Windows 10: BSOD 2x today

Discus and support BSOD 2x today in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My windows 10 PC crashed twice without running any CPU-demanding applications. This PC has been fairly reliable until now. Needs help to debug.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by alexning1, Jul 19, 2019.

1. alexning1 Win User

BSOD 2x today

My windows 10 PC crashed twice without running any CPU-demanding applications. This PC has been fairly reliable until now. Needs help to debug. BlueScreen view seems to indicate the problem is related to hal.dll and ntoskrnl.exe as follows:

BSOD 2x today 5008b002-60be-4c0a-90d7-cdb03eca2736?upload=true.jpg

The minidump file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am5vtkiY8rZ0hPEwP-XP2AaEq4yUiQ

:)

alexning1, Jul 19, 2019
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. cplpro Win User
    7 different BSoD

Hey guys,

I have a serious problem. I make it as short as possible:

• system runs 100 % fine with the 10.12
    • updatet to Catalyst 11.1 -> BSoD
    • updatet to 11.1 Hotfix -> BSoD
    • rollback to 10.12 -> BSoD
    • removed ALL AMD files manually, installed 10.12 -> BSoD
    • Temps are fine
    • no sfc /scannow errors
    • no chkdsk errors
    • Prime, Furmark all fine
    • regardless what driver I install -> BSoD
    • I did no hw changes, no OC
    Here are my BSoDs I receive:
    • 0x0000010e
    • 0x1000007e
    • 0x0000007e
    • 0x0000004e
    • 0x0000003b
    • dxgmms1.sys
    • PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    They all refer to the GPU of course ...

From now on I receive a BSoD every time I try to play a game (especially BC2 and SC II) even if I completely remove the old driver and make a clean install.
    Apparently the 11.1 damaged my system irreparable.

Any advice or info would be very much appreciated *Smile BSOD 2x today :)

cplpro, Jul 19, 2019
  4. zbook Win User

BSOD 2x today

BSOD when updating W10 Insider Preview (installation)

The BSOD minidump did not display a definitive misbehaving driver.
    All of the BSOD have been C2 Bad pool caller.
    The suggested steps for finding cause and effect are RAM testing with Memtest86+ version 5.01 and Windows driver verifier.
    If the Memtest86+ version 5.01 displays malfunctioning RAM / DIMM /MB then the troubleshooting will be completed once the hardware component is identified. If the Memtest86+ version 5.01 is negative then the next step would be windows driver verifier.
    If you prefer a clean install that is another option if hardware is ruled out.

The memory dump will take a while to download. So it will be troubleshooted later today.

zbook, Jul 19, 2019
Thema:

BSOD 2x today

1. BSOD 2x today - Similar Threads - BSOD today

2. Had 3 BSOD's today, can anyone help narrow down a fix by reading the dump logs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Had 3 BSOD's today, can anyone help narrow down a fix by reading the dump logs: My PC (Intel i7-9700k, RTX 2070, 16gb 3200MHz DDR4) has been having a lot of issues today, starting whilst playing the new modern warfare which kept crashing to desktop then a blue screen whilst playing. I decided to re-install the game as I read online that if you paused the...
  3. BSOD 3 times today, all separate reasons.

BSOD 3 times today, all separate reasons.: I've had three BSOD today, and am sick of it. It kept happening a couple of weeks ago, usually whenever I'm watching youtube. I disassembled the computer, and cleaned every component, including all fans and the heat sink for my water cooling system to get all the dust off,...
  4. I'm got BSOD two times today namely "memory managment error" and "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA".

I'm got BSOD two times today namely "memory managment error" and "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA".: minidump file https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Q87izH6mA42tCl2f40Ik2lcW7AY-2crY My system freezing unexpectedly like mouse moves as it carrying an elephant with it. (Lagging) It happens after the accidental power failure in running but it has happened some times before...
  5. I'm got BSOD two times today namely "memory managment error" and "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA".

I'm got BSOD two times today namely "memory managment error" and "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA".: This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1AA0C0) Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x3453, 0xFFFFAB8645E8F280, 0x1B5E00, 0x3) Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe This was probably caused by the following module:...
  6. BSOD's randomly since I built my computer about 3 months ago, 3 today

BSOD's randomly since I built my computer about 3 months ago, 3 today: Ever since I put together my computer back in early October, I have been getting random BSOD's while trying to play games such as Fortnite, CS:GO, BO4, and R6S. When I built my computer, I copied Windows over from an old Western Digital 500GB on to a Samsung 970 Evo 250GB...
  7. got 4 bsods today from using discord and sharing my screen

got 4 bsods today from using discord and sharing my screen: attached logs. says something about usb device. can you say which usb periperal is making me Bsod? also is there a reason my laptop does not restart after writing logs? i have checked settings and auto restart is on. this has caused many on my bsod dumps not to be saved 118209
  8. BSOD twice today browsing web or playing gta|Kernal Power Event ID: 41

BSOD twice today browsing web or playing gta|Kernal Power Event ID: 41: Hello I have been having trouble with my pc in the past month as it will randomly restart on its own while browsing or gaming The event log always shows: Event 6008: The previous system shutdown at X:XX:XX PM (approx 20 minutes before error is logged) on ‎X/XX/‎XXXX was...
  9. BSOD Returns after 3 months, then twice today

BSOD Returns after 3 months, then twice today: I appreciate any assistance you can offer me. Thank you for your time and your skills 48588
  10. trio of BSOD today - Driver IRQL Not Less or Equal and other

trio of BSOD today - Driver IRQL Not Less or Equal and other: hi all Trio of BSODS today, all while running the xbox app and streaming today. Of note, I am not at home, if that makes a difference. This did happen last week as well but just once. I rebooted and nothing bad happened until today. Nothing really has changed in the...