Windows 10: BSOD accompanied by display driver crashes

Discus and support BSOD accompanied by display driver crashes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Just a quick bit of background information. I have been having a lot of GPU driver crashes (Display driver has stopped working and has recovered)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by prizna, Apr 18, 2016.

1. prizna Win User

BSOD accompanied by display driver crashes

Just a quick bit of background information.

I have been having a lot of GPU driver crashes (Display driver has stopped working and has recovered) and the occasional random restart with my PC recently, I took someone's advice and prevented automatically rebooting after a BSOD so I could grab the stop message.

The strange thing is, I don't seem to get the normal BSOD screen, my PC just freezes on whatever it was on at the time, I don't know if this could be due to it being GPU/Display driver related. After checking Reliability Monitor, they are definitely listed as BSOD, so I thought best to post here for a bit more information

I have attached the zip file from the Log Tool.

thanks,

:)

prizna, Apr 18, 2016
  2. Linney Win User

Multiple BSOD

Bug Check 0x1A: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

Bug Check 0x1A MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSODs, accompanied by occasional app crashes/GPUTDR.

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSODs, accompanied by occasional app crashes/GPUTDR. - [Solved] - Windows 7

The relevant Parameter appears to be 0x41284 which means, A PTE or the working set list is corrupted, which in itself means nothing to most of us poor Windows users. I still wonder if this is not just bad RAM?

Is it possible to remove one stick of RAM for testing purposes and then test all sticks one at a time (that's is you have multiple sticks of RAM, otherwise it is a daft suggestion on my part).

Linney, Apr 18, 2016
  3. Pc Crashes (?)

Crash dumps blame the Nvidia Driver for the crash.

Completely remove everything of Nvidia using DDU:

Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 17.0.8.6

Restart the computer and then Install the newest or the previous driver from the Nvidia's website or the maker.

Watch out for a few days and see if the BSODs persist.

Sumit Dhiman2, Apr 18, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Please remove all pirated programs and such from your system before we can start troubleshooting.
    The Forum rules is meant for everything regarding piracy
    • Discussing it,
    • Asking for guidance,
    • Asking for a crack,
    • The use of it,
    • Etc.

5. prizna Win User
    Sorry i am a bit confused as to what you mean.

prizna, Apr 18, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    Code: 127.0.0.1 lmlicenses.wip4.adobe.com127.0.0.1 lm.licenses.adobe.com 127.0.0.1 na1r.services.adobe.com 127.0.0.1 hlrcv.stage.adobe.com 127.0.0.1 practivate.adobe.com 127.0.0.1 activate.adobe.com[/quote]

7. prizna Win User
    [/quote] These changes have been made? Do you want me to send another log?

prizna, Apr 18, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

I only want to make sure there is no piracy present before we start.

9. prizna Win User
    Everything should be fine now, if you wish me to update the original post with a new log, I will do so.

prizna, Apr 18, 2016
  10. axe0 New Member
    Alright, please update the BIOS to version F13 to see if that improves anything.
    GIGABYTE - Moederbord - Socket 1155 - GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 (rev. 1.0)

If another BSOD occurs, follow the BSOD Posting Instructions again, upload a new zip file and preferable include some description about what happened and what you were doing.

11. prizna Win User
    Thanks for the reply, do you have any instructions on how to update the BIOS? Is it really possible that an out of date BIOS could all of a sudden, after a long time of no problem, start causing BSOD?

prizna, Apr 18, 2016
  12. axe0 New Member
    I don't have instructions for how to update the BIOS, currently I don't have time to search for any.

It isn't that a BIOS is out of date, but more the working of it and the working of the system. The working of the system is regularly updated, the BIOS needs to be updated too to ensure no problems will occur.

13. prizna Win User

Ok, thanks for the help, I will update the BIOS in the next few days or so, and post any new information after.

prizna, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD accompanied by display driver crashes - Similar Threads - BSOD accompanied display

2. Frequent application crashes, accompanied by regular blue screens.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent application crashes, accompanied by regular blue screens.: I have been having more and more frequent application crashes on my computer, without warning or error applications will randomly close and even sometimes reopen themselves and crash again and reopen, going into a loop of opening and closing with certain applications.I have...
  3. Frequent application crashes, accompanied by regular blue screens.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent application crashes, accompanied by regular blue screens.: I have been having more and more frequent application crashes on my computer, without warning or error applications will randomly close and even sometimes reopen themselves and crash again and reopen, going into a loop of opening and closing with certain applications.I have...
  4. Display driver crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display driver crashes: My display driver keeps crashing whenever i update it, please i need help, it just goes black and i have to force shutdown to do a system restore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-driver-crashes/0ee6b1ab-cbaf-48eb-8f64-0e962935ee7e
  5. Display driver crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display driver crashes: My display driver keeps crashing whenever i update it, please i need help, it just goes black and i have to force shutdown to do a system restore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-driver-crashes/0ee6b1ab-cbaf-48eb-8f64-0e962935ee7e
  6. Display driver crashes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Display driver crash

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display driver crash: good day everyone. my computer encounters display driver crash error when playing games. it randomly happens whenever I am playing a game. I tried already reinstalling and rolling back drivers but still the problem persists. I checked the event manager and I usually see event...
  8. Random BSODs accompanied by constant microphone clicking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSODs accompanied by constant microphone clicking: Hi. I get seemingly random blue screens of death once or twice every two days, and it's getting to my nerves as I've tried everything. Two or three weeks ago, I got a PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA blue screen (faulting module was a GPU driver, reinstalled to no avail). After...
  9. BSOD display driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD display driver: I been having issues with my AMD radeon HD 6670 drivers, I'm using win 10 pro, when ever i try to watch a video or play a game a BSOD occurs after a 1 minute or less but works perfectly fine if im not doing anything. Using the verifier, i found out that atikmpag.sys...
  10. Constant Display Driver Crashes

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Constant Display Driver Crashes: For a while now I have been having quite a few problems with my GPU (GTX 770) I have used DDU to uninstall my drivers and performed a clean install but the problem still persists. I have also run a memtest for 8 passes with no errors. problems include: FPS drops BSOD...