Windows 10: BSOD 2x today

Discus and support BSOD 2x today in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My windows 10 PC crashed twice without running any CPU-demanding applications. This PC has been fairly reliable until now. Needs help to debug.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by alexning1, Jul 19, 2019.

1. alexning1 Win User

BSOD 2x today

My windows 10 PC crashed twice without running any CPU-demanding applications. This PC has been fairly reliable until now. Needs help to debug. BlueScreen view seems to indicate the problem is related to hal.dll and ntoskrnl.exe as follows:

BSOD 2x today 5008b002-60be-4c0a-90d7-cdb03eca2736?upload=true.jpg

The minidump file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am5vtkiY8rZ0hPEwP-XP2AaEq4yUiQ

:)

alexning1, Jul 19, 2019
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. cplpro Win User
    7 different BSoD

Hey guys,

I have a serious problem. I make it as short as possible:

• system runs 100 % fine with the 10.12
    • updatet to Catalyst 11.1 -> BSoD
    • updatet to 11.1 Hotfix -> BSoD
    • rollback to 10.12 -> BSoD
    • removed ALL AMD files manually, installed 10.12 -> BSoD
    • Temps are fine
    • no sfc /scannow errors
    • no chkdsk errors
    • Prime, Furmark all fine
    • regardless what driver I install -> BSoD
    • I did no hw changes, no OC
    Here are my BSoDs I receive:
    • 0x0000010e
    • 0x1000007e
    • 0x0000007e
    • 0x0000004e
    • 0x0000003b
    • dxgmms1.sys
    • PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    They all refer to the GPU of course ...

From now on I receive a BSoD every time I try to play a game (especially BC2 and SC II) even if I completely remove the old driver and make a clean install.
    Apparently the 11.1 damaged my system irreparable.

Any advice or info would be very much appreciated *Smile BSOD 2x today :)

cplpro, Jul 19, 2019
  4. zbook Win User

BSOD 2x today

BSOD when updating W10 Insider Preview (installation)

The BSOD minidump did not display a definitive misbehaving driver.
    All of the BSOD have been C2 Bad pool caller.
    The suggested steps for finding cause and effect are RAM testing with Memtest86+ version 5.01 and Windows driver verifier.
    If the Memtest86+ version 5.01 displays malfunctioning RAM / DIMM /MB then the troubleshooting will be completed once the hardware component is identified. If the Memtest86+ version 5.01 is negative then the next step would be windows driver verifier.
    If you prefer a clean install that is another option if hardware is ruled out.

The memory dump will take a while to download. So it will be troubleshooted later today.

zbook, Jul 19, 2019
Thema:

BSOD 2x today

1. BSOD 2x today - Similar Threads - BSOD today

2. Multiple BSOD Recently Today it BSOD'd 10 times. . Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSOD Recently Today it BSOD'd 10 times. . Windows 11 Pro: Hello!Recently my PC started bluescreening. It bluescreened 10 times just today, and prior to that, a couple of days ago once.It started after windows installed a problematic? update. "Windows 11, version 22H2". This update did not install properly, I had to use system...
  3. Multiple BSOD Recently Today it BSOD'd 10 times. . Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple BSOD Recently Today it BSOD'd 10 times. . Windows 11 Pro: Hello!Recently my PC started bluescreening. It bluescreened 10 times just today, and prior to that, a couple of days ago once.It started after windows installed a problematic? update. "Windows 11, version 22H2". This update did not install properly, I had to use system...
  4. I got a lot of BSODs today, please help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got a lot of BSODs today, please help!: Just yesterday there's nothing wrong with my laptop, suddenly this morning I got a BSODThe stop code is Whea_uncorrectable_errorI ran the diagnostics tool and found out that there's nothing wrong with my cpu, ram and storageOverheating is not the cause because just now I get...
  5. I got a lot of BSODs today, please help!

I got a lot of BSODs today, please help!: Just yesterday there's nothing wrong with my laptop, suddenly this morning I got a BSODThe stop code is Whea_uncorrectable_errorI ran the diagnostics tool and found out that there's nothing wrong with my cpu, ram and storageOverheating is not the cause because just now I get...
  6. I got a lot of BSODs today, please help!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. BSOD multiple times today - Dump file included

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD multiple times today - Dump file included: I've attached the latest file from my minidump folder here. My computer has crashed 5 times this morning.I followed these steps already:-Right click on start, run PowerShelladmin or Command PromptadminCopy and paste the following command:DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image...
  8. BSOD multiple times today - Dump file included

BSOD multiple times today - Dump file included: I've attached the latest file from my minidump folder here. My computer has crashed 5 times this morning.I followed these steps already:-Right click on start, run PowerShelladmin or Command PromptadminCopy and paste the following command:DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image...
  9. My laptop disconnects from WIFI and doesn't reconnect. Today it showed BSOD kernel security...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop disconnects from WIFI and doesn't reconnect. Today it showed BSOD kernel security...: Hello, i have an HP Pavilion 15-dk1xxx.From months i've been having this issue that it's not always present : Wifi connection drops, and when i try to reconnect it says it's not possible. Then when i go to advanced settings to disable and re-enable the wifi adapter it usually...
  10. My laptop disconnects from WIFI and doesn't reconnect. Today it showed BSOD kernel security...

My laptop disconnects from WIFI and doesn't reconnect. Today it showed BSOD kernel security...: Hello, i have an HP Pavilion 15-dk1xxx.From months i've been having this issue that it's not always present : Wifi connection drops, and when i try to reconnect it says it's not possible. Then when i go to advanced settings to disable and re-enable the wifi adapter it usually...