Windows 10: BSOD after accidently changing msconfig sittings

Discus and support BSOD after accidently changing msconfig sittings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello My sister accidentally changed the numbers in "msconfig>boot advanced options>maximum memory" from "4096" to "34" after she restarted the laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MahaFY, May 3, 2019.

1. MahaFY Win User

BSOD after accidently changing msconfig sittings

Hello

My sister accidentally changed the numbers in "msconfig>boot advanced options>maximum memory" from "4096" to "34" after she restarted the laptop the blue screen appeared i tried system restore,startup repair and command prompt but nothing worked for me.

Please help if you know how to fix it without losing any files, Thank you.

:)

MahaFY, May 3, 2019
  2. Dani Win User

Accidently disabled all services via msconfig

I was trying to debug explorer hangs and accidently disabled all services via msconfig. Now the Windows 10 boots up but there is no login screen. Trying to get into safe mode but shift+restart does not work.

How can I restore my system back to working condition?

Dani, May 3, 2019
  3. pepanee Win User
    msconfig doesn't save changes

Dang. Well, if you haven't already done so, search on a search engine (such as Bing) for your issue for more suggestions that you can find. I searched for:

msconfig doesn't save changes

and gave you that link. Hopefully you can try other suggestions that were attempted by others. There's a bunch of results that you will find, so hopefully that variety of results will have something useful.

pepanee, May 3, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 3, 2019
Thema:

1. BSOD after accidently changing msconfig sittings - Similar Threads - BSOD accidently changing

2. How to rest msconfig sittings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to rest msconfig sittings?: I changed the number of the processors to 1 in the msconfig mode then I restarted my laptop and it won't open, It keeps showing me the blue screen then made me choose If want to troubleshoot or turn off my pc....
  3. How to rest msconfig sittings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to rest msconfig sittings?: I changed the number of the processors to 1 in the msconfig mode then I restarted my laptop and it won't open, It keeps showing me the blue screen then made me choose If want to troubleshoot or turn off my pc....
  4. How to rest msconfig sittings?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD on startup after changing maximum ram on msconfig

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD on startup after changing maximum ram on msconfig: Recently, after changing my maximum ram on msconfig in attempt to make my computer use the entirety of my installed ram, I've been stuck in a loop of blue screens and restarts. I've tried all the advanced options for restarts and safe mode as well as the windows recovery...
  6. BSOD on startup after changing maximum ram on msconfig

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD on startup after changing maximum ram on msconfig: Recently, after changing my maximum ram on msconfig in attempt to make my computer use the entirety of my installed ram, I've been stuck in a loop of blue screens and restarts. I've tried all the advanced options for restarts and safe mode as well as the windows recovery...
  7. BSOD on startup after changing maximum ram on msconfig

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. accidently disabled everything in msconfig and restarted.

in Windows 10 Support
    accidently disabled everything in msconfig and restarted.: my issue seems to be different from just about everyone. Ive tried password resets with my usb, safe mode ( it brings me back to the same damn login screen,) setting an administrator pass and even using cmd with a variety of commands. Powershell doesn't work and results from...
  9. change sitting language

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    change sitting language: my windows is single language I wont to change sitting language https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-sitting-language/27d0aaaf-c934-405a-90b0-7af8980747d4"
  10. msconfig changes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    msconfig changes: I took a picture of my msconfig and I noticed that in a day the numbers behind these 8 services changed they were DevicePicker_ DevicesFlow_ MessaginService_ Sync Host_ Contact data_ PrintWorkflow_ User data storage_ user data access_ they all had the same number...