Windows 10: BSOD after adding a new RAM module

Discus and support BSOD after adding a new RAM module in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I added a new RAM module on my laptop because I needed more capacity, but now I'm having these issues: I'm experiencing some BSODs, especially... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Biankah, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Biankah Win User

BSOD after adding a new RAM module

Hello,

I added a new RAM module on my laptop because I needed more capacity, but now I'm having these issues:
    I'm experiencing some BSODs, especially DRIVER OVERRUN STACK BUFFER and DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL ones.
    Also, sometimes appears some colorful blocks/lines on the screen or black screen and it only occurs when I'm using navigators, watching videos or livestreams. When I'm playing some games it never happens.

Can someone help me discover the cause?

Here's the Minidumps:
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqCFYJaZxMyTh1nXijt_SrEx6T_Y?e=H5aIRr

Thanks for your attention.

:)

Biankah, Dec 17, 2020
  2. scopio Win User

Looking to adding more RAM but cannot find compatible module

I will accept your suggestion and have cancelled the Crucial CT8G4SFS8266 8 GB (DDR4, 2666 MT/s, PC4-21300, Single Rank x8, SODIMM, 260-Pin) Memory: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories and ordered Samsung M471A5244CB0-CTD Memory, 4 GB DDR4 2666 MHzSamsung M471A5244CB0-CTD Memory, 4 GB DDR4 2666 MHz: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories
    HWinfo shows that the installed module is in row two so I assume that there is a row 1?
    BSOD after adding a new RAM module [​IMG]

BSOD after adding a new RAM module [​IMG]

scopio, Dec 17, 2020
  3. zbook Win User
    BSOD- Critical Process died, System_service_exception, Memory_managent

What are the approximate dates for installation of each RAM module?

The modules are mismatched.

None of the RAM modules are on the Qualified Vendor List (QVL).

There is no test for incompatible RAM.

The best step is to swap or replace RAM with modules that are displayed on the motherboards QVL.

zbook, Dec 17, 2020
  4. BSOD after adding a new RAM module

BSOD on new computer while gaming

I just got a new computer about a month ago. Everything is new and I get BSOD (windows 10) while gaming mostly although it sometimes happens while I'm just using the computer. Sometimes the computer doesn't BSOD and just gives me a Access Violation Error. Not sure if related.

Here is the link to download output files from the V2 script.

Dropbox - windows crash - Simplify your life

Any help is appreciated

Steps I have taken:
    • Updated all drivers and bios to latest versions
    • Checked ram with windows memory test to see if ram is faulty. (A stick was and it was removed waiting for replacement)
    • Clean Installed Windows after finding faulty ram
    • I had 2 x 2080Ti installed, I removed one, tested and then swapped cards; issue still exist

MarvIchiban, Dec 17, 2020
Thema:

BSOD after adding a new RAM module

1. BSOD after adding a new RAM module - Similar Threads - BSOD adding RAM

2. BSOD error after adding new HDD and RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD error after adding new HDD and RAM: Hi everyone,Before, my pc only has an ssd and a ram stick. Then I decided to buy hdd and another ram stick. And few days later, my pc is encountering blue screens. I tried the the dism, sfc, updating drivers but I'm still encountering it. I have this issue since few weeks...
  3. BSOD error after adding new HDD and RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD error after adding new HDD and RAM: Hi everyone,Before, my pc only has an ssd and a ram stick. Then I decided to buy hdd and another ram stick. And few days later, my pc is encountering blue screens. I tried the the dism, sfc, updating drivers but I'm still encountering it. I have this issue since few weeks...
  4. BSOD error after adding new HDD and RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD On Windows 10 - New RAM added to Machine

BSOD On Windows 10 - New RAM added to Machine: I was gifted another pack of RAM to add to my current set. They are same speed and brand as the other set. This is my MEMORY.DMP Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.20153.1000 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File...
  6. BSOD with new modules of memory

BSOD with new modules of memory: Hello guys , good night! I came here cuz i really don't know exactly what to do pls help me =[] After acquire a new memory kit all equals so using all 4 modules of memory and updating the Windows, GPU, Chipset, BIOS i'm getting the BSOD =[, on eventviewer i get this...
  7. Glitchy BSODS after moving pc parts to new case, added new ram.

Glitchy BSODS after moving pc parts to new case, added new ram.: I7-9700k rx5700xt Msi z390a pro motherboard 32 gb 3600mhz corsair rgb pro ram evga 750 watt 80+ gold 1tb 860 evo ssd 2tb seagate firecudda dump files have been tested they show up as driver errors. I have rollled back used amd clean up utility. I have used DDU. I...
  8. BSOD after I've added RAM

BSOD after I've added RAM: I've gone through memory testing, nothing found. In following troubleshooting guidelines here, I've gotten to the step of uploading my DMP files to OneDrive, and they are linked here: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AiEl75rCfH_cgadXjXpKXBXfInahTw Please assist me in analyzing the...
  9. Multiple BSOD issues after adding RAM to laptop

Multiple BSOD issues after adding RAM to laptop: I have an ASUS ROG G751JL that came with 8GB of RAM from the factory. It was upgraded to Windows 10, from Windows 8.1. The laptop has four memory slots, 2 easily accessible and 2 very hard to reach. I added two sticks of 8 GB on the easy to access slots (1 and 3) with the...
  10. BSOD while playing games (added new ram)

BSOD while playing games (added new ram): So I've recently purchased a new memory stick which is identical to what I have been using for the past 2 years. When I first built this pc, i've been only using a single 4GB stick (Apotop 4gb 1600Mhz) and recently I've decided to upgrade to 8GB by adding another stick. After...