Windows 10: bsod after au updates

Discus and support bsod after au updates in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hi i cannot send dm_log-collector because of windows error [invalid file]. since the au updates this computer has been a problem. i would like you to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by pothound, Nov 2, 2016.

1. pothound Win User

bsod after au updates

hi i cannot send dm_log-collector because of windows error [invalid file]. since the au updates this computer has been a problem. i would like you to see this file. is there another way? thank you

:)

pothound, Nov 2, 2016
  2. Paul 007 Win User

After installing the anniversary update, it reverted to the previous version of Windows.

Question - are any of you using ESET 9 Smart Security? I have it and I am getting information that it is also a culprit for the BSOD. From what I am reading, I am getting very mixed messages on uninstalling it before doing the AU, also that Microsoft is
    pushing 3rd party antivirus vendors away in favor of Windows Defender.

I haven't tried the AU with ESET uninstalled because a number of people online are saying that the AU goes fine after uninstalling ESET, but when EST is reinstalled they get either a BSOD or a freeze.

I am seeing indications that what many here are experiencing are both or either an ASUS BIOS or driver issue or an ESET issue.

Can you chime in on this? Thanks!

Paul 007, Nov 2, 2016
  3. An808 Win User
    System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled(nvlddmkm.sys) error code and BSOD on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Windows,

The same BSOD issue is occurring quite often on my Aus G75V.

After reboot, my Laptop seems to run normally again... until it crashes again with the same BSOD.

You can find the crash dump at OneDrive 012017-8609-01.dmp.

Please give us some clues on what happened...

Regards.

An808, Nov 2, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

bsod after au updates

Hi pothound,

Welcome to the 10forums and apologies for the delay.

Are you still in need of help?

axe0, Nov 6, 2016
  5. pothound Win User
    yes thank you any time i get an update, since the AU update, it will hang up. i can unplug it and start it , then it will be ok

pothound, Nov 7, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    Please try to run following command in an admin command prompt
    Code: wmic /output:"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\hotfix.txt" qfe list full /format:table&copy %SystemRoot%\minidump\*.dmp "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\"&type %SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\etc\hosts >> "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\hosts.txt"&systeminfo > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\systeminfo.tmp"&findstr /v "Owner." "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\systeminfo.tmp" > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\systeminfo.txt"&del "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\systeminfo.tmp"&driverquery /v > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\drivers.txt"&msinfo32 /nfo "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\msinfo32.nfo"&wevtutil qe System /f:text > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\eventlog.txt"&reg export HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\uninstall.txt"&reg export "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components" "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\installed.txt"&licensingdiag.exe -report "%userprofile%\Desktop\Genuine.txt" -log "%userprofile%\Desktop\repfiles.cab"&del "%userprofile%\Desktop\repfiles.cab" /Q&net start > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\services.txt"&sc query type= driver state= all > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\driver_status.txt"&sc query type= service state= inactive > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\inactive_services_status.txt"&sc query type= service state= all > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\all_services_status.txt"&REM wmic service list full /format:htable >%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\service.html&REM wmic /output:%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\nics.html nicconfig list /format:hform[/quote] It creates files on your desktop, zip these files and upload the zip.

The following files are created:
    • hosts.txt,
    • *.dmp,
    • hotfix.txt,
    • systeminfo.txt,
    • drivers.txt,
    • msinfo32.nfo,
    • eventlog.txt,
    • uninstall.txt,
    • installed.txt,
    • genuine.txt,
    • services.txt,
    • driver_status.txt,
    • inactive_services_status.txt,
    • all_services_status.txt,

axe0, Nov 8, 2016
  7. pothound Win User
    hi i ran these files and they are on my desktop. what do i do when they are uploaded? thank you
    It creates files on your desktop, zip these files and upload the zip.

