Windows 10: BSOD after about 10 minutes of playing high demanding games

Discus and support BSOD after about 10 minutes of playing high demanding games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just want to fully understand, I should search for any Razer files or folder? With the application "Search Everything"? And yes, I was using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by franckosd, Jun 17, 2017.

1. franckosd Win User

BSOD after about 10 minutes of playing high demanding games

I just want to fully understand, I should search for any Razer files or folder? With the application "Search Everything"?

And yes, I was using the Razer Deathchroma since I build my computer (1 month ago).

When I discovered the faulty driver I uninstalled Razer Synapse (Razer main program) and Razer SDK (program for my mouse). I went on deleting all files that were related to Razer in Program files (x86) and AppData. As I tried to run verifier once again, I saw that both driver (rzpmgrk and rzendpt) were still active. I then searched for them and they were both in my system32 folder. When I'm trying to delete them, I'm prompt with an error message saying that the file cannot be delete because it's still running. I did not find any trace of Razer product in task manager and I tried to check on the web for any help but couldnt find any.

franckosd, Jun 20, 2017
  2. zbook New Member

Only delete software via device manager and control panel to make sure you do not alter the operating system/registry files.

zbook, Jun 20, 2017
  3. franckosd Win User
    Search with file explorer
    Attachment 140536

Razer search with Everything

Attachment 140537

I will stop verifier and will try a game to see how its running. I will update soon

franckosd, Jun 21, 2017
  4. franckosd Win User

Verifier was reset and I tried a game once again. I got a new BSOD :

Attachment 140547

and the log Attachment 140548

edit : also got a memory management error like before right after I posted this message.

Code: On Wed 2017-06-21 3:44:29 PM your computer crashed crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\062117-6890-01.dmp This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x16C3F0) Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41793, 0xFFFFC200D1E863C8, 0x7A, 0x79) Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System company: Microsoft Corporation description: NT Kernel & System Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue). The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time. [/quote] Attachment 140550 new updated bsod log

franckosd, Jun 21, 2017
  5. zbook New Member
    These are the two bsod debugged from 6/21/2017:

Code: BugCheck 1A, {41793, ffffc200d1e863c8, 7a, 79}Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiDeleteVirtualAddresses+11b98e )[/quote] Code: BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff803d48bf7dc, ffff8f80f398a9c0, 0}Probably caused by : memory_corruption[/quote] There are the 2 bsod in the current zip file from yesterday 6/20/2017:

Code: BugCheck C4, {2000, fffff8096b2226e5, 0, 6e657a72}*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rzendpt.sys*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for rzendpt.sysProbably caused by : memory_corruption[/quote] Code: BugCheck C4, {2004, ffffa88b15b3dee8, fffff80c68ad0208, ffffe181207ce6e8}Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!VerifierBugCheckIfAppropriate+6b )[/quote]
    When posting images of everything software or file explorer menus or bluescreenview results please change the column expansion to bring as much as possible into view.

Were you able to find and uninstall razer entries in the control panel and/or device manager?

When you had the latest bsod with windows driver verifier off were you in clean boot with all non-Microsoft service unchecked and all startup disabled in task manager?

zbook, Jun 21, 2017
  6. franckosd Win User
    I deleted all razer entries in control panel and device manager. As for the clean boot, it was on. The Memory management BSOD happens almost everytime after I have a BSOD when playing a game. When I restart, I can be on my computer between 2 and 5 minutes and it crashes. Sometimes it does that 2 or 3 times sometimes it simply doesnt happen another time.

franckosd, Jun 21, 2017
  7. zbook New Member
    Had you or are you doing any overclocking? Anything with software or hardware raid?

zbook, Jun 21, 2017
  8. franckosd Win User

I tried overclocking my computer at first without adjusting the voltage but it wasn't running fine. While we speak everything is back to default.

I didn't touch any software or hardware raid (I don't know what this is actually)

franckosd, Jun 21, 2017
  9. zbook New Member
    Does default mean normal startup or clean boot?

These have been tested so far:
    operating system with scannow and restorehealth: OK
    drive with chkdsk and SMART: file corruption fixed with chkdsk
    memory with memtest86+ 13 passes no errors
    CPU with prime OK
    GPU with furmark OK
    Had event logs with failed windows fast start up: fast startup turned off

If there are bsod after the removal of razer software please post.

zbook, Jun 21, 2017
  10. franckosd Win User
    Everything in the BIOS is set to default (or Auto). I set my clean boot as instructed earlier in the thread and didnt change it since then.

