Windows 10: BSoD after clean install of Windows 11 22H2

Discus and support BSoD after clean install of Windows 11 22H2 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After preforming a clean install of Windows 11 22H2 on a Dell Precision 3630 Intel 8700K processor I received a Blue Screen of Death with a Stop code... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JeremyS222, Oct 1, 2022.

1. BSoD after clean install of Windows 11 22H2

After preforming a clean install of Windows 11 22H2 on a Dell Precision 3630 Intel 8700K processor I received a Blue Screen of Death with a Stop code of KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED with intelppm.sys. This occurred within minutes of the clean install completing and sitting at the desktop screen.

:)

JeremyS222, Oct 1, 2022

2. Will I be forced to do a clean install of windows 11 22h2

HI I was wondering if I could ask a question please. I was wondering when windows 11 22h2 comes out on September 20 2022. Will I be forced to do a clean install of 22h2 for windows 11? Or can I keep my files intact and install windows 11 22h2 on top of windows 11 21h2?

Thanks for any advice.

windows 11 home edition

64 bit operating system

version: 21h2

Howard_35_78, Oct 1, 2022
  3. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Oct 1, 2022
  4. BSoD after clean install of Windows 11 22H2

Windows 11 22H2

markoshack, Oct 1, 2022
Thema:

BSoD after clean install of Windows 11 22H2

1. BSoD after clean install of Windows 11 22H2 - Similar Threads - BSoD clean install

2. BSOD on Windows 11 22H2 after installing KB5020880

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD on Windows 11 22H2 after installing KB5020880: Hi, I am troubleshooting a BSOD on DELL XPS 15 7590 I reinstalled the Windows 11 operating system from a bootable USB stick. During setup, I removed all the partitions created with the previous previous installation of the operating system. At the end of the installation a...
  3. BSOD on Windows 11 22H2 after installing KB5020880

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD on Windows 11 22H2 after installing KB5020880: Hi, I am troubleshooting a BSOD on DELL XPS 15 7590 I reinstalled the Windows 11 operating system from a bootable USB stick. During setup, I removed all the partitions created with the previous previous installation of the operating system. At the end of the installation a...
  4. Trouble after clean install of 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble after clean install of 22H2: My HP Elite x2 G8 tablet runs Windows 11 Pro 21H2 with no issues. However, the 22H2 auto update failed and rolled back so I thought I'd try a clean install using the ISO file and Media Creation Tool.The clean install worked fine except for one thing: the touch-screen numeric...
  5. Trouble after clean install of 22H2

Trouble after clean install of 22H2: My HP Elite x2 G8 tablet runs Windows 11 Pro 21H2 with no issues. However, the 22H2 auto update failed and rolled back so I thought I'd try a clean install using the ISO file and Media Creation Tool.The clean install worked fine except for one thing: the touch-screen numeric...
  6. BSoD after clean install of Windows 11 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD after clean install of Windows 11 22H2: After preforming a clean install of Windows 11 22H2 on a Dell Precision 3630 Intel 8700K processor I received a Blue Screen of Death with a Stop code of KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED with intelppm.sys. This occurred within minutes of the clean install completing and sitting at...
  7. BSOD - Cannot install Hyper V after clean install of Windows Update 22H2 Win 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - Cannot install Hyper V after clean install of Windows Update 22H2 Win 11 Pro: Greetings - I added this to the feedback hub with a "we've got it" replyAs it's a BSOD situation which I have been able to replicate twice - once as a Local User A/C and once linked to the MS A/CI thought I'd pop it in here to see if anyone had some thoughts or see if someone...
  8. BSOD - Cannot install Hyper V after clean install of Windows Update 22H2 Win 11 Pro

BSOD - Cannot install Hyper V after clean install of Windows Update 22H2 Win 11 Pro: Greetings - I added this to the feedback hub with a "we've got it" replyAs it's a BSOD situation which I have been able to replicate twice - once as a Local User A/C and once linked to the MS A/CI thought I'd pop it in here to see if anyone had some thoughts or see if someone...
  9. BSOD after a clean Windows install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD after a clean Windows install: Hello, I recently bought Windows 10 Pro. I installed it with no problems. After just 10 minutes I received the first BSOD: 'Your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart..' After the restart the same BSOD (in about 5 minutes). Before Windows 10 I ran Windows 7 with no...
  10. BSOD after clean window install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD after clean window install: After an SSD upgrade ans a clean windows install, I keep receiving BSOD. The driver causing the problem seems to be dbx.sys. In any case I attach link with the minidumps and ms-info of the laptop. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvFFVidLWquJmEOlAmMbtDRsDxh9 Alternative link here :...