. If anyone can please look over my logs and provide some insight, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much for your time!

:)

FungGuy, Nov 1, 2015

2. BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure When Opening Adobe Premiere

Same problem here.

Updated nVidia drivers from 350.00 to 361.43 and started getting this BSOD when using MPC-HC with LAV and CUVID acceleration. DXVA works fine.

Going back to the previous driver fixed it.

As far as i know, the latest nVidia driver (or even 358.50) added hybrid VP9 and HEVC support to more cards.

For example, i can't use CUIVD with my GT 840M (optimus) with older drivers.. this new driver does let me use it and the video starts playing but it crashes and gets a BSOD after 3 seconds.

It's not really microsoft fault. It was nVidia that released the driver as it is.

Miguel Simões(2), Nov 1, 2015
  3. BSOD Power state driver failure and Driver IRQL not less and equal

It looks as if this is a problem with your Nvidia graphics card. Based on my experience with my ASUS ROG gaming laptop, there were previously a lot of unsolved issues with the Maxwell based graphics chips from ASUS (Post GTX860M) that caused a lot of random
    BSODs when the dedicated GPU is accessed.

Most of these issues have now been solved with new drivers available from Nvidia. I recommend visiting their driver support page ( Drivers | GeForce ) and downloading the latest version (358.50 as of now).

Let us know how it goes. By the way, what version of Nvidia GPU do you have?

Usman Mohammed, Nov 1, 2015
  4. essenbe Win User

While I look over the files, please look and see if you have a folder C:/Nvidia. Also, please tell me the procedure you used to update the driver.

essenbe, Nov 1, 2015
  5. FungGuy Win User
    I have a folder called C:\NVIDIA. I should note, I am currently on said machine which has the driver rolled back, and appears to be functioning correctly.

To update the driver, I used GeForce Experience. When I did so, the computer crashed. I was able to restore it by going into Safe Mode and removing the driver.

I then tried to download the driver from the NVidia website, however, after a restart, the computer crashed once more until I reverted to a system restore point.

FungGuy, Nov 1, 2015
  6. essenbe Win User
    Ok, here is what your dump files say.

Code: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124) A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error condition. Arguments: Arg1: 0000000000000004, PCI Express Error Arg2: ffffe001719c88d8, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure. Arg3: 0000000000000000 Arg4: 0000000000000000[/quote] However, further in the dump file this showed up

Code: ffffd000`9d1f5c98 fffff800`91a9518aUnable to load image rtwlane.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rtwlane.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for rtwlane.sys rtwlane+0x1518a[/quote] That is your Realtek PCI-E Wireless LAN NIC NDIS Driver. I would really suggest you see if you can update that driver or, preferably connect with an Ethernet cable, and if it is a pice card, uninstall it.

GeForce Experience will cause you a lot of problems. Also all of the Nvidia Audio drivers, HDMI drivers, 3D drivers will too. I never install anything except the Graphics driver and the PhysX driver. When you want to reinstall your graphics drivers, Download the New drivers first and place them on your desktop, open the Nvidia folder you found and open the Display Drivers Folder which is inside it., inside will be all of the drivers you have ever installed for your card. They will be in folders named the driver version like 353.80. Delete all of those but don't delete the Display Drivers folder, then go to control panel and uninstall all of the Nvidia graphics drivers. Those mentioned above first, just be sure to uninstall the graphics driver last. Reboot. Then install the new driver, but select Custom Install, uncheck everything except the Display Driver and PhysX and be sure the "Clean Install" box is checked.
    That is about as clean an install as you can get.

But, if it is running OK now, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

essenbe, Nov 1, 2015
  7. FungGuy Win User
    As per your advice, I opted to first check for a new driver for my PCI-E Wireless card. Turns out there was a new one released only in October or so. The reason I'm using this PCI-E card is because my modem+router is not in an optimal location to use an Ethernet cable with where my desktop is stored, so I wanted to try fixing it this way first.

After installing it, I made a restore point just in case and then installed the NVIDIA driver once more. I've done two reboots and no sign of the BSOD, so I think upgrading my WiFi card driver solved it.

