Windows 10: BSOD ~50% of the time during startup, ~20% of the time while gaming

Discus and support BSOD ~50% of the time during startup, ~20% of the time while gaming in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello all - Frequently having BSOD issues during startup. It will collect, claim it will restart (it never does), which requires me to hard shut down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SnellyBoy, Aug 19, 2019.

1. SnellyBoy Win User

BSOD ~50% of the time during startup, ~20% of the time while gaming

Hello all -

Frequently having BSOD issues during startup. It will collect, claim it will restart (it never does), which requires me to hard shut down the machine.

The other half of the time, I'm able to log in, open a game (League of Legends most recently), and it will either BSOD, or bugsplat.

I've only had this machine for maybe two months and it has never behaved 100%. I'm not savvy enough with error logs to understand if what's happening is hardware or software. I did do a clean Windows install but it didn't seem to help much. Hoping for some help!

DESKTOP-SOFS0HE-(2019-08-19_20-17-37).zip

:)

SnellyBoy, Aug 19, 2019

2. Nvlddmkm.sys BSOD on startup?

The problem is the laptop (specs in signature) not rig in system specs.

Sometimes when I switch it on, Vista loads normally.
    Other times, just after the horizontal 'loading' bars and before the Vista orb appears, I get a BSOD of Nvlddmkm.sys or Nvlddmkm.dll then the laptop reboots, BSOD's, reboots... it can happen like 5 times!

I've been googling all morning but apparently there's no solution to this?

It does the BSOD only during startup. Once Vista loads, it never BSODs not even during a game.

Black Panther, Aug 19, 2019
  3. Date and Time

Hi Roman,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to change the Date and Time format from Control Panel and check. Also select the time zone as UTC-5.00 Eastern Time.

After changing the setting, I suggest you to set “Windows Time” service as automatic. Follow the steps provided below.

• Press Windows logo Key + R key.
    • Type services.msc
    • Right click on Windows Time service.
    • Select Properties.
    • Under startup type drop down, change it to Automatic.
    • Click on Apply button and OK button.
    Restart your computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Aug 19, 2019
  4. BSOD ~50% of the time during startup, ~20% of the time while gaming

BSOD at random times, most frequently while playing games

Here you have:

Virtual Memory

BSOD ~50% of the time during startup, ~20% of the time while gaming [​IMG]

Startup and recovery

BSOD ~50% of the time during startup, ~20% of the time while gaming [​IMG]

Adangonsol, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

BSOD ~50% of the time during startup, ~20% of the time while gaming

1. BSOD ~50% of the time during startup, ~20% of the time while gaming - Similar Threads - BSOD ~50% during

2. BSOD error during startup every time. It gets stuck at 100 percent

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD error during startup every time. It gets stuck at 100 percent: Whenever i start my computer it shows atomatic repair and then diagonosing your pc and then attempting repairs and then it shows BSOD stuck at 100 percent and everytime with different stop code. I am not able to even reach the login screen....
  3. timed games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    timed games: Still with the problems. You guys are supposedly tech savvy. Why cant you stop a clock in Microsoft solitare????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/timed-games/725afc87-6e12-4f89-98ba-c8f1154ecb30
  4. PC crashing each time while Gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashing each time while Gaming: My OS crashed each time I play games like FIfa 15 or CS GO. Had the issue when I was on win 8 and has now persisted in windows 10 as well. So first the the output from graphics card disappears afer 4-5 mins of usage and then PC freezes with some looping noise from the...
  5. BSOD at random times, most frequently while playing games

BSOD at random times, most frequently while playing games: Hello, I just build a new computer and I've been having some issues, random BSOD have appeared but it is more frequently while playing games. If any extra information is needed, please let me know. Thank's. 103735
  6. BSOD Random times, while gaming, while resting

BSOD Random times, while gaming, while resting: Im having issues with a BSOD at random times, It used to say Kernal Security check failure. I now do not see any error codes it may restart before i see it. It does Auto Restart. My PC has the following Specs: OS: Windows 10 MB: AsRock Z170 Gaming k6 CPU: Intel core i7...
  7. BSOD while playing video games 5 times in two days

BSOD while playing video games 5 times in two days: I got BSOD 5 times in two days on my new computer that I built recently, the message has changed to "KERNEL SECURITY CHECK ERROR" after I've updated my drivers yesterday, attached is program report thingy you guys use here, thank you for your help! 28908
  8. bsod screen at random times during use

bsod screen at random times during use: My pc was bumped over on its side several days ago and now it is giving me bsod randomly at times. My temperatures are good on both my cpu and gpu. I ran windows disk checks on both SSD's and also a memory check which all reported good. The bsod screens seem to be completely...
  9. BSOD during times of inactivity.

BSOD during times of inactivity.: Hi All, New member here hoping someone can help with my persistent BSOD issues. I've been getting BSOD's with my new Lenovo P510 Windows 10 Workstation. They seem to happen during a time when there's no user activity. I've seen the system restart because of BSOD's...
  10. BSOD from time to time while playing games

BSOD from time to time while playing games: Hello all, I have a problem when playing certain games- I get crash caused by atikmpag.sys. Before that I had problem with atikmdag.sys. Sometimes I can play few days without crash, sometimes i get a crash. For example, in gta 4 i get a crash after 2mins. GPU is MSI...