Windows 10: BSOD after a few minutes of playing video games VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

Discus and support BSOD after a few minutes of playing video games VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have not come across this BSOD until a week ago. It is persistent across multiple games that I play; The only common aspect between them is their use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PrinceSantos, Jul 1, 2021.

1. BSOD after a few minutes of playing video games VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

I have not come across this BSOD until a week ago. It is persistent across multiple games that I play; The only common aspect between them is their use of Direct X 12, I believe. The BSOD only happens a few minutes into playing a video game, varying from 40 minutes to 5 minutes, and it would often close the game at first and bring me back to the desktop before showing the Blue Screen.I have already tried updating my display drivers, both Intel and Nvidia, updating my DirectX 12 library, and doing a System Restore, and the problem still persists.

:)

PrinceSantos, Jul 1, 2021

2. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 1, 2021
  3. BSOD mostly on playing video games

Hello,

I have been struggling with BSOD since I changed my configuration and upgraded my CPU and motherboard.

I took the new CPU and motherboard from a fully functionnal computer and installed them in a functionnal computer.

I get the BSOD whenever I play video games, it can be during the loading screen or while playing. It usually come pretty fast ( <30 minutes).

From the BSOD analysis I saw that it was related to hal.dll but I can not figure out the specific issue.

Here are a dump file and my system specification:

Dropbox - BSOD.zip - Simplify your life

I hope you can help me debug this!

Thank you

AntoineGrinn, Jul 1, 2021
  4. Jaffo Win User

BSOD after a few minutes of playing video games VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

BSOD and freezing while playing video games

Done. The BIOS is updated, and so far I've seen the following improvements:

• Rocket League no longer freezes on the developer's logo. I was actually able to play for a few minutes before the game crashed to the desktop.
    • Besiege still crashes about 5-10 minutes in, but it crashed to desktop rather than causing a BSOD.
    • World of Warcraft actually allowed me to change the resolution, and I was able to play for a minute or two before it crashed to desktop.

Do you think it might be time to try and install the graphics card (Radeon HD 7970) I've got on hand, and see how things go from there?

Jaffo, Jul 1, 2021
Thema:

BSOD after a few minutes of playing video games VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

1. BSOD after a few minutes of playing video games VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR - Similar Threads - BSOD few minutes

2. Online video streaming stops after few minutes of playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Online video streaming stops after few minutes of playing: Hi all,Thanks for your time on reading this post.I'm experiencing a video playback issue when accessing streaming services like Netflix, Binge, Curiosity Stream and more. >>>>>But not with YouTube. YouTube works fine.When I play a video content for few minutes 3-4 minutes on...
  3. Online video streaming stops after few minutes of playing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Online video streaming stops after few minutes of playing: Hi all,Thanks for your time on reading this post.I'm experiencing a video playback issue when accessing streaming services like Netflix, Binge, Curiosity Stream and more. >>>>>But not with YouTube. YouTube works fine.When I play a video content for few minutes 3-4 minutes on...
  4. Online video streaming stops after few minutes of playing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD after a few minutes of playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after a few minutes of playing games: Laptop: Acer Helios 300 PH315-52Hi, first I would to say thank you for spending your precious time on this problem of mine and I hope you can help me with this.For the past 3 weeks, I have been having this issue where my laptop would close any game after a few minutes of...
  6. BSOD after a few minutes of playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD after a few minutes of playing games: Laptop: Acer Helios 300 PH315-52Hi, first I would to say thank you for spending your precious time on this problem of mine and I hope you can help me with this.For the past 3 weeks, I have been having this issue where my laptop would close any game after a few minutes of...
  7. Delayed BSOD after playing video games for a few minutes, again VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

Delayed BSOD after playing video games for a few minutes, again VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR: I have somehow come across the same BSOD after solving it a few weeks ago. It persists across multiples games and happens after either a short duration 1 minute or a long duration 40 minutes of gameplay. Whenever it happens, the game would close and show a prompt regarding...
  8. BSOD video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error when playing games

BSOD video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error when playing games: My windows 10 version is 20H2. Compilation of Operational system 19042.630. Windows 10 Home Single Language Please, I really need help. The system crashes while playing games. DESKTOP-K1HH658-(2020-11-23_15-36-11).zip - Google Drive 169011
  9. No sounds after minutes of playing video games

in Windows 10 Customization
    No sounds after minutes of playing video games: When playing video games, I lose sound after playing it for 10 minutes or so. I need to put my computer to sleep and turn it on again for the sounds to reactivate. I have already manually uninstalled and installed my drivers. Realtek audio drivers causes my microphone to...
  10. BSOD after playing any game for a few minutes - hal.dll+477e8

BSOD after playing any game for a few minutes - hal.dll+477e8: Hi so i just got this pc built, and just my luck i get a bsod a few minutes after loading a game. the system runs fine doing anything else. I've tried reinstalling windows a few times, but the same thing happens each time. i also get these activation permission not granted...