Thank you for taking the time to look into my issue, I really appreciate it.

FungGuy, Nov 1, 2015
  8. essenbe Win User

You are welcome for any help I was able to provide. But, I would wait a few days and make sure this fixed your problem. When you feel like it has, please come back and let me know. I do hope it solved your BSOD problem.

essenbe, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD 124 after installing NVidia Driver 358.50 - Similar Threads - BSOD 124 installing

2. [WINDOWS 11] BSOD Code 139 , 124 and 50

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [WINDOWS 11] BSOD Code 139 , 124 and 50: Hi, my name is Levin and i use Windows 11 Pro x64 with license.My PC components:1. Motherboard - ASRock B660M Pro RS2. CPU - Intel Raptor Lake, Core i5 13600KF 3.5GHz box3. GPU - PowerColor Radeon RX 6600 Figher 8GB GDDR6 128-bit4. RAM - ADATA XPG Gammix D10 16GB DDR4 3200MHz...
  3. [WINDOWS 11] BSOD Code 139 , 124 and 50

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [WINDOWS 11] BSOD Code 139 , 124 and 50: Hi, my name is Levin and i use Windows 11 Pro x64 with license.My PC components:1. Motherboard - ASRock B660M Pro RS2. CPU - Intel Raptor Lake, Core i5 13600KF 3.5GHz box3. GPU - PowerColor Radeon RX 6600 Figher 8GB GDDR6 128-bit4. RAM - ADATA XPG Gammix D10 16GB DDR4 3200MHz...
  4. BSOD: VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL when installing nvidia driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD: VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL when installing nvidia driver: I've just bought a new laptop. A xps 13 plus, and I`m trying to connect it to a razer core x chroma wich is a egpu enclosure. It contains a nvidia geforce 3070 ti.Whenever i try to install the nvidia driver it blue screens with the VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL...
  5. BSOD: VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL when installing nvidia driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD: VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL when installing nvidia driver: I've just bought a new laptop. A xps 13 plus, and I`m trying to connect it to a razer core x chroma wich is a egpu enclosure. It contains a nvidia geforce 3070 ti.Whenever i try to install the nvidia driver it blue screens with the VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL...
  6. Nvidia driver install causing BSOD on Win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Nvidia driver install causing BSOD on Win10: Hi all,I've been having issues installing a driver for the Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 on my laptop. I had to do a clean Win10 reinstall 2 weeks ago, and since then I could not manage to install the driver. After some googling I found the Driver Verifier thread, and after running...
  7. BSOD when installing nvidia drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD when installing nvidia drivers: Earlier I was trying to update to Nvidia's new driver when the installation was almost at its end my pc crashed and kept giving me BSOD. After trying everything from system recovery I had to install clean windows but now I can't seem to install my GPU driver even the old ones...
  8. BSOD On installation of any nvidia graphic driver.

BSOD On installation of any nvidia graphic driver.: Hey guys, i got myself a new PC, here's the rig: MOBO: MSI TOMAHAWK B450 MAX CPU: AMD RYZEN 5 3600 GRAPHICS: EVGA GTX 1660 SUPER RAM: 2x8GO DDR4 CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX C16 3200MHZ SSD: KINGSTON A400 480GO HARD DRIVE: WBLUE 1TO 3.5" PSU: CORSAIR RM650X 80+ GOLD NETWORK:...
  9. BSOD everytime I install Nvidia driver

BSOD everytime I install Nvidia driver: hello all, my laptop Acer swift 3 SF314-54g recently get a bluescreen with code driver power state failure and video dxgkrnl everytime I install Nvidia driver My device spec is : core i3-7020u GeForce MX150 8GB ram windwows 10 1809 and I already try 4 nvidia driver and...
  10. BSOD MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION after NVIDIA Drivers Installation

BSOD MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION after NVIDIA Drivers Installation: I bought a Gtx 550 ti video card and I am getting the MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION error on startup everytime after I install the NVIDIA drivers. I have already tried to install different versions including last and the first version of the drivers. If i uninstall the drivers...