The following files are created:
    • hosts.txt,
    • *.dmp,
    • hotfix.txt,
    • systeminfo.txt,
    • drivers.txt,
    • msinfo32.nfo,
    • eventlog.txt,
    • uninstall.txt,
    • installed.txt,
    • genuine.txt,
    • services.txt,
    • driver_status.txt,
    • inactive_services_status.txt,
    • all_services_status.txt,
    [/quote]

pothound, Nov 9, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

bsod after au updates

"It creates files on your desktop, zip these files and upload the zip."

axe0, Nov 9, 2016
  9. pothound Win User
    hi what do i do after i upload the zip? what am i looking for? are there changes i need to make? thank you poyhound

pothound, Nov 9, 2016
  10. axe0 New Member
    It's just like with the DM Log Collector, you upload the zip and nothing more.

11. pothound Win User
    here are a few files. eventlog is too large. thank you

pothound, Nov 11, 2016
  12. pothound Win User
    i am still working on the other files.

pothound, Nov 11, 2016
  13. pothound Win User

bsod after au updates

after some problems, here are 5 more. lacking computer skills. thank you

pothound, Nov 11, 2016
  14. pothound Win User
    here is one i could not download last week.

pothound, Nov 11, 2016
  15. pothound Win User
    here is the event log zipped

pothound, Nov 11, 2016
Thema:

bsod after au updates

1. bsod after au updates - Similar Threads - bsod updates

2. I need help fixing my BSOD bootloop in my laptop, it occured after updating the latest...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help fixing my BSOD bootloop in my laptop, it occured after updating the latest...: This type or errors are being displayed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-fixing-my-bsod-bootloop-in-my-laptop/b7d9ce41-f5a0-4199-883e-cd864f0288d6
  3. I need help fixing my BSOD bootloop in my laptop, it occured after updating the latest...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help fixing my BSOD bootloop in my laptop, it occured after updating the latest...: This type or errors are being displayed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-fixing-my-bsod-bootloop-in-my-laptop/b7d9ce41-f5a0-4199-883e-cd864f0288d6
  4. When I restart my laptop it says updates are underway and it restarts to a bsod and loops.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I restart my laptop it says updates are underway and it restarts to a bsod and loops.: I am having an issue with my new laptop with windows 11 22h2 it doesn't install new updates and when I restart the laptop it says updates are underway and without any persentage it suddenly restarts when my laptop logo shows up the loading lags and goes to bsod and restarts...
  5. When I restart my laptop it says updates are underway and it restarts to a bsod and loops.

When I restart my laptop it says updates are underway and it restarts to a bsod and loops.: I am having an issue with my new laptop with windows 11 22h2 it doesn't install new updates and when I restart the laptop it says updates are underway and without any persentage it suddenly restarts when my laptop logo shows up the loading lags and goes to bsod and restarts...
  6. Laptop always BSODs when trying to update. Stuck on Windows 1709

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop always BSODs when trying to update. Stuck on Windows 1709: Hi all. I've had this Lenovo Yoga 720 15" laptop since 2017 and have done countless hours and methods of troubleshooting to try and get this thing to update, but it always BSODs for 90% of the Windows updates. Thus, I seem to be permanently stuck on version 1709. I think it...
  7. Laptop always BSODs when trying to update. Stuck on Windows 1709

Laptop always BSODs when trying to update. Stuck on Windows 1709: Hi all. I've had this Lenovo Yoga 720 15" laptop since 2017 and have done countless hours and methods of troubleshooting to try and get this thing to update, but it always BSODs for 90% of the Windows updates. Thus, I seem to be permanently stuck on version 1709. I think it...
  8. Laptop always BSODs when trying to update. Stuck on Windows 1709

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Been having random restart and BSOD after updating Windows KB5035853

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Been having random restart and BSOD after updating Windows KB5035853: Hi, I've been experiencing several random restarts when the machine is asleep and random BSODs after updating.The event viewers show the following error IDs:volmgr 161volmgr 162Is the error software or hardware-related?...
  10. Been having random restart and BSOD after updating Windows KB5035853

Been having random restart and BSOD after updating Windows KB5035853: Hi, I've been experiencing several random restarts when the machine is asleep and random BSODs after updating.The event viewers show the following error IDs:volmgr 161volmgr 162Is the error software or hardware-related?...