Windows 10: BSOD about once daily on a fresh machine, even after reinstalling OS

Discus and support BSOD about once daily on a fresh machine, even after reinstalling OS in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey folks. I recently built my first gaming PC around the 31st, and around the 9th I started having BSODs daily (If anything changed I don't remember... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by graphics bard, Aug 19, 2020.

1. BSOD about once daily on a fresh machine, even after reinstalling OS

Hey folks. I recently built my first gaming PC around the 31st, and around the 9th I started having BSODs daily (If anything changed I don't remember what). They always point to core windows services like ntoskrnl.exe, among others. I've gotten ATTEMPTED EXECUTE NONEXECUTE MEMORY, DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL, and KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE, among several others. It doesn't seem to be tied to any particular task and often happens when I'm away doing stuff. Anything you folks could tell me about what's going on here would be a massive help.

Parts:
    Ryzen 5 3600, RTX 2070 SUPER, Trident Z RGB 8GBx2 3600
    ASRock B550 Steel Legend board, Asus AX3000 wifi adapter, EVGA Supernova 750W PSU

I had XMP set for the ram, but I turned it off when I started troubleshooting. I have not changed CPU or GPU clocks.

Windows 10 Build: 19041 x64 Education

Things I have tried:
    Run sfc /scannow
    Run DISM
    Run chkdsk
    Run memtest86 and Windows Memory Diagnostic (both passed)
    Tested RAM with Windows Memory Diagnostic and Memtest86
    Reinstalled Windows
    Reinstalled drivers for NVIDIA, B550 Chipset, Ryzen, Wifi/Bluetooth

Log Collector V2: DESKTOP-O70T9K3-(2020-08-19_17-24-24).zip - Google Drive
    I can also post my last crash dump if that helps.

Edit: added chkdsk and ram stuff to things I tried

:)

graphics bard, Aug 19, 2020

2. *RESOLUTION FOUND*Malwarebytes crashing on Win10 insider Bld. Rootkit related errors?

Ill try tomorrow am.
    Aside from OS reinstall, your suggestion is one of the only steps I haven't taken yet.

Im gonna get some sleep and come at this with a fresh head tomorrow

Thanks everyone

jboydgolfer, Aug 19, 2020
  3. BSOD DPC_Watchdog_Violation daily

Those steps are not relevant to me. In those steps it asks to check the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers for iastore.sys in the listed drivers.

I do not have iastore as a driver nor is that the files causing the BSOD.

The driver that is causing it (I got this from BlueScreenView) is nvstore.sys which is listed as the driver for three identical items in 'storage controllers' There are 4 items there. 3 of them are called NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller. Those three
    all list this nvstore.sys as their driver.

I suspect that if I could replace or fix that driver it would solve the issue based on the advice given by Annanya. Does that sound right? If so, how would I go about it?

Dan

Daniel Freitag, Aug 19, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

BSOD about once daily on a fresh machine, even after reinstalling OS

BSOD when launching Virtual Machine

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your effort on this. I understand how difficult it could be when the computer doesn’t work as it is supposed to, we will look into this for you. Please reply with the following details to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting
    steps:

• Which application are you using to create Virtual Machine?
    • Does the issue occur only when launching a Virtual Machine?
    • Have you reinstalled Windows on the computer?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

I have analyzed the dump files shared by you. Since the issue occurs when you launch Virtual Machine, I suggest you to try disabling the VMWare USB Arbitration Service and check if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Look for the VMWare USB Arbitration Service and double click on it to open
      Properties.
    4. Select Disabled from the drop down for
      Startup and Stop the service.
    5. Click on Apply and OK.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 19, 2020
Thema:

BSOD about once daily on a fresh machine, even after reinstalling OS

1. BSOD about once daily on a fresh machine, even after reinstalling OS - Similar Threads - BSOD once daily

2. Random BSOD even after reinstall OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD even after reinstall OS: Good morning, I have a problem with my computer. This is the ASUS TUF A15 FA507NV. Ryzen 7 7735HS, RTX 4060, 32 GB RAM. After the purchase, I additionally installed a 2 TB SSD. I regularly get BSOD or Frame freeze regardless of whether I'm currently gaming or browsing the...
  3. Random BSOD even after reinstall OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSOD even after reinstall OS: Good morning, I have a problem with my computer. This is the ASUS TUF A15 FA507NV. Ryzen 7 7735HS, RTX 4060, 32 GB RAM. After the purchase, I additionally installed a 2 TB SSD. I regularly get BSOD or Frame freeze regardless of whether I'm currently gaming or browsing the...
  4. Repeated Blue Screen BSOD crashes even after OS reinstall

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repeated Blue Screen BSOD crashes even after OS reinstall: hello. a few months ago I made the mistake of downloading some sketchy drivers for my pc, which caused it to crash. i was able to perform system restore, but ever since my PC has been having repeating blue screen error problems.actions taken to resolve this so far:update...
  5. BSOD after a fresh OS install.

BSOD after a fresh OS install.: Hello everyone, back again with another question.I have been having periodic blue screening issues with my PC for about 2 to 3 months now. Various things causing crashes, too long to list. It got to a point where I was so tired of having to perform various fixes that I opted...
  6. BSOD after a fresh OS install.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after a fresh OS install.: Hello everyone, back again with another question.I have been having periodic blue screening issues with my PC for about 2 to 3 months now. Various things causing crashes, too long to list. It got to a point where I was so tired of having to perform various fixes that I opted...
  7. BSOD after a fresh OS install.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Computer keeps on BSOD even after fresh reinstall.

Computer keeps on BSOD even after fresh reinstall.: Just like the title says. I have recieve Clock watchdog timeout error and kernal security check failure. Mini dump here https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkFNm46gv533gc8Z5Q0owsPwsfO64g?e=CWiLxp...
  9. BSODs even after fresh intallation

BSODs even after fresh intallation: The first one happened while I was gaming, and I had my GPU underclocked/undervolted. I figured that was the cause so I undid those but the problem persisted. After some experimenting with my GPU settings using 3DMark mostly, I started gettings some BSODs outside of the game...
  10. BSOD's intermittently after fresh reinstall

BSOD's intermittently after fresh reinstall: Hello, any help would be greatly appreciated as this frustrating problem has been happening for months. So I have a Toshiba Z20T-B laptop with a copy of Windows 10 Pro reinstalled only 3 days ago. The problems were occurring before that too. The computer has BSOD'd...