Windows 10: BSOD After an update

Discus and support BSOD After an update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Last week my computer crashed on a bsod after an update. I managed to do a system restore but it has happened again this week but this time the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Lionel222, May 18, 2020.

1. Lionel222 Win User

BSOD After an update

Hi

Last week my computer crashed on a bsod after an update. I managed to do a system restore but it has happened again this week but this time the computer went into an automatic repair loop. I managed to get into recovery mode but everything I have tried gets me no where. I have tried system restore, uninstall updates but to no avail. Now when I try to click anything in the recovery I am getting the error saying I am not the administrator. What are my options now. Can I just purchase a windows 10 disc and reinstall it back onto the computer. I'm at a loss.

:)

Lionel222, May 18, 2020
  2. alexsubri Win User

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    BSOD After an update [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, May 18, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond BSOD After an update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 18, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

BSOD After an update

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, May 18, 2020
Thema:

BSOD After an update

1. BSOD After an update - Similar Threads - BSOD update

2. Different BSOD error codes after faulty bios update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Different BSOD error codes after faulty bios update: Hi, I recently built my first computer and it worked great for a couple months until I foolishly updated the BIOS (hoping to fix some audio interface problems I was having) and started running into trouble. I now understand what a mistake this was, as it froze during the...
  3. BSOD on windows 10 after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD on windows 10 after update: Hello, I did an update on windows 10 on my PC yesterday My computer reboot, I had no sound and my screen was on 1920x1080 I change the settings on max resolution 3800xsomething and reboot the computer, thinking the sound will come back as it did normally and now I am on...
  4. Update from Win10 rev 1809 to 1909 fails with BSOD TDI.SYS at 30%

Update from Win10 rev 1809 to 1909 fails with BSOD TDI.SYS at 30%: Summary of Problem: I have three identical hp 8440p laptop production systems and another 4th identical spare laptop that I have the luxury of using as a troubleshooting tool . All are running Win10 with no operational issues, and the troubleshooting laptop has only a...
  5. HP PCs are getting KMODE BSOD after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 News
    HP PCs are getting KMODE BSOD after Windows 10 update: If you just hit “KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED” Blue Screen of Death error on your HP computer with Windows 10, don’t worry, it’s not a hardware issue and it’s not just you. “KMODE” Blue Screen of Death—or BSOD— appear when Windows 10 encounters a critical error or when the...
  6. Windows updates lead to BSOD on startup.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows updates lead to BSOD on startup.: Hello everyone! I've been having this issue for a good while now (Month or two I think?) where whenever I attempt to install a Windows update, regardless of what update it is, it causes my PC to BSOD when it starts back up after shutting down. I hit "Update and shut down"...
  7. BSOD CRITICAL PROCESS DIED + Constant Random BSODs Since an Update on April 15th

BSOD CRITICAL PROCESS DIED + Constant Random BSODs Since an Update on April 15th: On April 15th, I started to experience random BSODs, during which the memory dump was always interrupted by a second crash. In the 2 weeks that followed, I had 10 random BSODs, at which point I thought I'd isolated the problem to my second hard drive in my laptop. I had...
  8. Constant Random BSODs Since an Update on April 15th

Constant Random BSODs Since an Update on April 15th: On April 15th, I started to experience random BSODs, during which the memory dump was always interrupted by a second crash. In the 2 weeks that followed, I had 10 random BSODs, at which point I thought I'd isolated the problem to my second hard drive in my laptop. I had...
  9. asus laptop did update and now we have BSOD

asus laptop did update and now we have BSOD: asus laptop did update and now we have BSOD , cant remove latest update, cant boot up , cant go back to an earlier date... please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asus-laptop-did-update-and-now-we-have-bsod/a1ab11ce-e3e6-4eb4-9887-0e7fc4404cc4
  10. (BSOD) i updated 20 drivers through IObit driver booster and now stuck on thr infinite...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    (BSOD) i updated 20 drivers through IObit driver booster and now stuck on thr infinite...: ohk, yes now I'm aware that updating 20 drivers at once was wrong.(why do they give the option tho?) but now im stuck on the diagnosing, start up repair infinite loop( the e:....\srtTrials) ive tried everything -uninstall recent feature in troubleshooting -restore previous...