Windows 10: BSOD after a Visual Studio install Reboot Error 21a

Discus and support BSOD after a Visual Studio install Reboot Error 21a in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi All, Windows 10 Pro here. Installed Visual Studio Community edition 2017, and after a reboot, I cannot get back to the system. - System has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ravneetg, Mar 15, 2019.

1. ravneetg Win User

BSOD after a Visual Studio install Reboot Error 21a

Hi All,

Windows 10 Pro here. Installed Visual Studio Community edition 2017, and after a reboot, I cannot get back to the system.
    - System has been trying to Attempt Repairs for more than a day now.
    - Created a bootable USB from another machine and booted into command line
    - chckdsk runs good with no bad sectors
    - bootrec /fixmbr returns success
    - bootrec /fixboot returns Access is Denied
    - bootrec /rebuildbcd returns with 0 windows install
    - bootrec /scanos returns same, 0 windows install
    - Sfc /Scannow /OFFBOOTDIR=G:\ /OFFWINDIR=G:\Windows HANGS. Does NOT even start, cursor blinks
    - G: is the windows drive, I can go in from command line and backup files to my E(Data): Drive. Have not started this yet.

I will start putting photos of the console shortly if needed.

Any guidance will be really appreciated.

Thanks!

:)

ravneetg, Mar 15, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Installation of visual studio.

Hi Harshad

Follow the steps on this line to prepare your system and for installing Visual Studio

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/i...

Please Note, choose the Community Edition, it is totally free and full Featured

You do not need to worry about Visual C++ Redistributables those have nothing to do with coding in C or C++ at all

When visual Studio finishes installing you will see a screen asking you how you would like to set up Visual Studio, choose C/C++ Programming and the initial Setup will do the rest for you to get the IDE ready for C/C++ Programming

Happy coding !

DaveM121, Mar 15, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Visual studio is broken, starting but only got a white screen.

It sounds like your Visual Studio installation is corrupt, please try this:

• Open Control Panel (Accessible by right clicking your Start Menu)
    • Click Programs and Features and then select Visual Studio
    • Click 'Change'
    • In the setup wizard, select 'Repair', then click Next
    • Follow the remaining instructions in the installation wizard to finish
    Reboot your PC, check to see that Visual Studio is working correctly, if not, you will have to completely uninstall Visual Studio, reboot and re-install it . . .

DaveM121, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Linney Win User

visual studio

If you start uninstalling bits and pieces then some parts of the program, or older programs, may fail to work properly. Did you select all these so called extras or were they installed automatically. If the latter then you may need them?

Visual Studio 2015 System Requirements

https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/downloads/visual-studio-2015-system-requirements-vs.aspx

"In Visual Studio 2015, Visual C++ is not installed by default. When installing, be sure to choose Custom installation and then choose the C++ components you require. Or, if Visual Studio is already installed, choose File | New | Project | C++ and you will
    be prompted to install the necessary components."

Visual C++ in Visual Studio 2015

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-au/library/60k1461a.aspx

Make the Visual Studio installer more customizable

https://visualstudio.uservoice.com/...the-visual-studio-installer-more-customizable

Linney, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

1. BSOD after a Visual Studio install Reboot Error 21a - Similar Threads - BSOD Visual Studio

2. visual studio installation error:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    visual studio installation error:: Hi everyone! Im facing problem in visual studio installlation as everytime it gives error "this product is not supported by this version of window".currently im using windows 10pro and i have also updated as per visual studio suggestion but could get solve it>...
  3. visual studio installation error:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    visual studio installation error:: Hi everyone! Im facing problem in visual studio installlation as everytime it gives error "this product is not supported by this version of window".currently im using windows 10pro and i have also updated as per visual studio suggestion but could get solve it>...
  4. visual studio installation error:

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Error 1618 Visual Studio Installer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 1618 Visual Studio Installer: I already search for many similar problems with error 1618, and I followed the instruction such as restarting and reinstalling, terminating if more than one msiexec.exe is running. However, the error still pops out, and I am sure only one msiexec.exe is running the entire...
  6. Error 1618 Visual Studio Installer

Error 1618 Visual Studio Installer: I already search for many similar problems with error 1618, and I followed the instruction such as restarting and reinstalling, terminating if more than one msiexec.exe is running. However, the error still pops out, and I am sure only one msiexec.exe is running the entire...
  7. Visual Studio 2022 installation Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual Studio 2022 installation Error: Hello All, I tried installing Visual Studio 2022 on my Windows 10 64-bit company computer I currently run VS 2019 but after installation I get the error: "Couldn't install Microsoft.NetCore.HostPath". I need VS 2022 since our solution has been upgraded to .NET 6.0.Does anyone...
  8. Visual Studio 2022 installation Error

Visual Studio 2022 installation Error: Hello All, I tried installing Visual Studio 2022 on my Windows 10 64-bit company computer I currently run VS 2019 but after installation I get the error: "Couldn't install Microsoft.NetCore.HostPath". I need VS 2022 since our solution has been upgraded to .NET 6.0.Does anyone...
  9. Visual Studio 2022 installation Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. bsod's after installation visual studio express

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bsod's after installation visual studio express: On windows 10 after the installation of visual studio express called community 2015 I got regurarly a bsod when I logged in my sleeping laptop.How is this possible?Because visual studio is a user mode application. my minidump directory is empty: I have the impression the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why will installing microsoft visual c i get a bsod