Also, even with the razer software uninstall, the 2 faulty drivers are still there. And the BSOD still happen after 10 min of gaming. The last 2 BSOD logs I posted earlier in the thread were with Razer software uninstalled.

franckosd, Jun 21, 2017
  11. zbook New Member
    Once the bsod have ceased you can attempt to reinstall razer software/drivers via this link: Razer Support

The methods that you used to uninstall razer software and drivers was via device manager and control panel but in the post there were many razer files remaining. How come?

Do you see any remaining razer via device manager or control panel?

In the everything link can you expand the column so that the complete file is in view?

zbook, Jun 22, 2017
  12. franckosd Win User
    Attachment 140779

Ill try to reinstall Razer right now. Also, a user on reddit who had the same problem as me told me to tried the new motherboard driver. I will keep you updated

franckosd, Jun 22, 2017
  13. axe0 New Member

Run chkdsk c: /r again, your OS has corruption that can only be fixed when rebooting.

What mouse do you currently use?

14. franckosd Win User
    All right,

I ran another chkdsk c: /r again and the report gave me this.

I also downloaded the new BIOS for my computer and so far, after 25 minutes of gameplay of the witcher 3, I had no BSOD at all. Seemed to be a bios issue after all.

Thank you a lot zbook for the help and time you gave me on that. I really appreciate it.

Thanks also to axe0.

franckosd, Jun 23, 2017
  15. zbook New Member
    Your welcome. I'm glad you got a bios update to fix the bsod.

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD after about 10 minutes of playing high demanding games - Similar Threads - BSOD minutes playing

2. My game crashes after about 10 minutes in game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My game crashes after about 10 minutes in game: I've had this PC for a while and recently my game has been crashing and I took it to get it looked at and it turned out my ram sticks were bad I had them replaced and my games ran great for about two days and now I'll get about 10 minutes into the game and it crashes I don't...
  3. My game crashes after about 10 minutes in game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My game crashes after about 10 minutes in game: I've had this PC for a while and recently my game has been crashing and I took it to get it looked at and it turned out my ram sticks were bad I had them replaced and my games ran great for about two days and now I'll get about 10 minutes into the game and it crashes I don't...
  4. BSOD after a few minutes of playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after a few minutes of playing games: Laptop: Acer Helios 300 PH315-52Hi, first I would to say thank you for spending your precious time on this problem of mine and I hope you can help me with this.For the past 3 weeks, I have been having this issue where my laptop would close any game after a few minutes of...
  5. BSOD after a few minutes of playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD after a few minutes of playing games: Laptop: Acer Helios 300 PH315-52Hi, first I would to say thank you for spending your precious time on this problem of mine and I hope you can help me with this.For the past 3 weeks, I have been having this issue where my laptop would close any game after a few minutes of...
  6. BSOD after a few minutes of playing video games VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after a few minutes of playing video games VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR: I have not come across this BSOD until a week ago. It is persistent across multiple games that I play; The only common aspect between them is their use of Direct X 12, I believe. The BSOD only happens a few minutes into playing a video game, varying from 40 minutes to 5...
  7. The game crashes after about 20 minutes.

The game crashes after about 20 minutes.: I start game, play approximately 20-30 minutes and screen freeze then game crashed. It's personaly trouble of windows, because i tried play games on linux and i don't seen this problem. Also not even game have this problem. Games i have this problem: CS GO, Genshin Impact,...
  8. Bsod after playing demanding games for a while

Bsod after playing demanding games for a while: Hello there, I've built a new gaming pc a few months ago (in March). Due the lack of good experience with the building itself, I've used another forum for finding the components and their compatibility with each other, and a professional shop to built it and install the...
  9. BSOD when 5-10 minutes playing games

BSOD when 5-10 minutes playing games: but sometimes does, sometimes doesn't. the BSOD never happen if i has play more than couple hour, so if BSOD happen must be in first 5-10 minutes playing games... and there is more issue. sometimes when i play game there is notification "the display driver has stopped..."...
  10. BSOD after 10-20 minutes of gaming

BSOD after 10-20 minutes of gaming: Hello, First of all,thanks for helping me.I`ve had this issue for a year now.I`ve tried memtest/CPU and GPU stress test.Everything was fine,temperature was ok. I included the required files. Thanks for your time, Alex UPDATE:GPU it`s fine and i`ve managed to fix it...