Windows 10: BSOD - a lot of them, hal.dll, and ntoskrnl.exe crashes

Discus and support BSOD - a lot of them, hal.dll, and ntoskrnl.exe crashes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently my Windows 10 Version 1903, OS Build 18362.836 is undergoing a lot of BSOD. DPC Watchdog Violation mainly. hal.dll, and ntoskrnl.exe many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by abcasda, Jun 27, 2020.

1. abcasda Win User

BSOD - a lot of them, hal.dll, and ntoskrnl.exe crashes

Recently my Windows 10 Version 1903, OS Build 18362.836 is undergoing a lot of BSOD. DPC Watchdog Violation mainly. hal.dll, and ntoskrnl.exe many times and once storahci.sys, revealed by BlueScreenView v1.55 from NirSoft.

5 Minidumps from C:\Windows\Minidump: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmNQ5fGL0GEfgqoeQAPQadKpOa4v6Q?e=A7quzR

Looking for help. Can anyone identify what exactly is the problem?

:)

abcasda, Jun 27, 2020
  2. DrgnGd Win User

Hal.dll and ntoskrnl.exe BSOD

Hello All,

I just built a new system yesterday and keep getting BSOD caused by Hal.dll and ntoskrnl.exe according to BlueScreenView. I usually takes 10-15 minutes of running for me to BSOD. I have ran stress tests on my GPU and GPU and neither of them caused crashes.
    I have re-installed windows, re-installed all the drivers, run system checks, ran Memtest86 with no errors.

I have a ryzen 3700x, rtx 2080, asrock gamer pro 4.

Looking for any help I can get.

DrgnGd, Jun 27, 2020
  3. BSOD/Crash in hal.dll/pshed.dll/ntoskrnl.exe - Tried everything, at a loss.

Hi Kevin,

hal.dll and ntoskrnl.exe as a crash reason usually indicate hardware problems. 6x memtest run mean you've used fast test. It may not find a problems, please run as thorough test as possible.

Is your memory in motherboard's compatibility list?

Please check for updated BIOS and SSD firmware.

Igor Leyko, Jun 27, 2020
  4. BSOD - a lot of them, hal.dll, and ntoskrnl.exe crashes

[Win 10] [BSOD] hal.dll crash

Hi All,

I think I've got issues with hal.dll (specifically hal.dll+4e490) that's causing BSODs.

Had 4 BSODs with bug check code 133 within the past 3 months.

I've had a look at the minidumps in BlueScreenView - all lead to the same stack trace before crash of:

hal.dll hal.dll+4e490

ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+xxxxx

I'm not sure what I'm doing with WinDbg (and therefore haven't got symbols set up, etc), however WinDbg suggested that the cause was ntoskrnl.exe

Minidumps:

1) 012517-11421-01.zip

2) 020117-12390-01.zip

3) 101516-6437-01.zip

4) 112316-7875-01.zip

Any help or pointers would be really appreciated.

If there's any extra info you require, I'll provide it ASAP.

Thank you in advance!

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

huwcbjones, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

BSOD - a lot of them, hal.dll, and ntoskrnl.exe crashes

1. BSOD - a lot of them, hal.dll, and ntoskrnl.exe crashes - Similar Threads - BSOD lot hal

2. ntoskrnl bsod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ntoskrnl bsod: My pc has been bsod-ing for 2-3 years now and i recently decided to try and fix it. I use bluescreen view and always see that the bsods are always caused by ntoskrnl.exe. heres all of the stuff ive to try and fix it.Used 1 8gb ram stick at a timeused different ram slotsused...
  3. ntoskrnl BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ntoskrnl BSOD: Hello, I have quite a persistent problem here.I often get BSOD or straight out system restarts the latter don't have any trace in minidump. In the past few days, they were too recurrent and got to a point where I had to reinstall Windows because my laptop actually got slowed...
  4. ntoskrnl BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ntoskrnl BSOD: Hello, I have quite a persistent problem here.I often get BSOD or straight out system restarts the latter don't have any trace in minidump. In the past few days, they were too recurrent and got to a point where I had to reinstall Windows because my laptop actually got slowed...
  5. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: KUKutter_UKFirstly, I would like to say that I am posting this again because after having an instant reply from an 'Andrew', and posting my dmp files as requested on July 24th I haven't heard anything back since! I have responded a couple of times but nothing is happening to...
  6. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: Hi there, My new machine around 8 months old now runs perfectly most of the time. Uptime 3 - 6 weeks at a time. NO issues at all - I am a heavy PC user: Gaming, Audio Work and some 3D modelling, so my machine goes through its paces.Every now and then on boot, I get the error...
  7. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe: My computer has crashed a few times often when i play games. I bought more ram because i thought that it was the issue but it didn't help. It did work a few days but then the crashes came back. After that i fixed the BSOD´s by lowering the graphics and the resolution on the...
  8. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0: Help. Getting 4-5 of these a day. Running latest Windows 10 Pro, Xibo signboard, Docker with Xibo server. Always the same 'Caused By Address'. Put in new memory, ran memory test, no errors, all drivers up to date. Change disk type to AHCA, made sure windows driver was...
  9. Bsod ntoskrnl

Bsod ntoskrnl: Hi guys, Any help would be massively appreciated. My computer is BSOD at least two times a day. As far as I can tell, all drivers are up to date including Nvidia. Could somebody take a look at the attached and let me know if you find anything? I've ran a system check...
  10. NTOSKRNL Crash

NTOSKRNL Crash: Hey guys, I have been having an issue with my computer randomly shutting off (when I am not near the computer). My PC almost almost posts a BSOD when I manually restart or shutdown the computer. I have checked the dump logs, which point back to ntoskrnl.exe as the problem. I...