Windows 10: BSOD ACPI.sys Error 0xc000000f - Unable to boot in to any mode

Discus and support BSOD ACPI.sys Error 0xc000000f - Unable to boot in to any mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I came in to my home office this morning my PC was on with a BSoD. I thought this was odd because I hibernated the device the evening before, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by arbit, Feb 20, 2019.

1. arbit Win User

BSOD ACPI.sys Error 0xc000000f - Unable to boot in to any mode

When I came in to my home office this morning my PC was on with a BSoD. I thought this was odd because I hibernated the device the evening before, but I also recall possible Updates Pending (but cannot be certain!).

I've spent all day trying to fix the error with no such luck.

The symptoms:
    - Immediately BSOD's, milliseconds after Windows screen.
    - Unable to boot in to safe mode (straight back to BSOD)
    - Unable to boot in to safe mode with networking or with command prompt (BSOD's)

Here's what I get on boot:

The operating system couldn't be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or contains errors.
    File: \Windows\System32\drivers\ACPI.sys
    Error Code: 0xc000000f

Here's what I have tried:

Advanced Options > Startup Repair
    "Startup Repair could not repair your PC".

Advanced Options > Uninstall Updates
    It returns "you have pending actions and we won't be able to uninstall the latest quality update, try startup repair."

System Restore
    It does find one restore point created two days ago, but this

SFC /Scannow
    This runs and states there were no issues.

DISM (DISM /Image:E:\ /Cleanup-Image /RevertPendingActions)
    This started to run and then ran in to an error. I have attached the logs:
    dism.log

Any suggestions?

:)

arbit, Feb 20, 2019
  2. martel101 Win User

Unable to boot; 0xc000000f error on start

@axe0 - No, there was no file mentioned, although the error code remained the same. After I used the bootsec.exe /nt60 command the File: boot/bcd line appeared, which can be seen in the photos.
    @zbook - I'll try what you have suggested and post the results. As for the assigned drive letters, no I don't know why they already have assigned letters. As far as I can recall, those were in fact the drive letters they were assigned when the computer was working, but I didn't reassign them during the troubleshooting process. The steps I had already taken are listed in the original post. I had tried to rebuild the BCD previously, but with the same results (i.e. didn't have access, system not found etc.)

martel101, Feb 20, 2019
  3. martel101 Win User
    Unable to boot; 0xc000000f error on start

Ok tried what you suggested. It did not have the desired result unfortunately. As you can see in the photos, I was unable to bootrec /fixboot resulted in an "Access denied" and trying to /rebuildbcd resulted in a "System not found" message.

The command to "find osdevice" also did not seem to return anything, which is also visible in the photos.

Also not sure why the red line appeared, but I'll worry about that later I guess. Still encountering 0xc000000f error on startup. Any other help still appreciated.

Photos can be found here: Troubleshoot — imgbb.com

martel101, Feb 20, 2019
  4. I.Torres Win User

Windows 10 boot error 0xc000000f

Hello, thanks to contact the Microsoft Community. My name is Israel Torres, I am

an Independent Advisor.

The boot error 0xC000000f in Windows 10 occurs when Windows attempts to read the Boot Configuration Data

In order to fix the boot error 0xC000000F in Windows 10, you can also use the built-in bootrec.exe tool. Please note that a bootable Windows Installation DVD or USB is required. The goal is to rebuild the Boot Configuration Data (BCD) that controls how Windows
    10 is started.

Step 1. Reboot your computer.

Step 2. Insert the bootable DVD or USB installation disk.

Step 3. Reboot your computer again and press “R.”

Step 4. Click “Troubleshoot.”

Step 5. Click “Command Prompt.”

Step 6. Type “bootrec /fixmbr” and press Enter.

Step 7. Type “bootrec /fixboot” and press Enter.

Step 8. Type “bootrec /rebuildbcd” and press Enter.

I.Torres, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

1. BSOD ACPI.sys Error 0xc000000f - Unable to boot in to any mode - Similar Threads - BSOD ACPI sys

2. Error 0xc000000f boot error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0xc000000f boot error: I need help on something!!! I got an error that says recovery, "The operating system couldnt be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or contains errors. Error 0xc000000f. ACPI.sys. I heard to get an USB but I don't have one should I just buy one? Would it even...
  3. Error 0xc000000f boot error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 0xc000000f boot error: I need help on something!!! I got an error that says recovery, "The operating system couldnt be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or contains errors. Error 0xc000000f. ACPI.sys. I heard to get an USB but I don't have one should I just buy one? Would it even...
  4. Error 0xc000000f boot error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. BSOD, boot error 0xc000000f and system registry error 0xc0000225

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD, boot error 0xc000000f and system registry error 0xc0000225: Hi, I may have messed up my Windows quite abit after trying to do system restore while having problems with my GPU driver, all I had to do was reinstall the driver but I did a mistake of starting system restore after running DDU. [img] After pressing Enter to try again...
  6. BSOD, boot error 0xc000000f and system registry error 0xc0000225

in Windows 10 Support
    BSOD, boot error 0xc000000f and system registry error 0xc0000225: Hi, I may have messed up my Windows quite abit after trying to do system restore while having problems with my GPU driver, all I had to do was reinstall the driver but I did a mistake of starting system restore after running DDU. [img] After pressing Enter to try again...
  7. Can only boot windows in safe mode not normal mode error 0xc000000f

Can only boot windows in safe mode not normal mode error 0xc000000f: I posted about this earlier but this time I was able to get safe mode working but there's another issue now. I tried every solution in my other thread but they didn't work and now my pc randomly shutsdown this started happening today it even shutsdown before getting to the...
  8. BSOD on boot after Creator update, error 0xc000000f

BSOD on boot after Creator update, error 0xc000000f: I have a dell xps 14 z laptop. It originally came with windows 7. I took advantage of the free windows 10 upgrade when it came out a while ago. Laptop was running well until I did a large windows 10 update (I believe it was the creator update) a few days ago. Immediately...
  9. BSOD right after booting, error 0xc000000f

BSOD right after booting, error 0xc000000f: Hello everybody I'm not sure if this problem is in "Installation" category of BSOD, but I think this post belongs here. I see this error page many times I start my computer: [img] It doesn't seem to be an actual problem because if I use Ctrl+Alt+Delete to restart,...
  10. Unable to boot; 0xc000000f error on start

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to boot; 0xc000000f error on start: Greetings! Bit of a long story here, I will try and keep it simple. I recently upgraded the following components on my computer. motherboard MSI 870a-g54 --> ASRock Z370 Killer SLI/ac RAM: Corsair XMS 4gb + G.Skilll Ripjaw 8gb --> 16 gb Corsair Vengeance LPX CPU: AMD...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. acpi.sys 0xc000000f

2. 0xc000000f acpi.sys

3. windows 10 acpi.sys 0xc000000f

4. windows 10 missing acpi will not boot 0xc000000f fast startup,
  5. acpi.sys 0xc00000f windows 7,
  6. windows server 2012 acpi.sys error 0xc000000f,
  7. 0xc000000f ACPI sys,
  8. код ошибки 0xc000000f acpi.sys cmd,
  9. 0xc0000f acpi.sys server wont boot,
  10. critical system driver is missing or contains errors ACPI.sys,
  11. error code 0xc00000f acpi.sys,