Windows 10: BSOD after changing tpm settings from Descrete to Firmware

Discus and support BSOD after changing tpm settings from Descrete to Firmware in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I was trying to upgrade to Dev Windows 11 today and it seemed that it needed TPM to be enabled so I set my TPM settings to firmware mode in bios and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MehrdadShamsi, Jun 30, 2021.

1. BSOD after changing tpm settings from Descrete to Firmware

So I was trying to upgrade to Dev Windows 11 today and it seemed that it needed TPM to be enabled so I set my TPM settings to firmware mode in bios and now my windows gets a BSOD with a "CRITICAL PROCESS DIED" error when I start my pc up. I tried reseting the setting back to descrete mode and it didn't&n

:)

MehrdadShamsi, Jun 30, 2021
  2. Ethan.ASI Win User

Issue after upgrading TPM firmware

Hello,

This is the update that I am trying to accomplish: Update your security processor (TPM) firmware

However after completing the steps that are listed within this article I am still not able to complete the actual upgrade. I still have the pop up that states i need to upgrade.

I followed the following steps:

1. ensure all upgrades are up to date.

2. download the specific .EXE firmware update file and run it on my machine as an administrator

3. clear TPM and restart.

however simple these steps are I have not been able to complete the update.

I am on a HP Z240 SFF 1.2 TPM

What can I do to ensure that my TPM is updated to the latest firmware?

Ethan.ASI, Jun 30, 2021
  3. TPM update

Don't know if this is the right place for this thread but whatever, laptop informed me that " a firmware update is needed for you security processor (TPM)," now, i looked up what to do and from a microsoft support thing, the last step says to clear the tpm. it has a warning saying to back up my data, i would like to know what clearing the tpm does, and what measures i need to take to make sure nothing goes wrong.

ReeeeallyThough, Jun 30, 2021
  4. BSOD after changing tpm settings from Descrete to Firmware

How to perform TPM firmware upgrade on latest Windows 10?

According to Readme.html included in the sp82407.exe SoftPaq archive:

As to how exactly this works, I have used the name of the registry key to find TPM Group Policy settings. It explains what the various values mean and how they behave:

I also found a Microsoft blog post TPM Owner Password which goes into detail about where and how the password is stored, and how to make use of it.

So the trick is to set OSManagedAuthLevel to Full and reinitialize. There is still no key backup UI, but the presence of the registry key will cause the TPM key to get saved in the registry. According to the readme, the updater should then be able to fetch the key automatically. If it doesn't, the key can be extracted from the registry.

theultramage, Jun 30, 2021
Thema:

BSOD after changing tpm settings from Descrete to Firmware

1. BSOD after changing tpm settings from Descrete to Firmware - Similar Threads - BSOD changing tpm

2. Sudden BSOD after changing a Ingame setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden BSOD after changing a Ingame setting: I was messing around with Apex legend settings and Riva tuner statistics server limiting fps for smoother gameplayThere was a setting under Vsync ingame called "dynamic" as soon as i clicked apply, a krr sound in my headphone and a blue screen appeard for like 3 sec and insta...
  3. Sudden BSOD after changing a Ingame setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden BSOD after changing a Ingame setting: I was messing around with Apex legend settings and Riva tuner statistics server limiting fps for smoother gameplayThere was a setting under Vsync ingame called "dynamic" as soon as i clicked apply, a krr sound in my headphone and a blue screen appeard for like 3 sec and insta...
  4. Windows TPM settings differing from eachother

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows TPM settings differing from eachother: Hi, I'm trying to upgrade to Windows 11 and my settings tell me that my PC does not meet the requirements, while PC Health Check does. Can somebody help me out?...
  5. BSoD After updating firmware HP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD After updating firmware HP: When I updated my BIOS, all was normal. Until I launched games like ROBLOX, that's when it got crazy. It kept on giving me Bluescreens in some important driver files. I believe my display driver graphics card lol might be the culprit. I've gotten over 20 Hardware Fails in...
  6. BSoD After updating firmware HP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSoD After updating firmware HP: When I updated my BIOS, all was normal. Until I launched games like ROBLOX, that's when it got crazy. It kept on giving me Bluescreens in some important driver files. I believe my display driver graphics card lol might be the culprit. I've gotten over 20 Hardware Fails in...
  7. BSoD After updating firmware HP

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. TPM settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    TPM settings: Hello, I think the two false options should be enabled for maximum security, right?Thanks, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tpm-settings/411aaf4e-f941-44c6-a54e-ecdc411abd46
  9. TPM firmware update... WTF?

TPM firmware update... WTF?: Suddenly Kaspersky alerts me to a security issue. Then I check and discover the above. Of all the innumerable problems MS have caused me recently - like having to spend £700 replacing a perfectly usable PC with an AMD processor because current Win 10 is "incompatible" - I...
  10. Issue after upgrading TPM firmware

Issue after upgrading TPM firmware: Hello, This is the update that I am trying to accomplish: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4096377/windows-10-update-security-processor-tpm-firmware However after completing the steps that are listed within this article I am still not able to complete the actual...