Windows 10: BSOD after 15 Mins of normal use (STOP Critical_Process_Died)

Discus and support BSOD after 15 Mins of normal use (STOP Critical_Process_Died) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Upgraded from an intel mobo / cpu to and AMD Vega CPU and Mobo.Subsequently changed from W7 to W10 and completely wiped both my SSD and HDD when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tbk, Dec 28, 2018.

1. TBK
    Tbk Win User

BSOD after 15 Mins of normal use (STOP Critical_Process_Died)

Upgraded from an intel mobo / cpu to and AMD Vega CPU and Mobo.Subsequently changed from W7 to W10 and completely wiped both my SSD and HDD when installing. First time it loaded up I started to install drivers and start to use the PC as normal.However after about 10-20 minutes programs will stop responding for example spotify will remain intractable (I can press play and pause) it just wont do anything and the song will stop. Google chrome will stop loading web pages, it remains like this for around a minute or so before most programs crash and eventually the PC will BSOD with the error message STOP Critical_Process_DiedI have tried a fresh install of W10, using SFC /scannow as well as using CCleaner to fix any registry errors, this hasn't changed anything, the PC still continues to run for around 10-20 minutes before going to a BSOD. I have turned off Overclocking in the Bios as well.When the PC Blue screens it stays at 0% before just restarting, for some reason there are no logs created regardless of what option the log is set to.

:)

2. Critical_Process_Died BSOD

Hi,

In order to resolve your concern, we suggest that you to follow these steps:

• If you've installed any new apps or devices, uninstall or unplug them and restart your PC.
    • Make sure your PC has the latest updates:
    • Go to the search box.
    • Type Windows Update then Enter.
    • Select Check for updates.
    • In the Settings menu, select Check for updates button.
    • When it's finished, restart your PC.

You may also check this
    link
    for more troubleshooting steps regarding critical_process_died error message.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Jan 16, 2020
  3. TBK
    Tbk Win User

Upgraded from an intel mobo / cpu to and AMD Vega CPU and Mobo.Subsequently changed from W7 to W10 and completely wiped both my SSD and HDD when installing. First time it loaded up I started to install drivers and start to use the PC as normal.However after about 10-20 minutes programs will stop responding for example spotify will remain intractable (I can press play and pause) it just wont do anything and the song will stop. Google chrome will stop loading web pages, it remains like this for around a minute or so before most programs crash and eventually the PC will BSOD with the error message STOP Critical_Process_DiedI have tried a fresh install of W10, using SFC /scannow as well as using CCleaner to fix any registry errors, this hasn't changed anything, the PC still continues to run for around 10-20 minutes before going to a BSOD. I have turned off Overclocking in the Bios as well.When the PC Blue screens it stays at 0% before just restarting, for some reason there are no logs created regardless of what option the log is set to.

4. NGKH5 Win User

BSOD Error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

My laptop experienced a BSOD with an analysis by "Who Crashed" as follows-

On Sat 11/10/2018 2:08:03 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP

This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrpamp.exe (nt!PsSetLegoNotifyRoutine+0x46C)

Bugcheck code: 0xEF (0xFFFFFFFFA8C97440, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)

Error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Bug check description: This indicates that a critical system process died.

There is a possibility this problem was caused by a virus or other malware.

A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: ntkrpamp.exe .

Google query: ntkrpamp.exe CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Following is a link to my "one drive" BSOD folder with memory.dmp and other files for evaluation:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AhtpFas_Rp_hiUvPKtxMgmB-b1B5

Please advise resolution for the said BSOD. Thanx!

NGKH5, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

1. BSOD after 15 Mins of normal use (STOP Critical_Process_Died) - Similar Threads - BSOD Mins normal

2. Explorer.exe always goes wonky after 15-30 mins of use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer.exe always goes wonky after 15-30 mins of use: Having a problem where explorer.exe goes wonky 15-30mins after startup sometimes takes longer, sometimes immediately after startup. Issue results in me being unable to click on many parts of the computer start menu, apps, etc etc although clicking functionality still works on...
  3. Explorer.exe always goes wonky after 15-30 mins of use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer.exe always goes wonky after 15-30 mins of use: Having a problem where explorer.exe goes wonky 15-30mins after startup sometimes takes longer, sometimes immediately after startup. Issue results in me being unable to click on many parts of the computer start menu, apps, etc etc although clicking functionality still works on...
  4. Repeatedly getting BSOD after 15 min to an hour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeatedly getting BSOD after 15 min to an hour: Can I have some help diagnosing the cause of my BSODs? I am dualbooting on my PC into Windows 11 to see if it would help with my BSOD issues but I still seem to get them after 15 minutes - 1 hour use. It's rather sporadic. I've linked my minidump as someone in this forum has...
  5. Repeatedly getting BSOD after 15 min to an hour

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repeatedly getting BSOD after 15 min to an hour: Can I have some help diagnosing the cause of my BSODs? I am dualbooting on my PC into Windows 11 to see if it would help with my BSOD issues but I still seem to get them after 15 minutes - 1 hour use. It's rather sporadic. I've linked my minidump as someone in this forum has...
  6. Frequent BSOD (~15 mins)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent BSOD (~15 mins): Hi there, Typing quick, frequent crashes! Logs attached. Suspecting PSU/CPU failure, but trying to isolate before buying new one. Symptoms are a screen freeze before Windows crash screen. Happening more frequently, under little/no load. Software independent, and has...
  7. BSOD about 10-15 minutes from startup (CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED)

BSOD about 10-15 minutes from startup (CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED): My laptop randomly BSODs about 10-15 minutes from boot with the code "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED". I am running Windows 10 1909 build 18263. It BSODs even in safe mode, and on examining the dump file, it tells me that services.exe crashed due to an Nt!KeBugCheckEx() call. I have...
  8. BSOD loop, stop code: critical_process_died

BSOD loop, stop code: critical_process_died: Computer Model: Lenova Yoga 720 Sorry I can't provide much information because I am locked out of my computer. A few days back, I attempted to do a clean installation of Windows 10 on my laptop through a system reset. The system reset failed and it keeps taking me through...
  9. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD in Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD in Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop: So I'm getting these random BSOD's in my new Dell XPS 15 9550 laptop with its SSD replaced with an M.2 Samsung 950 Pro 512GB SSD. The weird thing is that when it BSOD's, it's stuck at 0% in the dump process. What I did was to reformat the whole system, installed Windows 10...
  10. Frequent CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSODs on Dell XPS 15 9550

Frequent CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSODs on Dell XPS 15 9550: As the title says, I'm getting a bunch of critical process died errors, usually within 30-60 minutes of booting up a game. Sometimes it happens within 15 minutes, and sometimes it's not connected to gaming at all. Would greatly appreciate any help! 35684