Windows 10: BSOD - 2x+ / day

Discus and support BSOD - 2x+ / day in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi , Recently , I think in April , after an W10 update I started getting BSOD daily . I waited for around 3 weeks for another update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mikeo09, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Mikeo09 Win User

BSOD - 2x+ / day

Hi ,

Recently , I think in April , after an W10 update I started getting BSOD daily .

I waited for around 3 weeks for another update that will fix my problem . There was another small update , no blue screens for 3-4 day , and another update that ramp it up to 2+ blue screens /day .

Fixes I tried :

I had w10 version 1909 at the time , and I did a fresh w10 install , with disk format , same version . Same problems , blue screen in less than 24 h .

Afterwards I installed w10 again, version 1903 , late november , when I never had any issues what so ever . I did updated the 1903 version with the latest updates for it , then stop them . Same problem - BSOD in under 24h .

Hardware :

In 4 years since I have this laptop , Asus G751jy , I had 2 or 3 BSOD , and now I get at least 1/day .

No new hardware was added recently .

I did run multiple hardware checks for ram , ssd , update & reinstall all drivers , with DDU - for the gpu .

I've also checked for malware - and I didn't find anything .

BSOD - Error codes !!!

At first the blue screens were happening wen I was browsing CHROME . This changed and now it happens randomly .

At the same time with the BSOD I started getting Chrome errors , witch I never did before " Aw .......... " .

There are multiple error codes , not just one and I did tried various fixes for most of them .

Starting with the latest today :

1- Driver irql not less or equal ; what failed : ACPI.sys

2- Page fault in nonpaged area I get this error in chrome too

3- Driver irql not less or equal ; What failed : tcpip.sys x2

4- Page fault in nonpaged area ; What failed : npfs.sys

5- System service exception ; What failed : dxgkrnl.sys x2

6- Page fault in nonpaged area

7- Irql not less or equal

8- kernel security check failure

I need to know if it's a hardware problem maybe my ssd - samsung SM951 , or driver / software related .

Thank you !

:)

Mikeo09, Jun 23, 2020
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. axe0 Win User
    BSOD Every few days. Usually SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION.

Hi Gaklord,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Please remove MSI Afterburner, this software is known for causing BSOD's.

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

BSOD - 2x+ / day [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window.

Have you tried a clean install after upgrading?

4. cplpro Win User

BSOD - 2x+ / day

7 different BSoD

Hey guys,

I have a serious problem. I make it as short as possible:

• system runs 100 % fine with the 10.12
    • updatet to Catalyst 11.1 -> BSoD
    • updatet to 11.1 Hotfix -> BSoD
    • rollback to 10.12 -> BSoD
    • removed ALL AMD files manually, installed 10.12 -> BSoD
    • Temps are fine
    • no sfc /scannow errors
    • no chkdsk errors
    • Prime, Furmark all fine
    • regardless what driver I install -> BSoD
    • I did no hw changes, no OC
    Here are my BSoDs I receive:
    • 0x0000010e
    • 0x1000007e
    • 0x0000007e
    • 0x0000004e
    • 0x0000003b
    • dxgmms1.sys
    • PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    They all refer to the GPU of course ...

From now on I receive a BSoD every time I try to play a game (especially BC2 and SC II) even if I completely remove the old driver and make a clean install.
    Apparently the 11.1 damaged my system irreparable.

Any advice or info would be very much appreciated *Smile BSOD - 2x+ / day :)

cplpro, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

BSOD - 2x+ / day

1. BSOD - 2x+ / day - Similar Threads - BSOD 2x+

2. BSOD Crash when using Bluetooth PAN to connect to phone. Get invalid mdl range error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Crash when using Bluetooth PAN to connect to phone. Get invalid mdl range error: On a Surface Pro 7+ running the latest version available of Windows 11. EVERY TIME I connect to a phone via BT PAN I get the BSOD error 'Invalid MDL Range'. I've reset all network adapters, updated all drivers via windows update and intel. Seems like the exact same issue...
  3. BSOD Crash when using Bluetooth PAN to connect to phone. Get invalid mdl range error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Crash when using Bluetooth PAN to connect to phone. Get invalid mdl range error: On a Surface Pro 7+ running the latest version available of Windows 11. EVERY TIME I connect to a phone via BT PAN I get the BSOD error 'Invalid MDL Range'. I've reset all network adapters, updated all drivers via windows update and intel. Seems like the exact same issue...
  4. I need help analysing my minidump files. BSOD 2x a day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help analysing my minidump files. BSOD 2x a day: Been averaging two BSOD a day of the driver irql_less_or_not_equaltried fixes and all drivers are updated and still it happens. been this way since i windows forced me to download win11. it is very tiring. my device is near unusableLink is hereMinidump pw is 111...
  5. I need help analysing my minidump files. BSOD 2x a day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help analysing my minidump files. BSOD 2x a day: Been averaging two BSOD a day of the driver irql_less_or_not_equaltried fixes and all drivers are updated and still it happens. been this way since i windows forced me to download win11. it is very tiring. my device is near unusableLink is hereMinidump pw is 111...
  6. 2X BSOD wich had lead to system slowdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    2X BSOD wich had lead to system slowdown: i have had 2x BSOD in one night and the next morning after the system has had slowdowns along with audio stutter code was a 3bMemory but ive ran a memory check and a disk check and have recieved no errors...
  7. BSOD 2x on the same day. Minidump files included.

BSOD 2x on the same day. Minidump files included.: Hoping I can get to the bottom of this. Looking for assistance finding out why this happened. http://www.filedropper.com/020620-9359-01 http://www.filedropper.com/020620-9171-01...
  8. BSOD 2x today

BSOD 2x today: My windows 10 PC crashed twice without running any CPU-demanding applications. This PC has been fairly reliable until now. Needs help to debug. BlueScreen view seems to indicate the problem is related to hal.dll and ntoskrnl.exe as follows: [ATTACH] The minidump file:...
  9. 2x bsods: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION

2x bsods: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION: I have imaged a computer lab with a Windows 10 image and I seem to be having issues with only one model in particular, Dell Optiplex 790's which technically Dell does not have Win 10 drivers for. I imaged with Windows 10 Education x64 v1511. I am currently experiencing 2...
  10. New Build - Win10 Home x64 - 2x BSODs, Partial Boot Issue

New Build - Win10 Home x64 - 2x BSODs, Partial Boot Issue: I've built an entirely new system over the last few days and I'm having some unexpected issues with Windows 10 Home x64 and it's driving me insane. This new build, and all components in the build are brand new... Software wise, I purchased a new key and used the Microsoft...