Windows 10: Bsod after a certain time.

Discus and support Bsod after a certain time. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. So my problem is a random BSOD. This bsod occurs mostly when I'm gaming. As I noticed it occurs after about 1h-1.5h. Name of error is Critical... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NexusPL, Apr 8, 2021.

1. NexusPL Win User

Bsod after a certain time.

Hello. So my problem is a random BSOD. This bsod occurs mostly when I'm gaming. As I noticed it occurs after about 1h-1.5h. Name of error is Critical Process Died. This bsod is causing my pc to reboot but when it boots up it only shows mobo logo and nothing happen for about 10-20min. After that time it passes through this screen and shows up error that Windows 10 cannot boot up. But strange thing is that when i plug my pc off the power and wait about 10 sec and plug it in, it boots up normally to OS. I can normally operate it but this bsod keeps repeating. I was checking dumpfile and first BlueScreenView showed me that bsod is caused by ntoskrnl.exe but i cannot find any solution that might be fixing that problem. So I ran driver verifier and after rebooting it always crashes before OS is able to load. So I've entered safe mode and reset Driver Verifier and checks log when my OS boots up. When I view dump log, now that was 2 problems that caused bsod. Still ntoskrnl.exe and one new thing called ene.sys. I have no idea what that is. I had Dragon Center app from MSI but i've had this 3 months on my pc and earlier this was not causing any bsods. I've tested my RAM with memtest and no errors showed up. Also scannow in CMD shows no errors. Is there any way to fix this or I must reinstall OS? Thank You for all your help.

:)

NexusPL, Apr 8, 2021
  2. cplpro Win User

7 different BSoD

Hey guys,

I have a serious problem. I make it as short as possible:

• system runs 100 % fine with the 10.12
    • updatet to Catalyst 11.1 -> BSoD
    • updatet to 11.1 Hotfix -> BSoD
    • rollback to 10.12 -> BSoD
    • removed ALL AMD files manually, installed 10.12 -> BSoD
    • Temps are fine
    • no sfc /scannow errors
    • no chkdsk errors
    • Prime, Furmark all fine
    • regardless what driver I install -> BSoD
    • I did no hw changes, no OC
    Here are my BSoDs I receive:
    • 0x0000010e
    • 0x1000007e
    • 0x0000007e
    • 0x0000004e
    • 0x0000003b
    • dxgmms1.sys
    • PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    They all refer to the GPU of course ...

From now on I receive a BSoD every time I try to play a game (especially BC2 and SC II) even if I completely remove the old driver and make a clean install.
    Apparently the 11.1 damaged my system irreparable.

Any advice or info would be very much appreciated *Smile Bsod after a certain time. :)

cplpro, Apr 8, 2021
  3. axe0 Win User
    BAD_POOL_HEADER BSOD, Dump File attached

Hi Groggubus,

Welcome to the 10forums Bsod after a certain time. :)

Please remove / disable items from the startup in taskmanager
    These programs could interfere with the boot process giving you trouble and increase the boot time.

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

Bsod after a certain time. [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

Please follow this suggestion for the BSOD
    1. Please open BitDefender and go to the modules,
    2. Go to the firewall settings,
    3. Uncheck 'Block port scans in the network',
    4. Reboot your system <-- IMPORTANT

axe0, Apr 8, 2021
  4. auggy Win User

BSOD during boot every other time

The Event Logs did not show any evidence of BSODs so they may not even be recorded in the Event Viewer.

At this point I might suggest to try a clean boot, restart the computer a few times, and see if the same BSODs occur:

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Follow the steps for Windows 8.1. Windows Key + S opens Search

auggy, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Bsod after a certain time. - Similar Threads - Bsod certain

2. Please help. BSOD in Windows 11 when on certain Wifi network maybe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help. BSOD in Windows 11 when on certain Wifi network maybe: HiI have trouble with my daughter's computer.For some reason it BSOD several times per day when working on certain location wifi. When using the network sharing from Iphone, there is no problem. When using network from university, there is BSOD. There is also a Cisco Secure...
  3. Please help. BSOD in Windows 11 when on certain Wifi network maybe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please help. BSOD in Windows 11 when on certain Wifi network maybe: HiI have trouble with my daughter's computer.For some reason it BSOD several times per day when working on certain location wifi. When using the network sharing from Iphone, there is no problem. When using network from university, there is BSOD. There is also a Cisco Secure...
  4. Constant BSOD when running certain applications, ndisrfl.sys - page fault in non paged area

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSOD when running certain applications, ndisrfl.sys - page fault in non paged area: Unsure at this point whether its corrupted files, drivers, or some service but chrome, discord, and wallpaper engine all crash at random with no error code or crash listed in reliability history. CS2, the finals, and helldivers 2 also give me BSODS with various memory related...
  5. Constant BSOD when running certain applications, ndisrfl.sys - page fault in non paged area

Constant BSOD when running certain applications, ndisrfl.sys - page fault in non paged area: Unsure at this point whether its corrupted files, drivers, or some service but chrome, discord, and wallpaper engine all crash at random with no error code or crash listed in reliability history. CS2, the finals, and helldivers 2 also give me BSODS with various memory related...
  6. Constant BSOD when running certain applications, ndisrfl.sys - page fault in non paged area

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Computer BSOD when playing certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer BSOD when playing certain games: When playing certain games my computer will at, seemingly random, times bluescreen with the message Machine Check Exception; and I say random because the time in between crashes have varied from a few minutes to 70+ hours of in-game time. I have tried various possible fixes...
  8. Computer BSOD when playing certain games

Computer BSOD when playing certain games: When playing certain games my computer will at, seemingly random, times bluescreen with the message Machine Check Exception; and I say random because the time in between crashes have varied from a few minutes to 70+ hours of in-game time. I have tried various possible fixes...
  9. Computer BSOD when playing certain games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Computer BSOD when playing certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer BSOD when playing certain games: When playing games sometimes, such as Fortnite, Valorant, Cyberpunk 2077, or Apex Legends, my PC will often bluescreen upon opening the game or going into a lobby. I am unsure the cause of this and cannot figure it out, but made a post about it before that did not get a reply...