Windows 10: BSOD 9F Driver_Power_State_failure after update from Win 8.1 to 10

Discus and support BSOD 9F Driver_Power_State_failure after update from Win 8.1 to 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone! I updated to Windows 10 some weeks ago, and have since had problems with BSODs during both reboots and shutdowns. Also, my USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by coolsocks, Aug 23, 2015.

1. coolsocks Win User

BSOD 9F Driver_Power_State_failure after update from Win 8.1 to 10

Hello everyone!

I updated to Windows 10 some weeks ago, and have since had problems with BSODs during both reboots and shutdowns. Also, my USB devices are only recognized if they're connected before boot and will not work if they're plugged out and in when my PC is running. I didn't have these problems before I upgraded.

I've included my three latest crashdumps in the zip. Thank you for any help you can provide! *Smile

:)

coolsocks, Aug 23, 2015
  2. auggy Win User

BSOD - DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)

That's good news you solved the problem. Thanks for letting us know.

auggy, Aug 23, 2015
  3. BSOD - DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)

I tried upload it again but Onedrive still cannot scan my dump file.

Uploaded it to dropbox.

Dropbox - Link not found

Zixiao Zhao, Aug 23, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Please upload a new zip file, a necessary file is mission.

5. coolsocks Win User
    Sorry, this one should work. *Smile

coolsocks, Aug 24, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    Hi coolsock,

Please fill in your system specs
    click on user cp in the right side of the top of the page > my settings list on the left side on the page> 2nd from above, there can you fill in your system specs.
    The crashes are caused by 3 drivers

• Intel wifi driver
    • Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver (IRST)
    • Nvidia Video driver.

Please check your manufacturer for updates compatible with windows 10.
    Are you using IRST, if not it is recommended to disable it.
    For Nvidia, try disabling the Nvidia Streaming Kernel Service in msconfig.Search msconfig > go to the tab services > Search Nvidia Streaming Kernel Service > Uncheck it > Apply and reboot if asked.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD 9F Driver_Power_State_failure after update from Win 8.1 to 10 - Similar Threads - BSOD Driver_Power_State_failure update

2. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f error: Hi, i got this error while playing some games and sometimes when idle dumpfiles : https://www.dropbox.com/s/7fxept791zucaz2/052423-11218-01.dmp?dl=0Spec : System Model: X550VXKProcessor: IntelR CoreTM i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz 8 CPUsCard name: IntelR HD Graphics 630Card name:...
  3. Problems with "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f" BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f" BSOD: Hello Community,the past few days I've been trying to fix issues that I'm having with my PC.The issues are the following: Random BSOD's with the error code "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f", my audio devices stop working and after that happens my game just freezes and the whole...
  4. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f BSOD: Hello everyone,I'm having trouble with a constant blue screen after upgrading my computer's hardware. I have a Windows 10 Pro version 21H2 install, and i just changed out the GPU, CPU to an Intel i5 12600K, Ram to 32gb G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series, and Motherboard to a Gigabyte...
  5. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f BSOD: Hello everyone,I'm having trouble with a constant blue screen after upgrading my computer's hardware. I have a Windows 10 Pro version 21H2 install, and i just changed out the GPU, CPU to an Intel i5 12600K, Ram to 32gb G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series, and Motherboard to a Gigabyte...
  6. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f: Hello,I purchased a new laptop, and I've been constantly getting crashes due to the same error code: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f. I tried a couple of options, made sure all drivers are up-to-date, but none helped. Is it possible to get some help? Here are the 5 Minidump...
  8. BSoD Error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f

BSoD Error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f: Hi guys, I have been using my PC for past 4 years and recently every time I shut down my PC, it take 5+ minutes to do so. However booting hardly takes any time Approx. 1 min but If I am hibernating or restating my PC, I always get BSoD with Stop Code - DRIVER POWER STATE...
  9. BSOD: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f) and VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR after update to Windows...

BSOD: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f) and VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR after update to Windows...: I've been experiencing BSODs with increasing frequency - up to a few times a day - and the occurrences seem to be random: whether idle, under load, on batter power (and battery saver) or on AC power. As far as I can remember, they started after updating to Windows 10 1903....
  10. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f) HELP

BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f) HELP: Hi guys, I very recently bought an asus zenbook UX461UA , windows 10 64 bit installed. the problem that i have is big...When my computer is charging sometimes the screen freezes for good and never gets back to normal , ocasionaly a BSOD is thrown . It seems like the...