Windows 10: BSOD After an update

Discus and support BSOD After an update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Last week my computer crashed on a bsod after an update. I managed to do a system restore but it has happened again this week but this time the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Lionel222, May 18, 2020.

1. Lionel222 Win User

BSOD After an update

Hi

Last week my computer crashed on a bsod after an update. I managed to do a system restore but it has happened again this week but this time the computer went into an automatic repair loop. I managed to get into recovery mode but everything I have tried gets me no where. I have tried system restore, uninstall updates but to no avail. Now when I try to click anything in the recovery I am getting the error saying I am not the administrator. What are my options now. Can I just purchase a windows 10 disc and reinstall it back onto the computer. I'm at a loss.

:)

Lionel222, May 18, 2020
  2. alexsubri Win User

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    BSOD After an update [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, May 18, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond BSOD After an update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 18, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

BSOD After an update

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, May 18, 2020
Thema:

BSOD After an update

1. BSOD After an update - Similar Threads - BSOD update

2. Laptop always BSODs when trying to update. Stuck on Windows 1709

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop always BSODs when trying to update. Stuck on Windows 1709: Hi all. I've had this Lenovo Yoga 720 15" laptop since 2017 and have done countless hours and methods of troubleshooting to try and get this thing to update, but it always BSODs for 90% of the Windows updates. Thus, I seem to be permanently stuck on version 1709. I think it...
  3. Laptop always BSODs when trying to update. Stuck on Windows 1709

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop always BSODs when trying to update. Stuck on Windows 1709: Hi all. I've had this Lenovo Yoga 720 15" laptop since 2017 and have done countless hours and methods of troubleshooting to try and get this thing to update, but it always BSODs for 90% of the Windows updates. Thus, I seem to be permanently stuck on version 1709. I think it...
  4. Laptop always BSODs when trying to update. Stuck on Windows 1709

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Been having random restart and BSOD after updating Windows KB5035853

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Been having random restart and BSOD after updating Windows KB5035853: Hi, I've been experiencing several random restarts when the machine is asleep and random BSODs after updating.The event viewers show the following error IDs:volmgr 161volmgr 162Is the error software or hardware-related?...
  6. Been having random restart and BSOD after updating Windows KB5035853

Been having random restart and BSOD after updating Windows KB5035853: Hi, I've been experiencing several random restarts when the machine is asleep and random BSODs after updating.The event viewers show the following error IDs:volmgr 161volmgr 162Is the error software or hardware-related?...
  7. bsod after drivers update 0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8057AD41A71, 0xFFFFF48CBE90E9E8,...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bsod after drivers update 0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8057AD41A71, 0xFFFFF48CBE90E9E8,...: hi! i have bsod every time i update drivers of my gpu nv gtx960m from any source oficial nvidia site, geforce expirience, windows driver updater... ive tried 5-6 times and one of them even ended up with the impossobility of restoring recovery point, i had to reinstall...
  8. Constant BSOD at startup after recent Win11Pro update, related to GameInput Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSOD at startup after recent Win11Pro update, related to GameInput Service: Hello, since updating to the newest version of Windows 11 Pro I've had problems with starting my system. Notably it crashes with a BSOD like 2-3 times at startup and it's a gamble whether it will progress normally or not. It works fine for about 10 seconds and then it...
  9. Constant BSOD at startup after recent Win11Pro update, related to GameInput Service

Constant BSOD at startup after recent Win11Pro update, related to GameInput Service: Hello, since updating to the newest version of Windows 11 Pro I've had problems with starting my system. Notably it crashes with a BSOD like 2-3 times at startup and it's a gamble whether it will progress normally or not. It works fine for about 10 seconds and then it...
  10. BSOD when deleting files trying to update drivers or freshly reinstall windows + windows...

BSOD when deleting files trying to update drivers or freshly reinstall windows + windows...: Been using my pc for about 3 months just fine then I installed valorant and the Antichrist started crashing after I had to turn secure boot on to play the game and over time the crashes have gotten worse to the point I can barely use the pc the error codes are “ATTEMPTED...