Windows 10: BSOD 20-60 minutes after startup - WdFilter.sys, PAGE_FAULT

Discus and support BSOD 20-60 minutes after startup - WdFilter.sys, PAGE_FAULT in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 Version 1903, OS Build 18362.1016 PAGE FAULT IN UNPAGED AREA - the BSOD itself blames WdFilter.sys and the minidump with BlueScreenView... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Harsalan, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Harsalan Win User

BSOD 20-60 minutes after startup - WdFilter.sys, PAGE_FAULT

Windows 10 Version 1903, OS Build 18362.1016

PAGE FAULT IN UNPAGED AREA - the BSOD itself blames WdFilter.sys and the minidump with BlueScreenView mentions ntoskrnl.exe

No particular recent hardware or software changes.

Driver Verifier detected a violation: nbdrv.sys

PC-(2020-08-22_18-00-37).zip

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: nbdrv.sys is NetBalancer, so went ahead and uninstalled that.

:)

Harsalan, Aug 22, 2020
  2. axe0 Win User

BSOD after 20 minutes

Hi HandoKardaan,

Welcome to the 10forums BSOD 20-60 minutes after startup - WdFilter.sys, PAGE_FAULT :)

That sounds like an issue with fast startup, could you see if disabling fast startup helps.
    Fast Startup - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

If it doesn't see if updating the Qualcomm network drivers helps.
    Driver Reference Table - Qcamain10x64.sys
    Code:
    Code:
    6: kd> lmvm Qcamain10x64 Browse full module list start             end                 module name fffff800`d2fd0000 fffff800`d3234000   Qcamain10x64 T (no symbols)                Loaded symbol image file: Qcamain10x64.sys     Image path: Qcamain10x64.sys     Image name: Qcamain10x64.sys     Browse all global symbols  functions  data     Timestamp:        Wed Sep 02 10:09:31 2015 (55E6AEBB)     CheckSum:         00242152     ImageSize:        00264000     Translations:     0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4

3. Windows 7 low on memory during 20 minutes after startup!

Since a few months I have suddely a problem with my Windows 7 desktop:

During the first 15-20 minutes after startup it is having all kinds of low memeory problems:

• error messages "Your computer is low on memory. Close programs....
    • browser windows crashing
    • applications closing themselves down
    After these 1-20 minutes, the problem disappears.

Any idea what is going wrong?

Kind regards,

Hubert

Hubertvandongen, Aug 22, 2020
  4. Jan Del Win User

Blue Screen dxgmms2.sys PAGE_FAULT

Hi,

Dxgmms2.sys blue screen errors are related to corrupted or outdated device driver. We suggest checking this
    link for troubleshooting blue screen errors as an initial step to resolve this issue.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Jan Del, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

1. BSOD 20-60 minutes after startup - WdFilter.sys, PAGE_FAULT - Similar Threads - BSOD minutes startup

2. BSOD every 15-20 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD every 15-20 minutes: Hello. My computer randomly started crashing last night. Initially it restarted and woke up to a GIGABYTE BIOS saying boot load broke. After having logged in to the pc, a BSOD happened and the screen froze, leading to me having to hold the power button down.From this point...
  3. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR a minute after startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR a minute after startup: My computer was completely fine before and I haven't made any changes to the hardwareI noticed it would get slow when I would CTRL+S my document as I'm writing. This was last night when the BSOD errors started happening just 1 minute after startup no matter what I do, even if...
  4. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR a minute after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR a minute after startup: My computer was completely fine before and I haven't made any changes to the hardwareI noticed it would get slow when I would CTRL+S my document as I'm writing. This was last night when the BSOD errors started happening just 1 minute after startup no matter what I do, even if...
  5. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR a minute after startup

6. BSOD 30 minutes after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD 30 minutes after startup: Hi,I recently did a fresh install of Windows, upgrading to Windows 11. For the first week it was working well, but after today, I've been having issues. I downloaded some updates the day the issues started, but the pc crashed before the reboot that was supposed to install...
  7. BSOD 30 minutes after startup

BSOD 30 minutes after startup: Hi,I recently did a fresh install of Windows, upgrading to Windows 11. For the first week it was working well, but after today, I've been having issues. I downloaded some updates the day the issues started, but the pc crashed before the reboot that was supposed to install...
  8. Windows\system32\drivers\wdfilter. sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows\system32\drivers\wdfilter. sys: Plz can anyone help. I have complete startup failure and this keeps coming up. Any clues as to how I can sort it Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windowssystem32driverswdfilter-sys/768ceaaf-6931-4c8a-a7de-26c2dd914561
  9. BSOD after 20 minutes

BSOD after 20 minutes: Hello, after building a new Skylake based Windows 10 64 bit machine to house my GPU with a friend (who does such things for a living) I am experiencing weird BSOD behaviour. The machine gets a BSOD after 20 minutes (irrespective of what I am doing at the moment) and...
  10. BSOD after 10-20 minutes of gaming

BSOD after 10-20 minutes of gaming: Hello, First of all,thanks for helping me.I`ve had this issue for a year now.I`ve tried memtest/CPU and GPU stress test.Everything was fine,temperature was ok. I included the required files. Thanks for your time, Alex UPDATE:GPU it`s fine and i`ve managed to fix it...