Windows 10: BSOD a few minutes after start up

Discus and support BSOD a few minutes after start up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer has DPC Watchdog violation after a few min of start up, but when I restart its fine. Next time I start it would go into BSOD again and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Not Tom, May 6, 2022.

1. Not Tom Win User

BSOD a few minutes after start up

My computer has DPC Watchdog violation after a few min of start up, but when I restart its fine. Next time I start it would go into BSOD again and repeat. Please ask me if you need more info, and thank you.

:)

Not Tom, May 6, 2022
  2. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, May 6, 2022
  3. axe0 Win User
    CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT After Leaving PC for 5-10 Minutes

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

BSOD a few minutes after start up [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window.

The 0x101(CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT) is mostly caused by BIOS or hardware problem, the challenge is to find software problems.
    I suggest to update your BIOS.
    Code:
    Code:
    BIOS Version:              American Megatrends Inc. 2001   , 7/8/2011
    Attachment 51031

axe0, May 6, 2022
  4. Arul_D Win User

BSOD when starting games on Win 10

Hi Gibbinold,

Thank you for Replying back with the status of this issue.

Try the steps and check if it helps to resolve your issue.

Step 1: You can update drivers from the Device Manager and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to update drivers from the Device Manager:

• Right click on Start button, type
      Device Manager andEnter.

• Find the drivers which needs to be installed and also see if there are any warning symbols. If yes update the drivers.
    • Right click and click on Properties, and go to Driver tab and click on
      Update driver.
    Step 2: I would suggest you to update your graphic card drivers and check if it helps.

You can update drivers from the Device Manager.

• Right click on start button and click on Device manager.
      • Select Display Drivers.
      • Right click on the Display drivers and select Properties
      • Click on the device tab and select Update driver.
    Also I would suggest you to check for BIOS updates from the Manufacturer Website and check if it helps.

Try the above step and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thanks.

Arul_D, May 6, 2022
Thema:

1. BSOD a few minutes after start up - Similar Threads - BSOD few minutes

2. My computer keeps crashing after a few minutes of starting up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer keeps crashing after a few minutes of starting up: my computer keeps crashing and restarting over and over. It gives me this Stop code: ACPI_BIOS_ERROR https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-keeps-crashing-after-a-few-minutes-of/ef9b0bea-b6b6-4c05-96f9-2ae1134c6e50
  3. Freezes a few minutes after start up, any reason as to why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Freezes a few minutes after start up, any reason as to why?: Newly built pc about a month old, everything was running great till about a week ago. After logging in, it would do its normal thing and start everything up and get it ready about 3-5 minutes in it just freezes, unresponsive, screen is still on and pc fans are still running....
  4. Freezes a few minutes after start up, any reason as to why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Freezes a few minutes after start up, any reason as to why?: Newly built pc about a month old, everything was running great till about a week ago. After logging in, it would do its normal thing and start everything up and get it ready about 3-5 minutes in it just freezes, unresponsive, screen is still on and pc fans are still running....
  5. BSOD a few minutes after start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD a few minutes after start up: My computer has a DPC Watchdog violation after a few min of start-up, but when I restart it's fine. Next time I start it would go into BSOD again and repeat. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MQXZQZhVteTSbYPQXF_Yuf43KNad9sjR?usp=sharing here is the minidump folder. I...
  6. BSOD a few minutes after start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD a few minutes after start up: My computer has a DPC Watchdog violation after a few min of start-up, but when I restart it's fine. Next time I start it would go into BSOD again and repeat. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MQXZQZhVteTSbYPQXF_Yuf43KNad9sjR?usp=sharing here is the minidump folder. I...
  7. BSOD a few minutes after start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. BSoD constantly happening few minutes after starting laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSoD constantly happening few minutes after starting laptop: Hello! Today I started getting BSoD out of nowhere. I've tried running "sfc /scannow" but that told me everything is fine, I've also tried "clean boot", but even then I again got the BSoD, and everytime I get the blue screen it's weirdly zoomed in, and thus I can't see what...
  9. Bsod after few minutes of sleep

Bsod after few minutes of sleep: Hello people my pc goes off when i want to sleep it first the monitor turn off but other hardware working till few minutes. it worked fine till last two days this is my first topic about this problem Windows 10 is not going to sleep anymore please if anyone help read...
  10. BSOD after a few minutes of idle

BSOD after a few minutes of idle: After leaving my computer alone for a few minutes my computer restarts with a REGISTRY_ERROR BSOD. I have disabled ".NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319 Critical" and ".NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319 64 Critical" and also ran sfc/scannow with no integrity violation. I uninstalled...