Windows 10: BSOD after booting and doing nothing, 13-15 minutes later

Discus and support BSOD after booting and doing nothing, 13-15 minutes later in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The desktop is a PC, built by me, in 2011. AMD FX 6-core, 16 GB RAM, 1TB Western Digital Black, regular HD (not an SSD or hybrid). Motherboard is an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tlee85874, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Tlee85874 Win User

BSOD after booting and doing nothing, 13-15 minutes later

The desktop is a PC, built by me, in 2011. AMD FX 6-core, 16 GB RAM, 1TB Western Digital Black, regular HD (not an SSD or hybrid). Motherboard is an ASUS M5A87. This is a business/office/production machine, not a gaming machine. Previous OS was Windows 7, and upgraded to Windows 10 with the free upgrade in 2016.
    First blue screen, May 27, 2018, upon replacing an AOC monitor which stopped working with a new, HP monitor. But replacing the HP monitor, subsequently, with 3 other used monitors continued to give blue screens.
    The blue screens come on consistently, after 13-15 minutes of the computer not actively used for anything, after booting to the desktop and allowing to sit idle.
    I tried Clean Boot, enabling 5 programs at a time and excluding all others, and also under msconfig and the services console, but didn't find any program that was responsible.
    In safe mode, the desktop will go indefinitely at rest without giving any blue screen.
    I tried swapping out USB hubs, keyboards, mice, sound card, speakers, power cord, video card, Ethernet cable, and monitor cables, with no success.
    I physically cleaned the PC with an air blower and canned air. Running Memtest86 and Microsoft’s memory test showed no errors.
    Replaced the power supply (which showed no problems with a PSU tester), with another, more powerful, power supply.
    I restored from an Acronis backup to April 2018, to a spare hard drive, prior to version 1803, which stopped the blue screens for about a week, but they started up again.
    The blue screens appear consistently, 13-15 minutes (timed with a timer) after booting to the desktop, if doing nothing (meaning no activity by me at the keyboard, such as browsing or using File Explorer, etc.). If I boot and then do something, including Windows updates, get a document, do a scan, etc., more than 13 minutes passes before the blue screen occurs, but eventually, it does.
    So far, I’ve waited for Windows 10 updates for July, August, September, and October (but not the update to 1809) might resolve the blue screens, but they did not.
    I have not tried reinstalling Windows, because I wanted to see if the dm log collector program might reveal anything first.

:)

Tlee85874, Oct 19, 2018
  2. AYoung Win User

Suddenly, BSOD every 15-20 minutes

As the title suggests, my PC has been running fine, up until last night, playing Fallout 4, suddenly BSOD. Today, I turn it back on, and it crashes booting, then crashes over and over every 15-20 minutes, giving me many different types of errors, including page file, security, etc. The crashes don't seem to be related to anything I'm doing, just random.

Log file attached as per instructions. If any additional details are needed, please let me know.

Thanks in advance for any help, this is maddening.

AYoung, Oct 19, 2018
  3. ughhh! BSOD on boot

I guess my computer BSOD on boot right before getting to windows. not sure what the problem is though, everything is stable.

It gave me a list of two files in windows that could have caused the problems

MxPhenom 216, Oct 19, 2018
  4. BSOD after booting and doing nothing, 13-15 minutes later

Help. I had a a bad crash a minute ago

As i was typing minutes ago, my firefox crashed several times, 2 minutes later bsod. at reboot he wasnt able to recognize system.ini, like if the partion were fucked, i had to drop to 2850 from 3370 to boot in windows and write this... suggesting my psu wents bad? its very degraded, passive pfc and it was designed for p4 and prescott, axp 500w simplepower... i use it 1,5 years now, intensively for my hobby overclocking purposes. lost much amperage in everest since i bought it.

the first bsod was memory related
    the others were all random

Velvet Wafer, Oct 19, 2018
Thema:

BSOD after booting and doing nothing, 13-15 minutes later

1. BSOD after booting and doing nothing, 13-15 minutes later - Similar Threads - BSOD booting doing

2. BSOD Every 15 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Every 15 minutes: Good afternoon,My computer has been getting blue screens for quite some time and I feel like I've tried everything I can possibly think of. I even got to the point where I completely wiped everything clean and reloaded windows and I'm still getting crashes every 15 minutes. I...
  3. BSOD Every 15 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Every 15 minutes: Good afternoon,My computer has been getting blue screens for quite some time and I feel like I've tried everything I can possibly think of. I even got to the point where I completely wiped everything clean and reloaded windows and I'm still getting crashes every 15 minutes. I...
  4. BSOD after 5 minutes of boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after 5 minutes of boot: Hi My PC was working fine until yesterday. This morning I opened it up to clean out dust, like I usually do every few months. Since then, it take much longer to boot up, almost 4 to 5 minutes I can use the device for another 5 minutes but it is slow and then a blue screen...
  5. BSOD after 5 minutes of boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after 5 minutes of boot: Hi My PC was working fine until yesterday. This morning I opened it up to clean out dust, like I usually do every few months. Since then, it take much longer to boot up, almost 4 to 5 minutes I can use the device for another 5 minutes but it is slow and then a blue screen...
  6. BSOD after 5 minutes of boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. BSOD: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION every 15 minutes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION every 15 minutes: I recently bought this computer from Microcenter, and a couple of months later, I've started getting a BSOD almost every time I'm running certain games (COD:BOCW, Halo MCC) for longer than 15 minutes or so. It's pretty consistent. The BSOD gives the error code...
  8. BSOD after 15-30 minutes of gaming

BSOD after 15-30 minutes of gaming: Hello, hoping someone can help diagnose the cause of recent BSODs. I suspect it is a driver issue as my computer crashes within minutes of running driver verifier. I've tried updating all drivers and bios from the manufacturer's website and a clean install of Windows 10....
  9. BSOD after 5 minutes WIndows is booted and doing nothing

BSOD after 5 minutes WIndows is booted and doing nothing: BSOD after 5 minutes WIndows is booted and doing nothing See collector log in attachment System - Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power [ Guid] {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4} EventID 41 Version 6 Level...
  10. BSOD after 30 minutes after boot

BSOD after 30 minutes after boot: I run Win10 under Parallels at MacBook. Few days ago it started to crash about 30 minutes after boot. I don't need to do anything, just wait and it will die. Usually it's REGISTRY_ERROR, but sometimes another error. sfc shows some errors, but they don't look dangerous....